0.1.5 has been released.

mwl4

Oh man, we need the speed limiter.  Actually it'd be great if it worked by limiting you to the actual speed limit.  Can't even count how many idiots came flying past me doing 90 in a 50 zone, almost taking out my trailer in the process.  No speed limiter is going to be absolute pandamonium.  I swear, there should be a server for "professional drivers" only.  Then again, these idiots probably think that's what they are.

• Upvote 3

I stay out from ETS2 because of speedlimit on , first its a game and too boring doing long trips at 90kms , second they players must learn the rules , i tough some of players would be real drivers ... but anyway , speedlimit off , if people ram , report!

Actually real drivers do play this game... I'm one of them.

If you can't stand driving safe than you have no place behind the wheel of a rig, plain and simple.  That's why speed limits are enforced.  This isn't Grand Theft Auto or Grand Turismo.  It's not a racing game.  It's a trucking simulator.  That's why it has "simulator" in it's name. 

The "real drivers" you speak of are the ones who come here to enjoy the simulation of a driving environment, not to see how fast their truck can go down the highway.  We want to properly back our trailers, not drive through everything just because it's a collision-free zone.  We drive 50 in a 50 zone, not 90.  We use our signals religiously, and make proper lane choises, because we want to.

For me a 90kph limit was completely acceptable, and removing it has already caused a mess of GTA idiots on the freeway who need to have their licenses revoked.

• Upvote 1

That video, you are going 55 mph so yea someone going 75 is  going to be faster, over dramatizing it just saying. And they can ram you at any speed 

Actually with the first truck he's doing 90 when the idiot blows by him on the shoulder.  That's not over dramatizing, that's clear evidence.

Please don't say its april false day

Of course it is April Fools. Do you people really think that after all the trouble not having a limiter caused and all the trouble it happened with some people whining about there being a limiter (plus the devs stating several times that the limiter won't be removed) they would simply disable it?

Get real, folks. Look at your calendars and see what's the date. Enjoy while it is disabled. In the meantime I'll stay away from the mod. I'm here since the beginning when there was no limiter. I don't want to relive the hell it was because of the rammers.

This is a April Fools joke by the devs.

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

For people the real driving ... Setting - speed limit 90 ON
And when it pops: Auto-Save Loading ...

I think it's great except that the update server level down

<_<

and to all Russian:

Racing (Гонки) – Кик / бан
Гонки или что-то подобное. :lol:

Actually real drivers do play this game... I'm one of them.

If you can't stand driving safe than you have no place behind the wheel of a rig, plain and simple.  That's why speed limits are enforced.  This isn't Grand Theft Auto or Grand Turismo.  It's not a racing game.  It's a trucking simulator.  That's why it has "simulator" in it's name. 

The "real drivers" you speak of are the ones who come here to enjoy the simulation of a driving environment, not to see how fast their truck can go down the highway.  We want to properly back our trailers, not drive through everything just because it's a collision-free zone.  We drive 50 in a 50 zone, not 90.  We use our signals religiously, and make proper lane choises, because we want to.

For me a 90kph limit was completely acceptable, and removing it has already caused a mess of GTA idiots on the freeway who need to have their licenses revoked.

Im real driver and also truck driver and i enjoy driving but if in real life sometimes i go more then 90 with my truck and no problems why i wouldnt do it on game? also i have g27 , makes me more easy to have full controll of my vehicle on high speeds , 90 quite boring for map so huge , its game ... wanna drive like real life , get out of pc and do it simple , ith speed limiter was very hard to overtake people that drives like shit or they are lagging or they are pretty slow

For people the real driving ... Setting - speed limit 90 ON

And when it pops: Auto-Save Loading ...

I think it's great except that the update server level down

<_<

It's not about "real driving". It's about the rammers. Serious players can behave well, even if they speed. The issue is that rammers will -again- take the opportunity to wreck our trucks like they did in the past. In case you don't know, without the imposed limiter, anyone without a trailer can quickly catch up speed and slam into someone, causing great damage. With the speelimiter this problem was mostly eliminated.

Here's an example:

This was recorded before they added the limiter. Incidents like that were extremely common. That's why the added they limiter. You could barely put one single wheel outside of a NCZ without getting your truck hit by someone going at warp speed. If only they were accidents but no. These people did it on purpose with the intention of causing trouble.

You like it or not, the speed limiter is a good thing and its removal now is nothing but a April Fools prank. I assure you it will be back on later this week. Maybe even on April 2nd, right away.

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Well that eliminate Speedlimiter.The Russian community is grateful to you. thank you. :D

Please, don't associate yourself with entire Russian Community. Speedlimiter is a theme to discussion. And I'm just one of many people who prefer limiter is ON.

Servers are OFF. Should we wait for 0.1.5R2 ?

• Upvote 1