ReMap PTT Key?

DIESELJC

I was looking the other day and wanted to re-map the "x" key for the CB radio to a different button on my button box but didnt see any options for this. Is this possible someplace in the settings? If not can anyone direct me to a program to re-map the "x" key to something else? I tried "AntiMicro" but it doesn't seem to work with MP for some reason.

Diesel JC

1 hour ago, JamesS014 said:

Hey,

You cannot change the key bind for chat or the CB Radio in the game settings/TruckersMP settings.

You could probably do this using a 3rd party software.

Yeah I tried AntiMicro a 3rd party software but it doesn't seem to work..it says its mapped to emulate the "x" key and in the mapping it shows it works but in game it doesn't work. Thanks for the reply.

Hello @DIESELJC

When you say your button box - are you in referencing to one as you bought from a Company/Gaming Community or is it one you built yourself? If it was one you purchased see if they have a PC program where you to assign keys to it. I have a logitech G920 and I assigned my CB and tab menu keys via the software they provide. In your case if they don't, try using a different 3rd party program called JoyToKey. Any controller you have connected via USB should show up in the program and then you can assign new keys to it. Hope this works for you. ?

JoyToKey

Kind regards,

K0rnholio

5 hours ago, K0rnholio said:

Hello @DIESELJC

When you say your button box - are you in referencing to one as you bought from a Company/Gaming Community or is it one you built yourself? If it was one you purchased see if they have a PC program where you to assign keys to it. I have a logitech G920 and I assigned my CB and tab menu keys via the software they provide. In your case if they don't, try using a different 3rd party program called JoyToKey. Any controller you have connected via USB should show up in the program and then you can assign new keys to it. Hope this works for you. ?

JoyToKey

Kind regards,

K0rnholio

I have "AntiMicro" but it doesn't seem to work..no I built this button box and it has an actual CB Mic I rewired the switch to the USB board and then it plugs into the Mic jack on my PC.,.it works great for Discord but I wanted to use it for MP. I'll try JoyToKey and see if that works for me..thanks for the reply!

Diesel JC

I as well use a custom button box with cb mic to 3.5 jack, and ptt switch to an arduino micro, and you have indeed few options, depending on how you programmed your circuit (with arduino you can program the x button directly into your scetch, but you'll need an arduino micro for that) but if you use standard usb board, which doesn't need a sketch to run, like this one:

sbc-zde-02-1.jpg

you can use "joy to key", as well as "sv mapper". both should work.

If joy to key doens't work, i suggest you try sv mapper

12 hours ago, [ÖZ DOSTLAR] ONAT - 24 said:

Why don't you just assign a button in the button box to "x"?

Thats what I am trying to do but it doesn't work. It shopws up as button "x" but it doesn't work in MP

9 hours ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

I as well use a custom button box with cb mic to 3.5 jack, and ptt switch to an arduino micro, and you have indeed few options, depending on how you programmed your circuit (with arduino you can program the x button directly into your scetch, but you'll need an arduino micro for that) but if you use standard usb board, which doesn't need a sketch to run, like this one:

sbc-zde-02-1.jpg

I tried JopyTo Key and that didnt work..its a generic USB board I bought off of amazon JoyToKey shows it as a Generic USB Joystick so it lists it as having actual joystick controllers and not buttons. I'll try SV Mapper

9 hours ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

sbc-zde-02-1.jpg

Neither of those work...this shouldn't be this complicated. Antimicro shows button one as emulating the "x" key but in MP it doesn't work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived