About Convoy Rules

Xariel

Hello o/ i want to talk with forum about this Convoy TMP Rule:

§2.6 - Inappropriate Convoy Management 

You are not permitted to take a convoy into highly populated area intentionally. This can include (but is not limited to) Calais, Duisburg, Calais-Duisburg road or surrounding areas.

The Event

Today we make a 20+ Trucks Convoy from Touluse (France) to Ciudad Real (Spain) Promods Server, and i see in online map there were only 9 truckers on 'Embalse de Contreras road'. So we choose go there becuase roads are so cool (and most of us are from Spain). At entrance of this road we found Game Mod ? and he told us "Convoys are not permitted on this road" so i told convoy continue to Ciudad Real and i stop my truck for talk with Mod (he was so nice talking and explaining his point ?).

The Question

I think the rule 2.6 should clarify some terms: Convoy & High Populated Areas (hot roads)

1. Convoy: How many people are considerated a Convoy? i mean, 5 friends are convoy? what about if 10 players from differents VTC create a Virtual Convoy in Calais to Duisburg?... As a Streamer with 100 average viewers, what happend if i wanna go Calais - Duisburg and 40 people follow me, take my same cargo, and put Xariel in tag? (is not the first time a Stream Snipe do this).
  2. High Populated Areas (hot roads): How many people are count for be High Populated Area? I know Calais Duisburg is in the rule example but, what happend if at 4 AM we do a 20 truckers convoy there when there are less than 50 players in this road? What about Kirkenes, late at night when there are less than 50 players? or tonight example, 'Embalse de Contreras' 9 players and we were 20 trucks convoy. (i know 100 players on C-D are not the same as 100 in 'Embalse de Contreras').

The Point

I keep in mind there is one rule above all of this... "use your brain, if you think there is a chance to get ban then turn back" (if there are 250 players on C-D dont bring 40 more) and this is why, as convoy lead, I always take care about my people. I have trucky app overlay for check every time how many people are in map, how many trucks come to us, hot points population, etc. This is an example:

Spoiler

spacer.png

I want to send feedback to TMP Team about this rule because i dont want to do Convoys on Arcade Servers... (i also move Weekend Convoys to Simulation 2 since last weeks we were more than 50 trucks). But before send feedback, i want to know the opinion of the forum, and listen any idea or suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is with having a set limit (such as 20) is that people will just go one below it, flouting the rules.

I think that the current rule set is sufficient as it allows the GM and the event organiser to decide what qualifies as a convoy on a case by case basis. 

For your "highly populated road" point, I would argue that it depends on the type of road (eg. the length, speed, width and type of corners) as to how busy it needs to be to qualify as highly populated. That is why, there's no limit to the number. 

Also, if the road has say 19 people and you have a convoy of 20 (which in my opinion is definitely a convoy), then you have literally doubled the number of vehicles on that road. 

In the case of your convoy, the road you were attempting to go on was very narrow and 20 additional vehicles would have caused massive congestion in those areas and potentially a safety hazard as oncoming vehicles may not be aware of you.

Maybe there would be a way to conduct a convoy safely on that road, but that would require more forewarning and additional piloting vehicles. 

To sumarise, I think the current rules are excellent as they allow the GM to decide on a case by case basis whether a route is suitable for a convoy. 

If you do want to drive the  'Embalse de Contreras road' you could either drive it on Promods Arcade (in which it would be allowed), take a lot fewer people or apply for an event server (100 signups on a platform like Trucky Events or ETS2C are usually required) at this link https://truckersmp.com/event-request

Regards,

Quality Productions

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Xariel,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply to this thread. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind regards,
Chev
Game & Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived