Cars to 120km/h limit and more vehicles!

SamCui

Why do we need to raise 10km/h more for the scout? It's not really gonna be a noticeable difference anyways. Personally for me, I think 110km/h is just good enough for the scout car.

We also currently do not need anymore vehicles. The scout is probably gonna be the only non-truck vehicle we will have in TMP. Remember that this a trucking simulator game, not a car simulator. ;)

However, if you are talking about more trucks, I agree. However, that's SCS's work to do. :)

Therefore, with my points, I disagree with you. 

3 minutes ago, Arix_ said:

Why do we need to raise 10km/h more for the scout? It's not really gonna be a noticeable difference anyways. Personally for me, I think 110km/h is just good enough for the scout car.

We also currently do not need anymore vehicles. The scout is probably gonna be the only non-truck vehicle we will have in TMP. Remember that this a trucking simulator game, not a car simulator. ;)

However, if you are talking about more trucks, I agree. However, that's SCS's work to do. :)

Therefore, with my points, I disagree with you. 

Although I do strongly agree with some of your points, but in my defense, driving a scout which has the same top speed as a massive truck doesn't always give a comfortable experience.

It is also very hard to find any other community that is as successful as TMP, to me, it will be lovely to not only drive trucks but also other family cars for an even better experience.

Last but not least, I'm excited for the new trucks that'll probably come soon!

PS.Thank you for the reply:D

Best Regards,

SamCui

1 hour ago, SamCui said:

Although I do strongly agree with some of your points, but in my defense, driving a scout which has the same top speed as a massive truck doesn't always give a comfortable experience.

It is also very hard to find any other community that is as successful as TMP, to me, it will be lovely to not only drive trucks but also other family cars for an even better experience.

Last but not least, I'm excited for the new trucks that'll probably come soon!

PS.Thank you for the reply:D

Best Regards,

SamCui

I can understand that it may be a uncomfortable experience to be driving the scout car at the same speed as a truck. But, you must consider the safety of that speed. It’s considered as a safe speed. That speed limit in place, has, if not, many crashes and collisions because of high speed driving, especially scout cars. 

Think about it, if scout cars had the speed limit you suggested, which was 120km/h, but trucks were limited to around the same speed as they have now (110km/h), then that would be a unfair advantage. Not only many would drive more scout cars (not to mention more accidents), but that would defeat the purpose of the game, which is to drive around in truck across Europe, not have a scout car simulator. 

However, you are always free to drive in Arcade, which has no speed limit. Meaning, you can drive as fast and how you want to drive. :)

Hello SamCui. First of all, I would like to point out that the limit is 110, because this is a European truck simulator, I am in favor of a complete removal, but it should be noted that we have friends from many countries, only non-European countries. 90 speed limit. I live in Turkey and the majority of the 110-180 tar truck speed limiters can reach speeds in Turkey. But if the managers have decided, we have to respect it, 110 causes a lot of accidents, but as I said, we have to respect that.

Best regards

Barbaros.

I personally see the speed limit well, I do not think it is necessary to increase it in the end, it is a simulator and not a racing game and I think that with the current restrictions most players are happy and have different ways of playing.

In terms of vehicles, well it is true that it is a truck simulator and we have all the current ones (some more modern are not yet but I do not think they will take long) but I think that having another vehicles only on MP would give more variety to the roads.

Greetings and I hope to see what the rest of the players think.

I feel like if the limit should be raised, this should be done only on highways, otherwise you have Scout cars driving 120km/h on C-D and other narrow roads causing accidents, or being generally unsafe.

I doubt this will happen and I'm content with the experience of the game how it stands, anyway.

Also TMP Staff have mentioned they are not interested in creating more vehicles (cars, atleast), trucks will be made by SCS and supported by TMP eventually.

Now i cant say this for sure. But i really dont think we would ever see an increase of speed on the normal servers. As said above you can always go to the Arcade servers to drive 150km/. But on the normal servers i really dont think it will increase. I even think it should be lowered. 110km/h causes enough accidents as it is. I really liked it when the limit was 90km/h back in the day. But i dont think that is gonna happen either. And more cars to drive? As also said earlier, this is a truck simulator. You should be glad we even have the scout :) But who know what the future brings. 

I think the scout should stay at 110km/h, we don't need to increase the risk of accidents on the road, If you wanna go faster use the arcade server. and i don't think we should add any more cars into the game as said above this is a truck simulator but maybe they could add another server just for cars but i think it will be very unlikely!

spacer.png

That's not going to happen. Scout cars 90% of the time are CD road trolls and are mainly there for controlling convoys and it wouldn't make sense if they are faster than the trucks. Speed limits of all vehicles should remain how they are now or they'll be a huge raise in accidents because people love going 120 around tight bends and ultimately end up flipping over other people.

Also think of how SCS implements the limits on speed. The speed limit activates based on user-controlled vehicle, regardless of what vehicle they may be driving. It detects the user, not the vehicle. Trying to make it limited to a specific vehicle would most like require recoding, which is either not possible, or the benefit would not outweigh the actual work of trying to implement it.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

This is my opinion.The 110 limit is quite sufficient.Maybe this number can be increased on highways.

Sincerely,

Expectancy

TruckersMP - Game Moderator                   
 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0

• Useful Links •
Official TruckerMP Rules | SupportFeedback | Reports | Appeal a Ban

Hi. Just joined the game. Love driving the virtual trucks in mp, love the scout car. I drove from Amsterdam to Berlin lately with the scout car. I can see why 110km/h is the max. As a professional driver i would be fine with 130 as a max, but i can understand why the admins are capping the speed. There would be lots of accidents. I am going to be a driver for a convoi this weekend, with my small scout car securing transport. 

I would love to see a few small cars in the game. Why not? This is a great driving sim, more traffic adds more realism. After a long night i closed with a drive in the luxe car yesterday. It felt great. Would love to drive something of a police car too. But who am I. 

Great stuff so far thanks so much for this great game!

48 minutes ago, optimaforma said:

Hi. Just joined the game. Love driving the virtual trucks in mp, love the scout car. I drove from Amsterdam to Berlin lately with the scout car. I can see why 110km/h is the max. As a professional driver i would be fine with 130 as a max, but i can understand why the admins are capping the speed. There would be lots of accidents. I am going to be a driver for a convoi this weekend, with my small scout car securing transport. 

I would love to see a few small cars in the game. Why not? This is a great driving sim, more traffic adds more realism. After a long night i closed with a drive in the luxe car yesterday. It felt great. Would love to drive something of a police car too. But who am I. 

Great stuff so far thanks so much for this great game!

But you still have to think about it, because at around 130 km / h more accidents could happen and the players are less careful

36 minutes ago, MaxiZockt13 said:

But you still have to think about it, because at around 130 km / h more accidents could happen and the players are less careful

Sure, you would have to think about how you are driving a bit more. Me, i drive 500km a day in a Volkswagen Crafter for a living. So to me things like taking back some speed when overtaking is basic stuff. The same goes for basic ethical rules while driving. Give way, slow down in the rain, slowing down in roadworks etc. I will only push the pedal to the metal when it is safe. But I know most won't be able to.

Of course you are right. The assumption backed up by data from reallife that when speed increases accidents increase too is correct. However how this will play out in the game is still is an assumption. People could block roads with trucks. They could use the very long vehicles to taunt. They don't. People want to do good. The same goes for this hypothetical case. To know you would have to increase the speed, monitor crashes and such. A hassle not worth the time I presume.

The car is a truck. I have looked and searched but there isn't a specific set of rules for cars. So upping the max speed of the scout car to say 130, would increase the max speed of trucks to 130 too. As there probably isn't a way to increase the speed for the scout car only, this idea is probably never going to make it. 

I do like the thought though. I can see an entire fleet of service vehicles. This is a trucking game, but a few services and jobs on the side could really draw new crowds and be fun for all. Towing broken trucks. Giving out speeding tickets with police cars. Maybe tickets for parking where not allowed. Maybe some ambulances for when people do crash. Even a few normal cars for the people just looking for that experience. In my mind, more traffic equals more fun. It could help people like my wife who is currently taking actual driving lessons and really enjoyed a round in the scout car. I know this dilutes the true trucking scene but hey, you cannot turn cars off in the real world either, so without some normal cars on the road it doesn't feel like the real world anyway. Thanks for reacting, hope you don't mind the long answer as I am still really thrilled to be here and as always my imagination is racing, seeing lots of opportunities. 

9 minutes ago, optimaforma said:

Sure, you would have to think about how you are driving a bit more. Me, i drive 500km a day in a Volkswagen Crafter for a living. So to me things like taking back some speed when overtaking is basic stuff. The same goes for basic ethical rules while driving. Give way, slow down in the rain, slowing down in roadworks etc. I will only push the pedal to the metal when it is safe. But I know most won't be able to.

Of course you are right. The assumption backed up by data from reallife that when speed increases accidents increase too is correct. However how this will play out in the game is still is an assumption. People could block roads with trucks. They could use the very long vehicles to taunt. They don't. People want to do good. The same goes for this hypothetical case. To know you would have to increase the speed, monitor crashes and such. A hassle not worth the time I presume.

The car is a truck. I have looked and searched but there isn't a specific set of rules for cars. So upping the max speed of the scout car to say 130, would increase the max speed of trucks to 130 too. As there probably isn't a way to increase the speed for the scout car only, this idea is probably never going to make it. 

I do like the thought though. I can see an entire fleet of service vehicles. This is a trucking game, but a few services and jobs on the side could really draw new crowds and be fun for all. Towing broken trucks. Giving out speeding tickets with police cars. Maybe tickets for parking where not allowed. Maybe some ambulances for when people do crash. Even a few normal cars for the people just looking for that experience. In my mind, more traffic equals more fun. It could help people like my wife who is currently taking actual driving lessons and really enjoyed a round in the scout car. I know this dilutes the true trucking scene but hey, you cannot turn cars off in the real world either, so without some normal cars on the road it doesn't feel like the real world anyway. Thanks for reacting, hope you don't mind the long answer as I am still really thrilled to be here and as always my imagination is racing, seeing lots of opportunities. 

All good, thanks for your opinion ?

Archived