0.2.2.8.0 Released

ShawnCZek

21 hours ago, AnotherAlex said:

So we should be more thankful that TruckersMP is still running and get supported by people, and the team doesn't stop their work cos of some crying kids that have not nearly any knowledge about how hard it is, to run a project like this with an international community this big, so many problems in development, FOR FREE....

If it were paid, it would work much better, since they would have the resources (or incentive) to keep up.

On the other hand, the community would improve drastically, since a server ban would imply a monetary loss for the user. Also the quality of people driving would be much better, they would respect more, use the signal lights better and pay attention to all that.

And as for the moderators too, since they would be forced to have a little more conscience and not put anyone as a moderator, lately they are more abusive, kick or ban for no reason, each moderator has their own rules, they don't even respect traffic and / or game laws.

• True Story 2

It seems I've started something deformed and I would like to apologise for it. By "Forget Colorado, no one is buying it yet." I ment that in a COVID-year we are not spending as much as normal on games (You have to eat and have a roof over your head first). Not every person lives in the rich Western World. For myself, money don't grow on trees and I have a limited budget - must be choosy when buying games. Thought I'm glad most of the games I play are old with great content and afordable rates when purchased on Steam.

To mike0828, SCS don't have the team to do MP and this is why there is no progress towards one. More so they never expected that this second game (ETS2) will make big bucks. ATS on the other hand is more popular in the americas and Australia, but not Asia, Africa and Europe. If cross trucking was possible, it would have had a better results.

P.S.: Forgive my spelling, I don't have the time to fix it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ceo22 said:

If it were paid, it would work much better, since they would have the resources (or incentive) to keep up.

On the other hand, the community would improve drastically, since a server ban would imply a monetary loss for the user. Also the quality of people driving would be much better, they would respect more, use the signal lights better and pay attention to all that.

And as for the moderators too, since they would be forced to have a little more conscience and not put anyone as a moderator, lately they are more abusive, kick or ban for no reason, each moderator has their own rules, they don't even respect traffic and / or game laws.

All possible, with 3 exeptions:
1. - this is not a game, but a mod and a sub for non-official project is punishable by the "Terms of Use" law (in this case SCS may want a share);
2. - There are limited payment methods, because this is not a game or gam publisher.
3. - The in-game rules need more work. They are confusing at best as if made by a British person. 

4 minutes ago, Niuro_BG said:

1. - this is not a game, but a mod and a sub for non-official project is punishable by the "Terms of Use" law (in this case SCS may want a share);

1. - Creating mods for games is not punishable, there are mods for practically all games on the market with a medium-large community. Great games started out as MODs for other games, such as Counter-Strike and DayZ SA (To mention only 2).

10 minutes ago, Niuro_BG said:

2. - There are limited payment methods, because this is not a game or gam publisher.

2. - It's a mod, it's a service, they could charge for it. There are many paid mods, both for other games and for SCS games.

14 minutes ago, Niuro_BG said:

3. - The in-game rules need more work. They are confusing at best as if made by a British person. 

3.- In that I agree, it really seems that those who made the rules never drove in their lives, much less read the basics of road laws.

19 hours ago, Ceo22 said:

1. - Creating mods for games is not punishable, there are mods for practically all games on the market with a medium-large community. Great games started out as MODs for other games, such as Counter-Strike and DayZ SA (To mention only 2).

Just cos many doing it, doesn't make it legal :D It is "accepted", but not legal just cos of that. Just like with Music on Twitch... it was accepted a long time, and now not anymore, it was and is, just not legal.

There are many half-knowledged Informations in the web in communities, forums, chats, like "as long as it is free nobody can sue/charge you when creating mods for a game", which is just wrong. It depends for every game on different factors what is allowed and what not.

That's the same reason why (imo) TruckersMP doesn't have a VW, Audi or BMW as car in the game, or adding the very good Ford Truck Mod to TMP.

When TMP would start to charge for their service, you would have so many other problems to solve... you need to start up a company, you need lawyers, lawyers knowing the international differences cos the service is used "world wide". You need a good tax office, data protection office, protection of minors/youth protection, your "customers" (users) are then clients, not everyone is allowed to do such contracts depening on the countries laws, and so on... that is absolutely not as easy as it may sound in first hand.

If your are Epic Games with billions of $ cos of ventures and make even more money with a kid game like Fortnite, then it is quite easy to "ignore" such things cos u got enough money to pay other people to fight about international laws etc :P A community Project like TMP doesn't have, and will not that easily get such financial support, not even with charging their users to use the service.

And the most important point: It is the decision of TruckersMP what they do and what they don't do / realise... it is their project, and they're not running this for a few weeks, it is running for years ;) they know what they do and why they don't do some things suggested by the community.

7 hours ago, AnotherAlex said:

Just cos many doing it, doesn't make it legal :D It is "accepted", but not legal just cos of that. Just like with Music on Twitch... it was accepted a long time, and now not anymore, it was and is, just not legal.

There are many half-knowledged Informations in the web in communities, forums, chats, like "as long as it is free nobody can sue/charge you when creating mods for a game", which is just wrong. It depends for every game on different factors what is allowed and what not.

That's the same reason why (imo) TruckersMP doesn't have a VW, Audi or BMW as car in the game, or adding the very good Ford Truck Mod to TMP.

You are mixing very different things, on the one hand there is the one that is legal to make mods, on the other hand there is the copyright. Just like when you buy a car in real life, you can make modifications to it. The same thing happens with games. ETS2 and ATS support workshops, therefore it is completely legal to make modifications to the game. What you mention about incorporating brands of other trucks, that is already a legal problem, because they will have to pay for the rights to use the brand, in the same way that SCS does it by paying Volvo, Scania and others.

8 hours ago, AnotherAlex said:

When TMP would start to charge for their service, you would have so many other problems to solve... you need to start up a company, you need lawyers, lawyers knowing the international differences cos the service is used "world wide". You need a good tax office, data protection office, protection of minors/youth protection, your "customers" (users) are then clients, not everyone is allowed to do such contracts depening on the countries laws, and so on... that is absolutely not as easy as it may sound in first hand.

No, you went too far ...

8 hours ago, AnotherAlex said:

And the most important point: It is the decision of TruckersMP what they do and what they don't do / realise... it is their project, and they're not running this for a few weeks, it is running for years ;) they know what they do and why they don't do some things suggested by the community.

Exactly, they make and undo at will, it is their project, their mod and nobody can tell them anything. It is simply an advice that perhaps the community is giving them, since the games that really grow and come forward are those that listen to their community, SCS is a developer who knew how to listen and, within its possibilities, do what the community proposed. Something that marks a lot is that developers communicate with their community, listen to it, not only to know what they want, but to interact with it, share news, improvements, interact with people who publish bugs and more. I didn't really see many posts on this forum, but the few I did see, when someone publishes a TMP bug, they simply move it to a special state, and it is left open for community comments or closed. I didn't see the developers really involved with the community. I do not doubt in the effort that developers are making for this, I also know that it is not easy to fulfill a project like this (as a hobby) and in turn fulfill daily life. It is free, the decision is made by them, the community is generated based on the seriousness and importance that the developers give to the project, when the developers themselves begin to excuse themselves, for example saying "we cannot work without money" and then the community offers a solution to make it paid to the mod, or with subscriptions, and they put another excuse ... That is where the problems begin.

All I'm saying is just my point of view, as a developer and leader of various projects.

Well when you check the suggestions in the forums you also see Devs replying to them but i it is not really their job. Thats part of the Community & Project Management Management to reply on those things and talk with the Devs about them cos they are... "developing" :P

I'm leading a Development Department and every employee wants his money at the end of the month, and less than 10% of the customer contacts are directly with the devs, the contacts about bugs and feature are with me or my assistants. Then the things get discussed and internaly planned with the specific dev. Just when there are really critical bugs sometimes customers are in directly contact with a dev.

Suggestions also get accepted but ye, it takes a while till they get realised depending on who has to work on, what tasks are still open etc... when you say u r developer and leading "various projects" you know this... and TMP has just one core developer for main TMP Client, they are not really falling rom trees :D not even now with covid and some companies going bankrupt so more people available to "hire". And hire is the specific word. Cos when u as dev can decide between "oh a hobby project" and "oh a job for $$, then you chose the money giving job, most of them, not all...

TMP is a spare time project. Suggestions ok... Suggestions in changing their business plans and internal project coordination?... not rly in my opinion.

• Game Developer

I just want to remind that this thread is for the changelog and discussions about the 0.2.2.8.0 version of our client.

Please, do not jump on any assumptions just by the way how we communicate. Like in the last 6 years, we have worked on the version support since the first day and will eventually get to release it.

16 hours ago, Ceo22 said:

I didn't really see many posts on this forum, but the few I did see, when someone publishes a TMP bug, they simply move it to a special state, and it is left open for community comments or closed. I didn't see the developers really involved with the community.

The communication is done by the other departments of our team which actively communicate with us.
If you do not like how the current situation is handled, please, forward this feedback officially to our team: https://truckersmp.com/feedback

Anyway, this thread is now locked. Only changelogs will be posted here.

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1
  • Woah! 1

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

• mwl4 unfeatured and unpinned this topic