0.2.2.8.0 Released

ShawnCZek

^ Having a bit of patience won't hurt... If the 1.39 support update was going to be released now, there would be major issues in the Colorado DLC area in terms of non-collision zones in local companies, as well as certain sync issues. Also, another issue would be related to reworked lowbed trailers, which are different than ones from 1.38. During One Truck Family event there was similar issue to the one described here, since the game used fallback trailer with non-matching collision box. The issue lasted until one of the later updates, which made these trailers synced properly.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

2 hours ago, Niuro_BG said:

Where is the post with the progress info on 1.39? 
Are you going to repeat the same nonsense as for 1.38?
We are in no hurry, but your communication skills are no good either. You tend to jump the gun when someone acuses you of something, but the news team does a poor job in reallity. There is no info here or in YouTube. Get a grip people and do something useful this time.

come back in 1 month there may be some news

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • True Story 3

No idea why people are pushing for the 1.39. The patch notes were not really something you need to have in MP. It would only make more nonsense if people put them 3 heavy duty trailers in the back and cry when they get knocked over. XD Nah, just keep it flat. Maybe it will come faster, because it is small. ;)

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:10 PM, GGao said:

No idea why people are pushing for the 1.39.

Probably because Colorado is being released tomorrow and SCS has a habit of requiring the latest game version to use new DLC's, thereby forcing us all into single player in order to drive CO until the update comes out. It's a legitimate reason to want the update. While I don't blame the devs because they are volunteers and are doing a fine job, a little communication would help a lot.

• Thanks 1

@ruparaw, you can always use media player to play music - you don't have to use in-game media player for this task. Certain media players can also use different audio device than the default one for the playback while the game's media player is playing on whatever playback device you set in audio settings.

• Upvote 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

On 11/10/2020 at 5:10 AM, GGao said:

No idea why people are pushing for the 1.39. The patch notes were not really something you need to have in MP. It would only make more nonsense if people put them 3 heavy duty trailers in the back and cry when they get knocked over. XD Nah, just keep it flat. Maybe it will come faster, because it is small. ;)

I am pushing for 1.39 because i got new trailers and some jobs and km on them and i dont want to go back to 1.38 at this point and yea i had to test beta, mostly because new trailers, so going back is not an option but at this point i cant go forward in mp because there is no mp for me at the moment, that's why the pushing, plus maybe cuz of the map expansions, they bring more players to one part of the map which makes the game more fun for a while. Now the timing is really bad again and people will skip Colorado and go to Iberia instead, which is awesome for ETS but really bad for ATS, the same happened last year.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, Niuro_BG said:

Forget Colorado, no one is buying it yet.

Funny how it was Steam's #1 best selling title for several hours on the day it was released.....

But yes, TMP's media team has been absolutely abhorrent about keeping the players updated on development.  I want to subscribe to TMP's Patreon, but I will not until they get the updates under control.  I don't know how they are going to do that, maybe figuring out how to partner with SCS, or hiring a full-time developer, but once update times are measured in hours or even days instead of months, then I will absolutely become a patron.  Until then, I'll stick with single player and jump on TMP during the rare times it's on the same version as ATS.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

@HAR_Sabre, your phrases "hiring a full-time developer" and "then I will absolutely become a patron" contradict to each other. How we should pay a full-time developer when we don't have a stable source of income (including Patreon). As of now, Patreon income can't cover even a single full-time C++ developer. Nobody will work full day at a loss.

9 hours ago, HAR_Sabre said:

jump on TMP during the rare times it's on the same version as ATS

That's an exaggeration. We support the latest versions for a most of their lifespan, including the time after a new version release. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mike0828 said:

May I be so bold as to ask why SCS is not hosting their own Multiplayer servers? I am sure TruckerMP are doing the best they can so maybe we need to leave them alone and thank them for what has been given to use free of charge. ?

Sarcasm?...

SCS already told they won't work an a multiplayer solution cos they are working on content for the games.

There were also other Projects trying to realise ETS/ATS Multiplayer Solutions, but all abandoned and/or discontinued their work. I know 4 Projects that didn't made it to a working version. 

So we should be more thankful that TruckersMP is still running and get supported by people, and the team doesn't stop their work cos of some crying kids that have not nearly any knowledge about how hard it is, to run a project like this with an international community this big, so many problems in development, FOR FREE....

So i am still at the point: Shut up and take my (patreon) money  ;)

9 hours ago, AnotherAlex said:

Sarcasm?...

Entirely unnecessary response.

SCS already told they won't work an a multiplayer solution cos they are working on content for the games.

Which is fantastic. We have TruckersMP. It works just fine most of the time. Let SCS continue making map expansions for the remaining 41 states we’d like to drive. 

So we should be more thankful that TruckersMP is still running and get supported by people, and the team doesn't stop their work cos of some crying kids that have not nearly any knowledge about how hard it is, to run a project like this with an international community this big, so many problems in development, FOR FREE....

This is the back and forth that’s getting annoying.

Person 1: I understand how hard it is for the devs to do these updates in their free time but I really wish they’d at least communicate more.

Person 2: Stop complaining! You’re so ungrateful! You don’t understand how hard it is for the devs to do this in their free time!

We get that its hard to do the updates. But its not hard to make a forum post. 

“We see there is a new update and we understand you’re all excited to use the new version in multiplayer, but unfortunately SCS made changes to the *insert changes here* and as a result we anticipate the update will take at least a few months to complete. We appreciate your patience with us”

That alone would make a big difference but they’d rather be silent for whatever reason. It doesn’t have to be complicated. The expected timeline doesn’t have to be exact every time. We understand setbacks happen. But at the same time, with all due respect, we just had one of the devs respond to a post that commented on a lack of communication, and his response addressed everything in the original post except the comment about communication. 

We’re not asking for all the answers right now or demanding an immediate release, we’re just asking to know whats going on.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, CJMAXiK said:

@HAR_Sabre, your phrases "hiring a full-time developer" and "then I will absolutely become a patron" contradict to each other. How we should pay a full-time developer when we don't have a stable source of income (including Patreon). As of now, Patreon income can't cover even a single full-time C++ developer. Nobody will work full day at a loss.

So I'm supposed to pay for a service I'm not reliably receiving?  To be fair, I understand your point and I don't disagree with you, but as a business owner, I remember how I started.  I didn't have a guaranteed stable source of income, I had to build the business and sell my services before the income started coming in.  I'm in the high-end hospitality laundry industry.  If I had weeks-long gaps in my service multiple times per year, I'd go out of business quickly. 

And yes, my last statement was an exaggeration.  You guys do a great job overall with the multiplayer mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GGao said:

And part time would not be an option?

We are working on TruckersMP in part time already. What should it change?

13 hours ago, Flilex said:

“We see there is a new update and we understand you’re all excited to use the new version in multiplayer, but unfortunately SCS made changes to the *insert changes here* and as a result we anticipate the update will take at least a few months to complete. We appreciate your patience with us”

It is more complicated than just a list of changes. First, we need to dig through a disassembled code to find those changes. It is more than a task. Also, I don't think we can communicate most of the changes with users since they are too technical and specific to the enginlockquote widget

Edited by CJMAXiK
Removing a false statement
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1