Has anyone elses sound gone awful?

marykmark2000

I have just been playing ETS2MP and the sound has gone dismal. I can't hear the truck braking, the horn sounds are delayed and other trucks having malfunctions stop my own trucks sound. I have had this issue for the past month and today reminded me exactly why I stopped playing ETS2MP. Such a bad experience compared to before. I have made no changes to my game sounds in the past few years and nor have I made changes to my computer. It is clearly an update that has done it. 

Anyone else had these issues and if so, are they still ongoing?

Hello there!

We have to wait until the developers fixes this bug.
Bug usually occur in places with large populations. Or not.

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

22 hours ago, marykmark2000 said:

I should note that I had this issue in areas without lots of trucks. It was in the middle of nowhere with only 1 or 2 other trucks close be (but not directly close to me, I couldn't physically see them but they would have been in the 'tab' nearby players list. 

Is this a SCS issue or TruckersMP issue?

Technically it's sort of both.... but since SCS doesn't care about multiplayer, it is unfortunately strictly TMP's job of trying to work around it or fix it. SCS does not design anything in the game with multiplayer in-mind, so they're not going to fix the limitation causing the broken sounds in multiplayer. This is also the reason TMP won't be able to fix the problem anytime soon (they already said it won't be fixed in the 1.38 TMP update). Essentially they'll have to develop a whole new module of the game code to fix it.

As for why you got the issue without lots of trucks - I can't answer that. But I do know as soon as you see other players in the tab menu certain things are detected/technically being portrayed in the game for those trucks, even without them being graphically rendered. I suppose it is possible that technically speaking the game can "hear" those players already even if you can't. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived