Concert Nostalgia

davidd.

With COVID-19 putting a halt on almost everything, including our beloved concerts, I want to start a discussion on them! There's nothing I want to specifically know about your relationship with concerts, so feel free to reply with anything you like, related to the topic. For example, you can talk about concerts you've been to, your concert bucket list, or your favourite concert. 

Recently, Sam Fender was the first to hold a socially-distanced concert in the UK, where each group of ticket-holders had their own podium to enjoy the experience on. This was a far better than The Chainsmokers attempt, back in July, to say the least. It's a pity festival season is almost over, as I believe more events of Fender's kind could have been a success, provided all health guidelines were still being met. Here's to hoping we won't be standing on any podiums at concerts next summer, eh?

Personally, I love concerts. It's one of the only times where I can really appreciate an artist and their musical talent. Having only been to my first concert in 2018, I've seen many artists live since then, including:

• Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (x2)
  • Blossoms (x3)
  • Lily Allen
  • Liam Gallagher (x2)
  • Ariana Grande
  • Twenty One Pilots
  • Gerry Cinnamon

I can't pinpoint my favourite concert, as they're incomparable to each other, due to how different each artist is, and how much their concerts varied in uniqueness; however, my most memorable concert was definitely Ariana Grande— where I nearly fainted due to not eating for the entire day, and had to sacrifice my second row spot, in order to get lifted over the barrier and not embarrass myself by collapsing. I managed to endure the two support acts before that, though. I ended up spending the entirety of Grande's concert at the back of the arena. I still deeply regret my decisions that day, but I hope to redeem myself next time she comes to Dublin! Despite my dramatics, she is an amazing performer and singer, who I would absolutely love to see again.

The last concert I went to was Blossoms' Dublin date at the Olympia Theatre, on March 4th 2020— just over a week before schools shut over here due to the pandemic. I was due to see Twenty One Pilots again in June; however, that obviously couldn't happen. I recently bought tickets for Declan McKenna's Dublin date in April 2021, and I am really looking forward to it! I've been a long-time fan of his, and I can't wait to see him live, so fingers crossed it is able to go ahead.

Finally, I would like to state that, although some of us are upset with certain things being cancelled, such as concerts, this is not the topic for you to express any views or conspiracies you may have on the virus or pandemic itself. It is simply a topic for all of us to share our passion for music and our love for concerts.

I look forward to reading your stories and thoughts! ?

ioJopO8.jpg

My first 'unofficial' concert was headlined by Eminem unofficial because l wasnt actually at the concert grounds but the concert was right beside where I was working at the time so l was able to see it without having to go

My first official concert was headlined by Tiesto, Clean Bandit and Robin Schulz among others which was near the end of August and was a great way to end off the Summer

One concert that I missed that I wished I could of attended was the Dropkick Murphys playing in Dublin in 2019 for St Patricks Day but had to work (still had them playing in the background)

And one concert that is on my bucket list is to see Chase & Status live whether its a solo concert or a festival as they always bring a great atmosphere to their shows going by youtube videos of live concerts they always get the crowd hyped up

1 hour ago, CiaranOg78 said:

My first 'unofficial' concert was headlined by Eminem unofficial because l wasnt actually at the concert grounds but the concert was right beside where I was working at the time so l was able to see it without having to go

My first official concert was headlined by Tiesto, Clean Bandit and Robin Schulz among others which was near the end of August and was a great way to end off the Summer

One concert that I missed that I wished I could of attended was the Dropkick Murphys playing in Dublin in 2019 for St Patricks Day but had to work (still had them playing in the background)

And one concert that is on my bucket list is to see Chase & Status live whether its a solo concert or a festival as they always bring a great atmosphere to their shows going by youtube videos of live concerts they always get the crowd hyped up

@CiaranOg78:

That's definitely one way of getting to see (or, at least, hear) an artist live for free! I remember Ed Sheeran was playing in Phoenix Park, Dublin, and when the wind blew in just the right direction, I could hear the concert! So, I did what any sane person would do when they can hear Ed Sheeran play outside, and shut the windows.

I'm always a fan of concerts with multiple big artists playing. It's like a mini festival! I remember I saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds live, and Blossoms were the support act— so it was two concerts for the price of one. I'm aware support acts are very common, but when you actually know and like the support act, it's the best thing!

I can't say I've heard of the final two artists, but I hope you'll be able to live your dream and see them live soon! 

ioJopO8.jpg

I've only been to one concert in my life. It's cringe worthy, but I went to a Big Time Rush concert as a kid. My sister was going with her friend, and I was allowed to go, so I went. We had spots in the grass area at first, but then my dad managed to find some empty seats under the roof and allowed us to sit there. It was fun, I think. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember much about it.

1 hour ago, povgamer said:

I've only been to one concert in my life. It's cringe worthy, but I went to a Big Time Rush concert as a kid. My sister was going with her friend, and I was allowed to go, so I went. We had spots in the grass area at first, but then my dad managed to find some empty seats under the roof and allowed us to sit there. It was fun, I think. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember much about it.

@povgamer:

That's definitely a unique one! I never even thought Big Time Rush went on tour? I'm aware the Glee cast did, but I don't think I ever heard of the Big Time Rush one. Definitely wasn't my favourite show as a child, I was more of a Victorious and iCarly child haha! Maybe your next concert will be by an artist you like today.

ioJopO8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @davidd.

I would like to inform you that your topic has been inactive for more than 14 days, so I am closing it and moving it to the Archive so that the topics are active by the community.

If you have any questions or want to restore the topic, please contact me.

// Locked and moved to Archive

gyhpuYu.png

Archived