what skins can other truckers see , even if they do not own them?

HighGrade

example i have had my "Crystal Dimension" skin on for the whole time ive been playing , i bought it from the steam market. but just the other day by buddy dropped a bombshell on me and told me my truck has been plain white this whole time...... kinda devastated  lol....

so is this just on his end or every player has my truck as default as well? i really hope not , if this is the case can someone let me know what skins people can see without them owning said skin/dlc? thanks! :)165707298_1(1).thumb.jpg.a34e6da627ad2f2a6a9532719e0e07c4.jpg

Other players can't see DLC paintjobs or steam inventory paintjobs, if they don't own them, same goes for any other truck part.

You can filter content in the truck configurator menu, there's a button at the top, next to search field, every item added by dlc has corresponding icon next to it, steam inventory items are marked by steam logo.

Filter only "Euro Truck Simulator 2 Content", that's what everybody can see without owning anything else, but bas game.

I have felt for a long time that players should be able to see all paint schemes, even ones they do not own. Even if the could find a way to code that I imagine that it would place a burden on the servers trying to render all those paint schemes.

Perhaps one day this will be figured out (maybe SCS can make it so that all paint schemes are visible, but the use of them requires the DLC). The one I imagine we will never see is the ability to use company skins in TMP ?

@usafirepix It would be probably easy for TMP to do that, all the paintjobs are already supported anyway, rendering issues depend on end-user hardware, but they won't do that, simply cause it would be illegal.

If SCS ever develops some form of official multiplayer (there have been hints though), and changes this system, things are going to stay as they are.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:28 AM, Granite said:

@usafirepix It would be probably easy for TMP to do that, all the paintjobs are already supported anyway, rendering issues depend on end-user hardware, but they won't do that, simply cause it would be illegal.

If SCS ever develops some form of official multiplayer (there have been hints though), and changes this system, things are going to stay as they are.

This was the other complicating factor indeed, I just was not gonna mention it. SCS ultimately controls who can see what paint schemes (which are technically their property even if you buy the DLC) so yeah that would be a very sticky situation to get into.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived