G920 steering turns stiff after each job?

CRugman

Question

Hello all,

I use a Logitech G920 w/ Shifter for this. Since yesterday, every time I finish a job, repair my truck or anything similar, my steering wheel suddenly turns stiff and very hard to turn. The only fix is quitting the game and restarting it every time I do something

I have tried resetting the controls and also different USB ports.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hello @CRugman!

Have you tried to turn on the Force feedback Setting?

This setting is under Options > Controls; it allows you to set your own steering wheel stiffness, gain, and other settings to your own liking.

Of course you don't need to turn on Force Feedback, but it might fix your issue.

If this fixed your issue, let us know :) 

Kind regards, 

Chris Kodiak

3 hours ago, Chris Kodiak said:

Hello @CRugman!

Have you tried to turn on the Force feedback Setting?

This setting is under Options > Controls; it allows you to set your own steering wheel stiffness, gain, and other settings to your own liking.

Of course you don't need to turn on Force Feedback, but it might fix your issue.

If this fixed your issue, let us know :) 

Kind regards, 

Chris Kodiak

Hi, thank you for the response. Force feedback is already on, and I have set my own settings already and have done for the past year or so, but for some reason lately I'm having the issue where it resets and stiffens up. Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Nigthwish said:

Hello @CRugman,

Do you have drivers installed? If you can't download them here
if you have them you can watch this video and compare the settings.

I hope this helps you. If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask them here :wub:

Hey! Thanks for the response. I have the latest drivers installed but I'll check the video to see if there's anything I've missed. As I stated before, though, the problem has never happened before and has just started to happen.

Thanks again!

Hey there,

I hope you are having a good day. 

I have G29 personally and sometimes finds this happens in numerous games where the force feedback was turned off completely. If you turn it on, but on the lowest level, this problem should solve permanently, as the wheel now has data regarding what to do with the motors inside. Otherwise, it just goes stiff as default.

I hope this helps.

Kindly,
Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support

Hi there,

One possibility may be that after a job your ignition turns off. When this happens, the wheel will become extremely stiff as the power steering is disabled. The way to fix this is to restart the engine by depressing the clutch and then the accelerator, or by turning on the ignition by pressing the key you have mapped to it (e or = by default).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Quality_Productions

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM our support team members, we will open this again.

Thanks to all for participation!

Kind Regards,
Krisi1051
TruckersMP - Support

//locked and moved to Inactive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

Hello There,  

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

SkortiL [TR]

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team