More Vehicles Integration

Hyperfinity

Hello!

If you have played vanilla ETS2, then you know that the types of AI vehicles are very diverse. They range from buses, to vans, to different cars. I was wondering if these vehicles could possibly be integrated into TruckersMP, the same way the Scout car was. The Scout car has a use thanks to caravans, and I am sure a use could be found for other vehicles too. Plus, the game files probably have the models of the AI vehicles already, so that makes the job a lot easier. It would be really cool to have the option to drive a bus or a van as well, with its specific jobs.

I was just wondering if this was possible. What do you think?

spacer.png

It is indeed possible, but a lot of work at the same time too.

Some extra vehicles are added in for real operations events. but i don't know if those would be in an usable state for the whole multiplayer.

So yeah, it is indeed possible that they will implement more things, but it probably will take a while. 

You could also make a suggestion about it, but look out first if there is this kind of suggestion already if you do so ;)

Best Regards

Zysto

Have a nice day!

This has been already suggested and rejected many times. If this si suggestion, it's in the wrong section.

I don't think this would be really beneficial.

First, it took about a year to develop just the scout car, second, we don't need large number of different cars, which would bring tons of bugs, increase download size and slow down updates even more.

AI vehicles are different from player vehicles, they are missing lots of things appart from interiors, and the vehicles that event team uses in real operations events are not available to public, probably for a good reason.

I admitt, buses could fit in the game, they are just different type of commercial vehicles, but all bus/coach mods I have seen were not really great, or outright horrible.

SCS actually used to work on drivable coaches, but last public update on that project was from early 2013. Maybe they have not completely abandoned the idea, since they keep adding purposeless bus stations in every new map expansion.

Even just having the scout has been problematic. Since they aren't meant to be driven by the player, the way their physics work literally knocks the trucks out of the way like they are paper weight. So as far as the game is concerned, a player driving a scout has more physical power than a player driving a truck. Very annoying. Especially considering the scouts drive like they have atari controls so they are already swervy on the roads, nevermind when a bad driver gets behind the wheel of one. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to disagree. The scout is very popular with many people (not just trolls) and it undoubtedly adds to the realism, making the roads feel more realistic, instead of just having trucks on the road. In regards to its physics, they may be slightly unrealistic at times, however if you stick to the speed limit and drive in a safe and defensive fashion, they should be easy to keep under control.

I personally think additional vehicles would be great although I understand that FMOD has caused a lot of issues and bugs, even with existing vehicles such as the Scout.

Regards,

Quality_Productions

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

I fully agree. ^

1 minute ago, quality_productions said:

I would have to disagree. The scout is very popular with many people (not just trolls) and it undoubtedly adds to the realism, making the roads feel more realistic, instead of just having trucks on the road. In regards to its physics, they may be slightly unrealistic at times, however if you stick to the speed limit and drive in a safe and defensive fashion, they should be easy to keep under control.

I personally think additional vehicles would be great although I understand that FMOD has caused a lot of issues and bugs, even with existing vehicles such as the Scout.

Regards,

Quality_Productions

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 1:47 AM, MadCowTransport said:

Even just having the scout has been problematic. Since they aren't meant to be driven by the player, the way their physics work literally knocks the trucks out of the way like they are paper weight. So as far as the game is concerned, a player driving a scout has more physical power than a player driving a truck. Very annoying. Especially considering the scouts drive like they have atari controls so they are already swervy on the roads, nevermind when a bad driver gets behind the wheel of one. 

thats why trolls use them first place  

and thats why they should be removed again  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived