Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

VR Support

TombaDude

Suggestion Name: VR Support

Suggestion Description: A support for playing the game in Virtual Reality. The game itself has the support but the multiplayer does not. It wouldn't bother if some menus etc wouldn't be fully supported etc. as long as the driving could be done in VR. Now if I try to play multiplayer in VR it says unsupported version, because the VR version of the game has slightly different version number than the non VR version.

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: I stopped playing multiplayer since I bought VR headset. Once you go VR in this game, there's just no going back. I still miss playing multiplayer tho.

• Upvote 7

• 10 months later...
  • Game Developer

At this moment, we are not planning on adding the support for the VR. The VR is still in a different branch meaning it is not yet fully ready.

This introduces multiple issues such as:

1. The necessarity to support additional binaries of the game.
  2. Providing different versions of the client for this branch.
  3. The main and the VR branches might contain different game data and/or features.

Additionally, to actually provide a full support, we would have to own a VR headset, too.

I hope you can understand this.

Rejected.

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer