1.38 Development Update

Digital

8 minutes ago, s0b1er said:

Open the source and let the community help. it's full of programmers and people who are experts in reverse engineering, which is what is needed to program the mod.

I know it is complex to deal with this because mwl4 has to open IDA PRO to find the correct code and translate it to the mod.

I know that most here have no idea how complex and boring it is to do this. it takes a huge time. I know this because I work safely and I also do these shits.

What is so special about this code that it cannot be shared?

There are no plans for TruckersMP to become an open source project. If someone has the know-how required, they can contact us to become a Developer. Unfortunately, there are not many people out there with sufficient knowledge, tools, skills, experience etc.

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, mwl4 said:

More read here: http://ce.eng.usc.ac.ir/files/1511334027376.pdf Especially section 1.6.14 Online Multiplayer/Networking

Singleplayer games are already hard to create. Multiplayer additionally must serve gameplay with replicated objects with possible high latency, you need to take care of backend & security, etc. etc.

I have seen something about hiring somebody full-time to do TruckersMP. So keep in mind what I wrote in previous paragraph + we need someone who knows C++ (very very good) / Assembler (good) / Reverse Engineering (very good) / Game Engines overall / Specific Systems - Gameplay & Replication deeply. Finding someone with that knowledge in ETS2 environment / simulation game is really very hard. First problem is that somebody with that knowledge usually goes working to big companies as they pay quite good, and provide good working conditions. Or such person just starts his own business as he knows what he does.

Though situation is better now. We have ShawnCZek now, who is able to write some game code. And we have now stable solutions in terms of cowork on the same project. Standard DevOps is set on TruckersMP which makes simpler making experimental builds, code is build everytime when pushed to repository, we have full pipeline.

And last thing is my job at CD Projekt RED. I started my job in February 2019. Consider this: we started Patreon in October 2019. Before Patreon my only income from TruckersMP were advertisements. And that wasn't good income. Now with Patreon it is better, but I work on this project already 7 years. If Patreon income will be constant/rising then I can think of getting back to TruckersMP full time. But for now it must stay as it is. I cannot just leave my current job for now.

Open the project and make it open-source, FiveM had the same problem and after it went to github thousands of developers started to help and it evolved in such a way that it surpassed the original game.

Go for it I have been in this IT area for over 25 years and sharing information is the secret of the business. I bet that many experienced programmers will appear as it was in the FiveM Project (GTA5 Framework) (CitizenFX).

Go for me buddy, it's time for everyone to help build this mod @mwl4

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Digital said:

There are no plans for TruckersMP to become an open source project. If someone has the know-how required, they can contact us to become a Developer. Unfortunately, there are not many people out there with sufficient knowledge, tools, skills, experience etc.

More than justifying that the project cannot be open-source since it does not have any code that would legally compromise the team.

I don't think you will find a resource of the caliber of @ mwl4 anytime soon. We know that it is very difficult, so the idea of opening up so that several people can work in a specific part of the project arose.

24 minutes ago, s0b1er said:

More than justifying that the project cannot be open-source since it does not have any code that would legally compromise the team.

I don't think you will find a resource of the caliber of @ mwl4 anytime soon. We know that it is very difficult, so the idea of opening up so that several people can work in a specific part of the project arose.

Wrong, if they released the source code they would face prison....People seem to forget that its a reverse engineered mod & that in itself is illegal! The fact SCS have an agreement with TMP ( They hired the original founder of the mod who has since left SCS ) instead of suing which at the time would have bankrupted the company. 

3 minutes ago, Digital said:

⚠️ 1.38 Development Update - Testing In Progress ⚠️

We have some exciting news, as we are happy to confirm our developers has made significant progress in the 1.38 porting process. We have now reached the testing stage! This means our team of 180+ will be running the latest build of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator (1.38) to check for bugs, and reporting them to the developers.

Depending on the outcome of testing, the community can expect a release very, very soon. Stay tuned for more information. ?

SCS releases 1.39 beta :troll:, TMP reaction ? ( its likely gonna be the same as they have recorded new sounds for the environment ) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Digital said:

We have some exciting news, as we are happy to confirm our developers has made significant progress in the 1.38 porting process. We have now reached the testing stage! This means our team of 180+ will be running the latest build of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator (1.38) to check for bugs, and reporting them to the developers.

Depending on the outcome of testing, the community can expect a release very, very soon. Stay tuned for more information. ?

Great news, Thanks for the update digital. I can't wait to see when it is out

2 hours ago, Digital said:

We are aware of the ProMods update and will aim to support it shortly after our 1.38 support update, if not along with it in the initial update. :) 

3 hours ago, Digital said:

Well, that sounds great ?

Thx

BigBahamut

• Woah! 1

I also think the open source idea is a great idea! mwl4 could then devote itself to other things and would then only need to coordinate with other developers.
Updates would come more quickly and new features could also be developed. Everything would just be more dynamic.

And last but not least, the project would be safer than it is now and it would not always be one step before the abyss.

What speaks against it?

56 minutes ago, Truckmau5 said:

I also think the open source idea is a great idea! mwl4 could then devote itself to other things and would then only need to coordinate with other developers.
Updates would come more quickly and new features could also be developed. Everything would just be more dynamic.

And last but not least, the project would be safer than it is now and it would not always be one step before the abyss.

What speaks against it?

You fail to understand.

if they released the source code they would face prison....People seem to forget that its a reverse engineered mod & that in itself is illegal! The fact SCS have an agreement with TMP ( They hired the original founder of the mod who has since left SCS ) instead of suing which at the time would have bankrupted the company. 

12 minutes ago, WNxArcticwolf said:

You fail to understand.

if they released the source code they would face prison....People seem to forget that its a reverse engineered mod & that in itself is illegal! The fact SCS have an agreement with TMP ( They hired the original founder of the mod who has since left SCS ) instead of suing which at the time would have bankrupted the company. 

Pretty sure that SCS are working on there own multiplayer like TruckersMP as well

As far as I know it is not illegal to do software reverse engineering (at least the way we need it) in most countries. We don't completely replicate ETS2 and then sell the product, we just expand it and don't earn any money with it.
But I'm not a lawyer either.

Otherwise we would be back to the first old topic: agreements with SCS. It must be possible to talk to the company. After all, they earn a lot of money through us. Either by providing a legal interface for us or at least by allowing reverse engineering.

5 hours ago, Digital said:

Once again @Digital, thanks for the ongoing updates. 
Looking forward to getting back into back online.

Hopefully there aren't too many bugs and we can get a release ASAP as I certainly know a few drivers are getting itchy feet to get back online.

1 hour ago, Kieran Cutforth said:

Once again @Digital, thanks for the ongoing updates. 
Looking forward to getting back into back online.

Hopefully there aren't too many bugs and we can get a release ASAP as I certainly know a few drivers are getting itchy feet to get back online.

I am also hoping there isn't too many bugs neither.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Digital said:

it took a year to do, congratulations.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Truckmau5 said:

What speaks against it?

1) It doesn't mean updates would come quickly

2) With reverse engineering as a core development process, you need to be aware of the whole operation before you even touch the code.

3) I guess, we can open-source the network code, but it won't help us to make core code updates quicker.

4) Open-source code can open many ways to cheat, since the code is visible, including its weak points.

5) mwl4 is still a maintainer of the project, so he would need to review and approve every single merge request from open-source project. It is still time-consuming.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

6 hours ago, WNxArcticwolf said:

You fail to understand.

You literally copied my comment didn't you! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RICKY9618 said:

Estou ansioso  para essa nova Actualização. 

Mas para quando? Ja vamos a dia 10 de Setembro e ainda nao saiu.

Ja andasse a falar da 1.39......

Bolas, mas ca esperamos por essa Actualização. 

From what I understand from this comment, it translates too.

I look forward to this new update.
But when? We are already going to the 10th of September and it still hasn't come out.
Already talking about 1.39 ......
But, we are still waiting for the update.

6 hours ago, CJMAXiK said:

1) It doesn't mean updates would come quickly

2) With reverse engineering as a core development process, you need to be aware of the whole operation before you even touch the code.

3) I guess, we can open-source the network code, but it won't help us to make core code updates quicker.

4) Open-source code can open many ways to cheat, since the code is visible, including its weak points.

5) mwl4 is still a maintainer of the project, so he would need to review and approve every single merge request from open-source project. It is still time-consuming.

Do the same as iracing did an i am a part of there program. you sign a release that clearly says you cant speak or stream or share anything thats in the codes. meaning what you see while you test and help you cant share any info about it or you will be banned for life. when Iracing started this few years back it helped them a ton. updates did not come out faster but the product was alot better more smooth then it was before. i love being on it. so you cant never say no. just make sure you guys pick the right players to help dont just pick some random people. make a sign up forum and pick a few guys to help yall out. you might be surpised who signs up and who can help. i wouldt et the codes out to anyone and everyone. just be smart on who you give it out too and ask them to sign a release.  

• HaulieLove 1

Hello Thank you to all the developers.I hope a new update will come after a very short time.?Good evening everyone.

Best regards 

Simülasyon _STANBUL

Saygılarımla,

Simülasyon _STANBUL

• Thanks 1