1.38 Development Update

Digital

2 hours ago, EHHVTC l SlammedKing said:

At least you guys are working hard to get 1.38 out to the players. to be honest wouldnt it be better if you guys wait for 1.39 or 1.40 updates ..

That's a valid point & what i'm beginning to wonder, time it comes out 1.39 posts are likely to surface along with the map dlc! Thing is no one knows what will be in them & then its a few weeks of the open beta before outs out so we are talking November time or late October...So depending on whats in it 1.38 is better than nothing.

Edit: Just seen the latest SCS Blog post & it looks like we will possibly be in the same boat with future updates ( Iberia Sound Recording Trip ) which they said will be new samples used in the upcoming dlcs! 

10 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

That's a valid point & what i'm beginning to wonder, time it comes out 1.39 posts are likely to surface along with the map dlc! Thing is no one knows what will be in them & then its a few weeks of the open beta before outs out so we are talking November time or late October...So depending on whats in it 1.38 is better than nothing.

Edit: Just seen the latest SCS Blog post & it looks like we will possibly be in the same boat with future updates ( Iberia Sound Recording Trip ) which they said will be new samples used in the upcoming dlcs! 

Well Hopefully they will know what to do next time. 

Hello everyone,

The update to 1.38 is taking a while, this is a fact. As a community we must be more patient and understand the context, a good part of us understand practically nothing about codes and certainly would not be able to point out quicker ways for this update to arrive. Everyone here or at least a good part has tasks out of the game, this also reflects the support, development team (...) pressing on will not help much but will create even more excitement. It's frustrating, I know, but there's nothing else we can do but wait for things to be done correctly, after all, we don't want a flawed environment.

Thank you very much to the entire team engaged in the project, I cannot help with the codes but I send positive energy here.

Peace and good

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9165.jpg?_1617464260

Hi everyone I just want to just say I am extremely happy with this mod,  and I don't plan on giving up on you guys.  I have been enjoying the mod since day one and can not believe how far it has come.  You guys take how ever long it takes to get this mod right,  I have been patiently waiting.  As most of you guys have said it will come when it comes.  

Keep it up guys and don't give up.

Thanks for everything

Josh

Hello everyone.

Since i bought ETS 2 back in April 2020, i always got myself some interest to play TMP alot. i still remember how i struggle to drive with other people because of my high ping. But TMP is just cool to play and i love the community aswell. so the 1.38 support update is really worth to wait. I can wait even longer for the update because i really dont mind. i can be patient to wait for the update.

So yeah, thanks for everything. Dont give up guys!

(sorry for my bad english but yeah lol)

• Upvote 1

I want to say to the players who have been waiting to update 1.38, please give the developer team enough time, because this is not a very simple thing, and I hope that the developer will handle version 1.38 best. So as to give us the best experience. Therefore, please wait patiently. Besides, 1.37 is also very good. Finally, thanks to every member of TMP team, you will be the hardest, and I will always support you. It is our duty to sponsor you. Thank you

On 9/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, mwl4 said:

So let me explain a bit.

First of all, support for 1.38 takes so long because in the engine of ETS2/ATS huge changes have been made. Basically SCS merged two modules of their engine into one. Though I am on good way of getting support done within few days I think.

Switching from 1.37 to 1.38 in multiplayer sounds really easy for someone who just plays this game. It is only switching two numbers, right? But:

TruckersMP project has really tough architecture bases. We read and write data(memory) from/to engine. In order to be able to do that we need to have proper memory layout defined in our code. Since we do not have access to source code of the game, we need to kinda duplicate how it looks in source code at SCS. Though that is not easy task if you don't have direct access to that code. Really often it must be done by Reverse Engineering. You look at compiled source code, and trying to understand what it does, what it modifies, what it reads, etc. You can also guess basing on given data what are given variables (what are their names, what they mean). And you need to be very very precise in guessing. Any mismatch in data layout might lead to game crash. 

Also to make everything a bit simpler we use already defined functions which operate on data from the game. Though you must be very precise in terms of what data you put as parameters to such functions. Again any mismatch may lead to game crash, and it might be crash that is hard to trace. Because for example it is memory stomp (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_corruption). And there is really nothing you can do about it. Only getting PDB (debug symbols) file from SCS or source code access could speed up porting process. There is huge field to do in terms of ensuring many things on our side, but this will only help us with stability. If SCS changes code, then always we need to adjust our code to follow changes.

So only that part makes development hard (working with prism engine). But consider this: SCS Software has full access to source code, and they haven't built multiplayer yet. Why? That is second part of the problem: engine & gameplay & network programming.

To provide good mulitplayer you need to prepare stable systems. It is not really only about writing code. You need to provide design of systems - communication between systems - you need to couple somehow rendering, physics, gameplay, replication, sounds, AI, animations, vehicles simulation and more. 

game_systems.png

More read here: http://ce.eng.usc.ac.ir/files/1511334027376.pdf Especially section 1.6.14 Online Multiplayer/Networking

Singleplayer games are already hard to create. Multiplayer additionally must serve gameplay with replicated objects with possible high latency, you need to take care of backend & security, etc. etc.

I have seen something about hiring somebody full-time to do TruckersMP. So keep in mind what I wrote in previous paragraph + we need someone who knows C++ (very very good) / Assembler (good) / Reverse Engineering (very good) / Game Engines overall / Specific Systems - Gameplay & Replication deeply. Finding someone with that knowledge in ETS2 environment / simulation game is really very hard. First problem is that somebody with that knowledge usually goes working to big companies as they pay quite good, and provide good working conditions. Or such person just starts his own business as he knows what he does.

Though situation is better now. We have ShawnCZek now, who is able to write some game code. And we have now stable solutions in terms of cowork on the same project. Standard DevOps is set on TruckersMP which makes simpler making experimental builds, code is build everytime when pushed to repository, we have full pipeline.

And last thing is my job at CD Projekt RED. I started my job in February 2019. Consider this: we started Patreon in October 2019. Before Patreon my only income from TruckersMP were advertisements. And that wasn't good income. Now with Patreon it is better, but I work on this project already 7 years. If Patreon income will be constant/rising then I can think of getting back to TruckersMP full time. But for now it must stay as it is. I cannot just leave my current job for now.

???His is really admirable, it is known that it is not easy and that this takes time and above all a lot of work, many hours.
As you rightly mention, people think it is simple, that they don't do it because they don't want to, but I, personally I, value this work and its effort.

So all my support and patience for the development team.

I can play with the 1.37, the rest... will come when I have to come. 

Have a good weekend.?

• Upvote 1

LEITO-FORO.png

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛᴇ ᴅᴇ ᴊᴜɢᴀᴅᴏʀᴇꜱ: https://truckersmp.com/reports

ᴀᴘᴇʟᴀᴄɪóɴ ᴅᴇ ʙᴀɴꜱ : https://truckersmp.com/appeals

ʀᴇɢʟᴀꜱ ᴅᴇʟ ᴊᴜᴇɢᴏ: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/82688-truckersmp-rules-spanish-reglas-de-truckersmp-español-05082020/

1 hour ago, Treta (BR) said:

we are almost in the middle of the month and so far nothing to update the game to a new version what they said it was going to be for the beginning of the month, because it is already easier not to update to version 1.38 but to version 1.39 or 1.40

They said they would only aim to release within that set time. Besides, it wouldn’t be easier to work on another version like 1.39 or 1.40 as SCS always adds new things into their game, making it impossible for TruckersMP to already work on it, in order to skip time. 

My highest respect goes to the development team, though I believe they cannot look into the future. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Treta (BR) said:

we are almost in the middle of the month and so far nothing to update the game to a new version what they said it was going to be for the beginning of the month, because it is already easier not to update to version 1.38 but to version 1.39 or 1.40

Is seriously? USE YOUR EYES read the information and then give your opinion. It was already made very clear that it would take at least two more weeks, so your answer does not make sense.
The update will be when it should be and not before. Pressing through the forum will not make things go any faster.

Hey! mwl4 said he is working on it and will be available soon. Hell, it sounds like that cheeky and brazen "bot" person I don't like...
What I mean is that 1.38 will be made, because the TMP team woke up from their slumber after the big commotion that was caused (consequence from the lack of interest of their news team to do its job).
Relax people, they promised the release to be in this year. Play other games in the meantime.

• Haha 1

Open the source and let the community help. it's full of programmers and people who are experts in reverse engineering, which is what is needed to program the mod.

I know it is complex to deal with this because mwl4 has to open IDA PRO to find the correct code and translate it to the mod.

I know that most here have no idea how complex and boring it is to do this. it takes a huge time. I know this because I work safely and I also do these shits.

What is so special about this code that it cannot be shared?

• Like 1