1.38 Development Update

Digital

41 minutes ago, Simülasyon _STANBUL said:

From here it is necessary to thank the tmp team very much.Most game companies ask for money to open a Server.But this platform offers everything to us for free.I thank this platform for providing the servers to us free of charge for years.thanks tmp?

-> I agree with you that they provide the server "for free". The fact is that players who don't pay depend on players who pay. It was, is, and always will be. If the Patreons jump off here, the server will be closed sooner or later. Ergo: In this sense, this server is not provided free of charge either!

-> I agree with you that others just don't offer Patreon and therefore there is no equality between games. But the fact is that you keep the server alive by buying on other servers. So it's just like here with the Patreon system.

And besides the fact that the tool and the research for TMP cost several thousand dollars: Damn it, you will also work with it and do not put another project forward !!!

And one more thing: My posts are completely overlooked by the moderators, developers and so on! But I don't think of the users here in the forum who ask themselves the question:

Will there even be a 1.38 for the TMP or are we waiting here for months over and over again for a very long time despite donations that we (including myself, still voluntarily) give just because another project is preferred?

Is it still in your interest to pass on timely updates to the player in the coming period?

Here my opinion is very clear at the moment: I have the feeling that your TMP no longer supports it with full force! I also have the feeling that we will hang 2 to 3 versions behind SCS here with you!

Is it still worth being a Patreon?

Sorry, but that had to be said. And as always, this is just an opinion where I have not yet received a reasonable, reassuring and credible answer from any developer. So far it seems as if we are only thrown chunks to calm down !!

@BigBahamut /:\GER/:\ Christ & people call me a moaner etc, you take it to the next level! The WHOLE TEAM is still behind the project, Mwl4 hasn't put this to the side to work on the CyberPunk2077 " IT IS HIS REAL LIFE FULL TIME JOB ". He took over from his friend who started this mod way back & is so good at what he does in his free time that he was offered a job many can only dream of, its like making LSPDFR for GTAV & a few years later Rockstar Games calling you & offering you a position working on making GTAVI.

The devs haven't abandoned the mod, they all have real life jobs & there's also the " slight " issue of a global pandemic going on!!!!

6 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

@BigBahamut /:\GER/:\ Christ & people call me a moaner etc, you take it to the next level! The WHOLE TEAM is still behind the project, Mwl4 hasn't put this to the side to work on the CyberPunk2077 " IT IS HIS REAL LIFE FULL TIME JOB ". He took over from his friend who started this mod way back & is so good at what he does in his free time that he was offered a job many can only dream of, its like making LSPDFR for GTAV & a few years later Rockstar Games calling you & offering you a position working on making GTAVI.

The devs haven't abandoned the mod, they all have real life jobs & there's also the " slight " issue of a global pandemic going on!!!!

I think you are very right. I believe the new update will come out soon.

Then I have to apologize publicly here.

Dear mwl4: I hereby apologize for calling your real job "another project".

And of course, real life is more important and of course TMP is a hobby.

But that's where the problem lies buried!

Too little information for us members.

But it doesn't change the main problem. It is and remains the problem that the updates are waiting longer and longer and you simply do not get any correct information here because you can see that things are progressing, even if there are only small steps.

P.S. Google Translate

• Upvote 1

That is why a permanent developer is needed on the staff. In general, for the good of scs employees, it is worth taking a closer look at this problem. If the MP is bent, people will get tired of just waiting for months, the ets and ats simulator itself will also bent. Without MP, he is about nothing. And they all want to lift ats from their knees. It's bad that the simulator itself and the mp do not have a competitor.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Simülasyon _STANBUL said:

From here it is necessary to thank the tmp team very much.Most game companies ask for money to open a Server.But this platform offers everything to us for free.I thank this platform for providing the servers to us free of charge for years.thanks tmp?

I have been using this Platform for about 4 years.Here again, I thank this platform very much.They really help people.As members of this Platform, we can be a little more patient.I hope a new update will come very soon.Thank you to everyone who commented.

Hello everyone, 

I won't aim at anyone specifically, but I'm sure those who I mean know they're meant. Just a friendly reminder. Please try to stay civil with each other. We don't really want a heated discussion here. In addition to that, you are more than welcome to submit constructive criticism, but just saying that the development is bad and too slow, is unfair. We'd love to hear constructive criticism, but please try to do that in an appropriate way with good points :).

Kind regards,

Inklink

TruckersMP RM + CMT 

• Like 2
  • HaulieLove 1

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

6 minutes ago, Inklink said:

Herkese merhaba, 

Özel olarak kimseye nişan almayacağım, ama eminim ki demek istediğim insanlar kastettiklerini bilirler. Sadece arkadaşça bir hatırlatma. Lütfen birbirinizle medeni kalmaya çalışın. Burada gerçekten hararetli bir tartışma istemiyoruz. Buna ek olarak, yapıcı eleştiri sunabilirsiniz, ancak sadece gelişmenin kötü ve çok yavaş olduğunu söylemek haksızlıktır. Yapıcı eleştiriler duymak isteriz ama lütfen bunu uygun bir şekilde ve güzel noktalarla yapmaya çalışın :).

Saygılarımla,

Inklink

TruckersMP RM + CMT 

Hello. This platform has been doing its best for years. We, as players, have to wait patiently for the update. Goodnight. 

Saygılarımla,

Simülasyon _STANBUL

• Like 1

• Luna featured this topic
On 8/31/2020 at 9:20 PM, -LoneWolf- said:

Really I`ve no idea and no rational reasons why SCS doesn`t go for Official Multiplayer

A staff member said in a fan interview that they don't do official multiplayer because they don't know how to handle so many players at the same time. For me, this is a false excuse because they know TruckersMP exists and therefore it is possible.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Inklink said:

Hello everyone, 

I won't aim at anyone specifically, but I'm sure those who I mean know they're meant. Just a friendly reminder. Please try to stay civil with each other. We don't really want a heated discussion here. In addition to that, you are more than welcome to submit constructive criticism, but just saying that the development is bad and too slow, is unfair. We'd love to hear constructive criticism, but please try to do that in an appropriate way with good points :).

Kind regards,

Inklink

TruckersMP RM + CMT 

M8, you and your colleagues still miss the point in what Bahamut tells you. All we want from you, the community, is to inform us about the work on 1.38 in an official WRITTEN form. Your news team refused to do so on September 1st. Covid and RL are no excuse for not doing what they were chosen to do. Project or not you owe us at least that much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

18 hours ago, Inklink said:

Hello everyone, 

Kind regards,

Inklink

TruckersMP RM + CMT 

The fact that the development of truckersMP lies on the shoulders of one man seems to be a very serious flaw. Not only is it very slow but the risks are immense! In the business world we would call this the bus factor.

The bus factor is a measurement of the risk resulting from information and capabilities not being shared among team members, derived from the phrase "in case they get hit by a bus.".

Well, the bus factor here is as high as it gets.. If the main dev is out then truckersMP is simply history. If the staff of this project are serious about keeping this project as healthy as it can be, then knowledge should be shared amongst the teammembers. 
Please take my advice, try to share knowledge amongst eachother.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Niuro_BG said:

M8, you and your colleagues still miss the point in what Bahamut tells you. All we want from you, the community, is to inform us about the work on 1.38 in an official WRITTEN form. Your news team refused to do so on September 1st. Covid and RL are no excuse for not doing what they were chosen to do. Project or not you owe us at least that much.

This post is the Official Written form of the current progress on 1.38 update, given by the Project Management Team itself. I really don't know what else do you expect? Hand written letter via a Pigeon to your house?

The team provided all available information there currently is, therefore saying that we didn't is simply rude and unfair.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Hate isn't and will be punished.

Kind regards,

.Christopher

TruckersMP Community Moderator Leader

• HaulieLove 1

banner

59 minutes ago, .Christopher said:

This post is the Official Written form of the current progress on 1.38 update, given by the Project Management Team itself. I really don't know what else do you expect? Hand written letter via a Pigeon to your house?

The team provided all available information there currently is, therefore saying that we didn't is simply rude and unfair.

Kind regards,

.Christopher

I do not hope that you put me here as a hater because that's what I want to avoid. I am only concerned about the future of TMP and the associated work of myself to set up a VCT in MP.

So far, my statements have always been nice and professional. You could also always understand from this that it is not about whether it is a voluntary thing or a real work. Also out of the question was the work that was put into it. We all know it's a lot of work for you.

But a project of this size and only one man who is able to do most of the most important work but is busy professionally so that he does not have time to invest in TMP, of course, makes us players think about how to proceed.

Greetings BigBahamut

P.S.: And just by the way: at the end of August / beginning of September .... The beginning of September will soon be over.

P.S.S.: Google Translate

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BigBahamut /:\GER/:\ said:

I do not hope that you put me here as a hater because that's what I want to avoid. I am only concerned about the future of TMP and the associated work of myself to set up a VCT in MP.

So far, my statements have always been nice and professional. You could also always understand from this that it is not about whether it is a voluntary thing or a real work. Also out of the question was the work that was put into it. We all know it's a lot of work for you.

But a project of this size and only one man who is able to do most of the most important work but is busy professionally so that he does not have time to invest in TMP, of course, makes us players think about how to proceed.

Greetings BigBahamut

P.S.: And just by the way: at the end of August / beginning of September .... The beginning of September will soon be over.

lols beginning of September is already over

Hello.

I don't want to offend you under any circumstances, but your comments are disturbing and do nothing to resolve our problem here.

I accept every opinion, so I ask you to accept ours and stop making such comments in order to somehow have to bring you into the light!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gospel C said:

Problem here is TMP is depending on one guy to do the work and my question is if the guy decides to leave, does that mean TMP will close cz according to them he is the only one who has got the skill

this concerns me aswell TMP is depending on one person is no good

Thanks @mwl4for this status update.

I know a bit of developement, but doing such a thing like you - I probably never could do this. I want to thank you and the whole Developement-Team, PM, PO for their time making this amazing Multiplayer possible. Also to the rest of the team like GM, CM, Support, Media, etc. - It must be really a hard work - but also good work tho.

Thank you all doing your job good in here and also thanks mwl4 for creating ETS2MP aka. TruckersMP.

To be honest, at my very very beginning times, I thought World of Trucks is the "online mode" - but it wasn't ?, after a while playing this I googled a bit and TruckersMP was the first result on Google. I'd gave it a try and here I am. Basically since 2017, but my idiotic brain meant to delete my account in 2019 - but that's another story.

Anyway, good job to all and let's continue to support you all. But it's nice to read the Update will be ready soon :) 

Greets, Bailey

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 2
  • True Story 1

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

2 hours ago, .Christopher said:

Kind regards,

.Christopher

Where in my message I write about speeding up the development process?! Can you read or what and you are toxic to boot...

1 hour ago, BigBahamut /:\GER/:\ said:

Greetings BigBahamut

No. We are not haters, but we want information. This is the main reason we argue with them - they (TMP News Staff) are not doing their job properly, in this very instance, by providing even a single useful bit of information for more than 20 days after the previous post. Is it so hard to post the following:
For example -> "Due to the apparent increase in Covid cases in Western Europe (you're probably from there) and our lead IT's job, we'd like to let everyone in the community know that we won't be able to keep up with rewriting the code as estimated 1st half of September 2020. There will be an update, yes, but please be patient. Expect it at the earliest after ............ (October 1st for example)."
Is this so hard to compose????

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • True Story 1

God so many angry people here, did anyone read the post...

" Why do these updates take so long?

Right now, only the Lead Developer 'MWL4' has the knowledge, skills, and tools to prepare the port from 1.37 to 1.38. In addition to him working on the update, he has personal commitments in the real world.

The whole team are supporting him to the best of our abilities, but we are limited to only minor tasks. " Pretty clear!!!!

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, mwl4 said:

So let me explain a bit.

First of all, support for 1.38 takes so long because in the engine of ETS2/ATS huge changes have been made. Basically SCS merged two modules of their engine into one. Though I am on good way of getting support done within few days I think.

Switching from 1.37 to 1.38 in multiplayer sounds really easy for someone who just plays this game. It is only switching two numbers, right? But:

TruckersMP project has really tough architecture bases. We read and write data(memory) from/to engine. In order to be able to do that we need to have proper memory layout defined in our code. Since we do not have access to source code of the game, we need to kinda duplicate how it looks in source code at SCS. Though that is not easy task if you don't have direct access to that code. Really often it must be done by Reverse Engineering. You look at compiled source code, and trying to understand what it does, what it modifies, what it reads, etc. You can also guess basing on given data what are given variables (what are their names, what they mean). And you need to be very very precise in guessing. Any mismatch in data layout might lead to game crash. 

Also to make everything a bit simpler we use already defined functions which operate on data from the game. Though you must be very precise in terms of what data you put as parameters to such functions. Again any mismatch may lead to game crash, and it might be crash that is hard to trace. Because for example it is memory stomp (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_corruption). And there is really nothing you can do about it. Only getting PDB (debug symbols) file from SCS or source code access could speed up porting process. There is huge field to do in terms of ensuring many things on our side, but this will only help us with stability. If SCS changes code, then always we need to adjust our code to follow changes.

So only that part makes development hard (working with prism engine). But consider this: SCS Software has full access to source code, and they haven't built multiplayer yet. Why? That is second part of the problem: engine & gameplay & network programming.

To provide good mulitplayer you need to prepare stable systems. It is not really only about writing code. You need to provide design of systems - communication between systems - you need to couple somehow rendering, physics, gameplay, replication, sounds, AI, animations, vehicles simulation and more. 

game_systems.png

More read here: http://ce.eng.usc.ac.ir/files/1511334027376.pdf Especially section 1.6.14 Online Multiplayer/Networking

Singleplayer games are already hard to create. Multiplayer additionally must serve gameplay with replicated objects with possible high latency, you need to take care of backend & security, etc. etc.

I have seen something about hiring somebody full-time to do TruckersMP. So keep in mind what I wrote in previous paragraph + we need someone who knows C++ (very very good) / Assembler (good) / Reverse Engineering (very good) / Game Engines overall / Specific Systems - Gameplay & Replication deeply. Finding someone with that knowledge in ETS2 environment / simulation game is really very hard. First problem is that somebody with that knowledge usually goes working to big companies as they pay quite good, and provide good working conditions. Or such person just starts his own business as he knows what he does.

Though situation is better now. We have ShawnCZek now, who is able to write some game code. And we have now stable solutions in terms of cowork on the same project. Standard DevOps is set on TruckersMP which makes simpler making experimental builds, code is build everytime when pushed to repository, we have full pipeline.

And last thing is my job at CD Projekt RED. I started my job in February 2019. Consider this: we started Patreon in October 2019. Before Patreon my only income from TruckersMP were advertisements. And that wasn't good income. Now with Patreon it is better, but I work on this project already 7 years. If Patreon income will be constant/rising then I can think of getting back to TruckersMP full time. But for now it must stay as it is. I cannot just leave my current job for now.

Hello mwl4,

First of all, a big thank you for this answer.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that TMP has done more than just a great job since the beginning, every single one of you. And everyone would help if they could.

The real problem is not "not knowing how difficult" but "how far are you?"

I also know that it is difficult somehow to be able to tell us something without announcing an appointment that you may not be able to keep.

But the fact that you don't notice anything from the developer team or that an anticipated deadline cannot be adjusted again if it cannot be met causes unrest.

I strongly believe that if you tried to publish an update on the current situation once a week, it wouldn't be so bad if you could read here for yourself: "Another step has brought us closer. But unfortunately another problem has been added. Here we can't say much yet except that the update date is unfortunately postponed again ".

I know your work means a lot. But maybe there should be some kind of ticker with very small chunks of information to simply ease the long wait for the new update or to make it understandable.

Of course I'm still waiting for the update and believe me, if I could I would help you.

Once again, a huge thank you for your answer ?

Greetings BigBahamut

P.S .: Google Translation

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mwl4 said:

Lassen Sie mich das etwas erklären.

Erstens dauert die Unterstützung für 1.38 so lange, weil in der Engine von ETS2 / ATS große Änderungen vorgenommen wurden. Grundsätzlich hat SCS zwei Module ihrer Engine zu einem zusammengeführt. Obwohl ich auf einem guten Weg bin, innerhalb weniger Tage Unterstützung zu leisten, denke ich.

Das Wechseln von 1,37 auf 1,38 im Mehrspielermodus klingt für jemanden, der nur dieses Spiel spielt, sehr einfach. Es werden nur zwei Nummern gewechselt, oder? Aber:

Das TruckersMP-Projekt hat wirklich harte Architekturgrundlagen. Wir lesen und schreiben Daten (Speicher) von / zur Engine. Dazu müssen wir in unserem Code ein korrektes Speicherlayout definieren. Da wir keinen Zugriff auf den Quellcode des Spiels haben, müssen wir das Aussehen des Quellcodes bei SCS duplizieren. Dies ist jedoch keine leichte Aufgabe, wenn Sie keinen direkten Zugriff auf diesen Code haben. Wirklich oft muss es von Reverse Engineering durchgeführt werden. Sie sehen sich kompilierten Quellcode an und versuchen zu verstehen, was er tut, was er ändert, was er liest usw. Sie können auch anhand der gegebenen Daten erraten, welche Variablen gegeben sind (wie heißen sie, was sie bedeuten). Und Sie müssen sehr, sehr genau raten. Jede Nichtübereinstimmung im Datenlayout kann zum Absturz des Spiels führen. 

Um alles ein bisschen einfacher zu machen, verwenden wir bereits definierte Funktionen, die mit Daten aus dem Spiel arbeiten. Sie müssen jedoch sehr genau angeben, welche Daten Sie als Parameter für solche Funktionen eingeben. Wiederum kann jede Nichtübereinstimmung zu einem Absturz des Spiels führen, und es kann ein Absturz sein, der schwer nachzuvollziehen ist. Denn zum Beispiel ist es Memory Stomp ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_corruption ). Und Sie können wirklich nichts dagegen tun. Nur das Abrufen der PDB-Datei (Debug Symbols) von SCS oder des Quellcodezugriffs kann den Portierungsprozess beschleunigen. Es gibt viel zu tun, um viele Dinge auf unserer Seite zu gewährleisten, aber dies wird uns nur bei der Stabilität helfen. Wenn SCS den Code ändert, müssen wir unseren Code immer anpassen, um Änderungen zu folgen.

Nur dieser Teil erschwert die Entwicklung (Arbeiten mit Prismenmotor). Beachten Sie jedoch Folgendes: SCS Software hat vollen Zugriff auf den Quellcode und hat noch keinen Multiplayer-Modus erstellt. Warum? Das ist der zweite Teil des Problems: Engine & Gameplay & Netzwerkprogrammierung.

Um einen guten Mulitplayer bereitzustellen, müssen Sie stabile Systeme vorbereiten. Es geht nicht nur darum, Code zu schreiben. Sie müssen das Design von Systemen bereitstellen - die Kommunikation zwischen Systemen - Sie müssen Rendering, Physik, Gameplay, Replikation, Sounds, KI, Animationen, Fahrzeugsimulation und mehr irgendwie miteinander verbinden. 

game_systems.png

Lesen Sie hier mehr:  http://ce.eng.usc.ac.ir/files/1511334027376.pdf  Insbesondere Abschnitt 1.6.14 Online Multiplayer / Networking

Einzelspieler-Spiele sind bereits schwer zu erstellen. Der Mehrspielermodus muss zusätzlich das Gameplay mit replizierten Objekten mit möglicherweise hoher Latenz unterstützen. Sie müssen sich um das Backend und die Sicherheit usw. usw. kümmern.

Ich habe etwas darüber gesehen, jemanden in Vollzeit für TruckersMP einzustellen. Denken Sie also daran, was ich im vorherigen Absatz geschrieben habe. Wir brauchen jemanden, der C ++ (sehr, sehr gut) / Assembler (gut) / Reverse Engineering (sehr gut) / Game Engines insgesamt / Spezifische Systeme - Gameplay & Replication genau kennt. Es ist wirklich sehr schwierig, jemanden mit diesem Wissen in der ETS2-Umgebung / im Simulationsspiel zu finden. Das erste Problem ist, dass jemand mit diesem Wissen normalerweise in großen Unternehmen arbeitet, da diese recht gut bezahlen und gute Arbeitsbedingungen bieten. Oder eine solche Person macht sich einfach selbstständig, weil sie weiß, was sie tut.

Obwohl die Situation jetzt besser ist. Wir haben jetzt ShawnCZek, der in der Lage ist, Spielcode zu schreiben. Und wir haben jetzt stabile Lösungen in Bezug auf Cowork für dasselbe Projekt. Standard DevOps ist auf TruckersMP eingestellt, was das Erstellen experimenteller Builds vereinfacht. Code wird jedes Mal erstellt, wenn er in das Repository verschoben wird. Wir haben die volle Pipeline.

Und als letztes ist mein Job bei CD Projekt RED. Ich habe meine Arbeit im Februar 2019 begonnen. Bedenken Sie Folgendes: Wir haben Patreon im Oktober 2019 gegründet. Vor Patreon waren meine einzigen Einnahmen aus TruckersMP Werbung. Und das war kein gutes Einkommen. Jetzt mit Patreon ist es besser, aber ich arbeite bereits 7 Jahre an diesem Projekt. Wenn das Patreon-Einkommen konstant ist / steigt, kann ich mir vorstellen, ganztägig zu TruckersMP zurückzukehren. Aber jetzt muss es so bleiben wie es ist. Ich kann meinen derzeitigen Job vorerst nicht einfach verlassen.

Hello @mwl4 and team of TMP,

first I'm really happy to be able to use the multiplayer. Without the multiplayer, the Euro Truck Simulator 2 would be much more boring and lonely in some parts. I would even argue that without the multiplayer, the ETS2 community would be much smaller than it is now. So thank you very much for that! 

next, I think it's really good that they're trying to explain to us what kind of problems, their causes, and why a solution takes longer or shorter than usual. So you can perhaps understand it a little better while you sit as a player on 

(in Germany you say:) "Hot Coal."

I'm honestly sometimes someone who complains about the multiplayer because something doesn't work or doesn't work or so. But I think everybody does. When you think about who or what is behind it, you see the whole thing much less critical than before.

In the end, all I have to say is that they don’t let anyone put pressure on them because my motto is always: Better to wait longer and little to no mistakes than no waiting time and heaps of mistakes. In addition, I have great respect for the entire TMP team but a little more respect I devote to the developers of TMP

Greetings
Roko

(This post has been independently translated with a tool other than Google Translator.)

• Like 3