1.38 Development Update

Digital

First of all, sorry for my bad English, I work with Google Translator to make my moderate English useful.

Personally, I think that something should fundamentally change. Every small change in the game results in waiting weeks, if not months, for an update. During this time, SCS and Promods don't sleep either and the next update is waiting.

It cannot and must not be that only 1 (!) Programmer sits on it and is the only one who has a plan. If he dies, gets sick, or just doesn't feel like it anymore, then we can close the shop.

I have been a Patreon donor from the very beginning and currently see income of almost $ 6000 a month. Surely something useful could be made with that? Can't you hire an employee for at least half a day?

Can't you work more closely with SCS? I guess that SCS indirectly makes the most income through ETS and ATS multiplayer. Should multiplayer be discontinued, it will be much more difficult for them to sell maps and other DLCs.

Also at the risk of being stoned now, but maybe you should talk to SCS about adding a multiplayer directly to the game? Maybe even as a permanent position?

That would solve an incredible number of problems.

No matter what the future will look like, what you will ultimately choose. As it is currently going, in my opinion it cannot continue in the long term.

This waiting and patching back puts a strain on every virtual company.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent my frustration. Thank you for reading.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Truckmau5 said:

Personally, I think that something should fundamentally change. Every small change in the game results in waiting weeks, if not months, for an update. During this time, SCS and Promods don't sleep either and the next update is waiting.

It cannot and must not be that only 1 (!) Programmer sits on it and is the only one who has a plan. If he dies, gets sick, or just doesn't feel like it anymore, then we can close the shop.

I have been a Patreon donor from the very beginning and currently see income of almost $ 6000 a month. Surely something useful could be made with that? Can't you hire an employee for at least half a day?

Can't you work more closely with SCS? I guess that SCS indirectly makes the most income through ETS and ATS multiplayer. Should multiplayer be discontinued, it will be much more difficult for them to sell maps and other DLCs.

Also at the risk of being stoned now, but maybe you should talk to SCS about adding a multiplayer directly to the game? Maybe even as a permanent position?

That would solve an incredible number of problems.

No matter what the future will look like, what you will ultimately choose. As it is currently going, in my opinion it cannot continue in the long term.

This waiting and patching back puts a strain on every virtual company.

This is indeed a reflection that could be taken into consideration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Truckmau5 That`s a good point!

I talked about it maybe 2-3 years ago. Really I`ve no idea and no rational reasons why SCS doesn`t go for Official Multiplayer. From their side there is no risk cause popularity of this mod is tremendous. In my opinion - which is maybe too optimistic - well though out of Official MP will cause huge popularity. Just think about it... Server for 15-20-30k players. Official clans, maybe something like "1 week patches with new close roads etc.", official huge statistics about truck companies and competition between them. Weather system. Truck stops when you can talk in Chat with others. Potential is really huge. For me, this game on singleplayer goes boring too fast. Money lies on the ground. Everything what SCS should do... is bend down.

The saddest thing is that if a competitor ever appears, it will sweep the small Czech studio off the surface.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, -LoneWolf- said:

Really I`ve no idea and no rational reasons why SCS doesn`t go for Official Multiplayer. From their side there is no risk cause popularity of this mod is tremendous. In my opinion - which is maybe too optimistic - well though out of Official MP will cause huge popularity. Just think about it... Server for 15-20-30k players. Official clans, maybe something like "1 week patches with new close roads etc.", official huge statistics about truck companies and competition between them. Weather system. Truck stops when you can talk in Chat with others. Potential is really huge. For me, this game on singleplayer goes boring too fast. Money lies on the ground. Everything what SCS should do... is bend down.

The saddest thing is that if a competitor ever appears, it will sweep the small Czech studio off the surface.

They are working on something but its not a high priority, also it wouldn't wipe them off the surface because its down to the fan-base & millions of people play still! I believe the WOT stuff is their intended route to MP, other communities have failed because they simply don't have Mwl4...They are all mouth & no trousers because they simply have no idea what they are doing which is why they always have a fancy website but nothing else! 

3 hours ago, Niuro_BG said:

Is it coming or not?

Let me just say this, with this and many other update's in the future, will be time Consuming. and need to be patient is not going to get any faster, if anything it will get better and slower on the updates because it is so much information that needs to be provided.

1 hour ago, AssassinGoEasy said:

Let me just say this, with this and many other update's in the future, will be time Consuming. and need to be patient is not going to get any faster, if anything it will get better and slower on the updates because it is so much information that needs to be provided.

True although it varies on what they put in the patches, new trucks & trailers tend to be fairly quick to update where as a map rework or graphical change tend to take longer....

48 minutes ago, _Spakz_ said:

You can take your time I mean it doesn't make a difference if I play on version 37 or 38, it's still the same :thisisfine::ph34r:?

not unless you have idaho

76561198049616828.png

5 hours ago, AssassinGoEasy said:

Well... we start with the offensive writing again, and at the same time no one makes the effort to inform the community about the progress of the update since August 14th. No, buddy, I know it takes time, but it was okay to add an update to the main post on September 1st. Also, there are many players willing to upgrade to ProMods, but are held back by the uncertainty caused by the usual - we do not know when and can not determine where we are. It would be wise/great to give us an approximate date for the update (maybe October 1).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey together

I have already mentioned it often enough that for the money you get from us it is definitely possible to let someone help you for money if it really matters that you do not get ahead on your own.

It really can't and shouldn't be that you wait so long for an update.

And the players who are of the opinion that they don't mind playing "out of date". Sorry, but I would like to drive with SCS (and especially in my case with the ProMod) as soon as it is available.

At the moment I am also the patron saint, but I wonder if it is right? I know it's a private project, but can't you expect to do everything possible to reduce the update time when you get donations?

We like the MP as a forwarding company, it is even an advantage for our forwarding company. But that only counts as long as the MP runs on the current status. Lots of drivers drive a lot of DLCs, but many don't always want to downgrade, I'm one of them.

And if it is really the case that it takes longer from SCS update to SCS update here at TMP because you can't keep up, then we as a forwarding company are already thinking about concentrating on the SP. But that also means that we will get out as patron.

Greetings to all.

P.S.: Sorry vor my English. Google Translate....

Edited by BigBahamut /:\GER/:\
  • Like 4

On 8/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, Digital said:

After some time there will be TruckersMP for 1.38, just wait."

Sorry, but how long should we wait?

It is already difficult enough to set up a shipping company nowadays if you want to have it in the MP.

Should it not be possible, we and many others also have to build into the single player, which also means that the MP is seldom or not used at all.

Please do not get me wrong. But if you use a software for the company that always works with the latest maps, we can no longer afford to wait for the MultiPlayer because it takes longer and longer from update to update. We then only have 2 options: 1. We drive without software (ie without a forwarding agent) or 2. We drive offline. And here the question arises whether it is worthwhile to set up a forwarding agency in the MP at some point.

BigBahamut

P.S .: Google English translation

5 hours ago, BigBahamut /:\GER/:\ said:

At the moment I am also the patron saint, but I wonder if it is right? I know it's a private project, but can't you expect to do everything possible to reduce the update time when you get donations?

Your helping pay for the server rent & software, i believe thats what they use the donations for

Sorry!

Well, I just looked at the developers. And I had to realize that you get the feeling that you don't care about the TMP project even though we donate.

I took a look at the Steam accounts and unfortunately had to see there that only 2 people from the developers gave you the slight feeling that the TMP project is still important to you.

With all the others, you really hardly saw ETS2 at all during the course of the game, Fall Guy is a popular game with almost all of them. For one it was over 90 hours in the last 2 weeks that he played the new flight simulator.

Do not get me wrong. But if such a large project WITH DONATIONS is no longer supported by almost all developers, I don't ask myself when the next update will come from you, but whether and how long you can still run the TMP project.

Not that you think I want to shoot you, but I've liked being a patron so far. But if I get the feeling that money is going into your pockets and you don't really back the TMP project anymore, then I feel like I'm being kidnapped. I hope you understand my current feeling.

P.S .: Google English translation