1.38 Development Update

Digital

3 minutes ago, Flima051 said:

some friends are already able to play but my launcher does not update to play version 1.38, I tried to delete and download again on the site but it didn't work anyway

You can't play TruckersMP on 1.38, because TruckersMP doesn't Support the Current Version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator 2 (1.38). Your Friends most likely just playing Single Player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Flima051 said:

some friends are already able to play but my launcher does not update to play version 1.38, I tried to delete and download again on the site but it didn't work anyway

As already mentioned above, TruckersMP does not support 1.38 yet. Meaning, your friends do probably play either in SP or they have downgraded their game. 
You may not be able to play on 1.38, however, you can still play TruckersMP by downgrading your game to 1.37. 
If you need help with downgrading your game, check out the following guide! :) 
-> https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/26

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the information. I am really looking forward to the arrival of 1.38 in multiplayer, the developers will undoubtedly have a hard time, but it will not be impossible for 1.38 to arrive in multiplayer.

A quick but at the same time big update to my previous post about the volvo sleeper cabin bug.

After that post I actually found out that the software that I needed to create that files was just Blender that I had already installed it only needed some addons to work with the scs files

And I actually created the right files for the "normal" hand truck, and it did fix the bug and the cb radio is now on the right position.

spacer.png

I hope that the developers accept my files so they can implement it on the launcher and make the bug get fixed for all of us.

Thanks for the good work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JKK8_RVQ-klopKz0B4GprNqHpaim5b8t/view?usp=sharing

On 8/21/2020 at 6:08 AM, CJMAXiK said:

It is pretty much impossible because we're using reverse engineering to build a multiplayer.

im sure in his time at scs, rootkiller helped mwl4 with quite some hints and code.. no? :)

@Digital Thank you for asking mwl4 about my questions.. i still think it would be good to have a "second" mwl on the team.. maybe you guys (and girls and other) want to think about posting requirements for the job publicly in search of some one how could help and speed up what mwl4 does.. i think it would be an improvement to have 2 client developers.. in any case.. thank you again for the answers.. and i hope scs indeed doesnt add something mwl could not reverse engineer in time befor another patch would hit..

i think many would agree with me that no being able to play the mp mod on the "stable" version and always having to downgrade would not be a welcome scenario :)
im looking forward to 1.38 on mp..  i wish the mod and team the best :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

sysp-73354.png

Sobre o bug do som: o caminhão fica ligando e desligando quando há vários jogadores juntos num local. O caminhão não liga e desliga, apenas emite o som de ligar e desligar o motor.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

About the sound bug: the truck keeps on and off when there are several players together in one location. The truck does not start and stop, it only emits the sound of starting and stopping the engine.

15 minutes ago, TNL I Fabio BR said:

Sobre o bug do som: o caminhão fica ligando e desligando quando há vários jogadores juntos num local. O caminhão não liga e desliga, apenas emite o som de ligar e desligar o motor.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

About the sound bug: the truck keeps on and off when there are several players together in one location. The truck does not start and stop, it only emits the sound of starting and stopping the engine.

I was not able to understand very well what you meant related to the sound problem, but this is normal so far and I believe it will be corrected in the next update. However, if you need help or want to open a topic in the Portuguese language, you can use the Portuguese Discussion Area, otherwise, only English should be used in the other areas of the forum.

19 minutes ago, TNL I Fabio BR said:

The cause of these engine sounds are fmod. fmod was built for ETS2 and ATS only, as it only plays the sounds that are coming from you and your surroundings. Now to put this in simpler terms, as you can imagine when lots of people are around, fmod is still trying to perform it's job of playing the sounds near you, however, as there's lots of people around it's still trying to play the sounds for them as well which creates a loop or a bug in sound files which then causes the engine sounds issue. I am not a developer or work for SCS, I wouldn't even be able to code for that matter, but the main thing is it's to do with fmod which is why TMP are trying their best to tackle this new obstacle, and why it's taking a while to do so.

Thank you TMP for the update post, hope everything is fine and we'll be waiting patiently for the update ?

2 hours ago, NightBIade said:

The cause of these engine sounds are fmod. fmod was built for ETS2 and ATS only, as it only plays the sounds that are coming from you and your surroundings. Now to put this in simpler terms, as you can imagine when lots of people are around, fmod is still trying to perform it's job of playing the sounds near you, however, as there's lots of people around it's still trying to play the sounds for them as well which creates a loop or a bug in sound files which then causes the engine sounds issue. I am not a developer or work for SCS, I wouldn't even be able to code for that matter, but the main thing is it's to do with fmod which is why TMP are trying their best to tackle this new obstacle, and why it's taking a while to do so.

Thank you TMP for the update post, hope everything is fine and we'll be waiting patiently for the update ?

Its weird that OpenAL or whatever FMOD replaced didn't do it though! They should have gone with AudioMotors FMOD LeSound which allows you to fine tune the samples & get a clean rpm range etc....It would sound way better from what i have seen of it 

I recommend you to try connect with SCS software, so when new update is ready, they are give you information that you need before update and you guys can work more time, and release it togather with SCS updates or take little longer time depends how long it takes... Alyhrough you guys are amazing, doing great job and just keep doing it...(Sorry for my English;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Вагончик said:

I recommend you to try connect with SCS software, so when new update is ready, they are give you information that you need before update and you guys can work more time, and release it togather with SCS updates or take little longer time depends how long it takes... Alyhrough you guys are amazing, doing great job and just keep doing it...(Sorry for my English;)

someone has already given this suggestion, but they wouldn't get a lot of help from scs, simply because this project has "reverse engineering" at it's core