1.38 Development Update

Digital

Thank you so much for giving us feedback and updates.  It is fantastic that you have opened up that communication and we are very great full even if it is delays at least we know , why and what is being done.  so big thumbs up. 

I do have a question.  every now and then I open the MP launcher and there are files to DL. 

Of course I get excited thinking we have a fix.  but no. 

What exactly is being Downloaded ? 

and if its part of the fix why is not done in one bundle when ready ? 

just curious

keep up the great work. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the information and although everything seems to be visually fine, I believe that behind the scenes the work is heavy and it is something that is not really easy, especially when there are very few people on the development team. Although we are all looking forward to enjoying 1.38, I prefer an update to TruckersMP with as few bugs as possible than having a very fast update with many errors to fix and consequently not having a good experience with multiplayer. :tmp:

Greetings to all! :D??

• True Story 1

Hi @sgpch1983, I have reached out to mwl4 about your questions:

On 8/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, sgpch1983 said:

Thank you digital for the post..
Question: Why is mwl4 still the only person porting? Why doesnt he get some in to the team that can help him? maybe another friend of his he can trust with the code (as i understand that the security of the code is one of his high priority so nobody forks tmp)..

"It is very hard to find anyone that is able to do such things. Standard C++ programmers often do not have any knowledge in creating such software. Threshold to join project as game developer is really high.

We can sign proper contracts with new developers, it is not problem. Just finding anyone that can do such things is really hard. It is even hard for big companies."

And on that question.. what will he and the team do if scs puts more and more stuff ingame thats slows it so much down that he cant possible finish before the next patch comes?? Did he think about that yet? is there a plan?

"it is impossible. SCS cannot do a lot of changes in one patch. They have to make sure everything is working fine with old saves, that features work, etc."

or do we than just have to always play on downgraded version??

i would appreciate an answer to that, and pls dont get me as hostile, im just very very curios about that and worry about tmp a little.
btw. if you need to you may contact me if for any reason you have a question about my questions.

"After some time there will be TruckersMP for 1.38, just wait."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:41 PM, erikj said:

Have you considered making the TruckersMP source code available as a collaborative project on GitHub? It would allow more devs to contribute to the project and allow users to enjoy new updates and features faster. I'm sure it would also allow mwl4 to get some of his personal life back ;)

What's the TMP team's opinion on this?

Unfortunately, there are no plans to set up a public collaborative project on GitHub for TruckersMP.

• HaulieCry 3

On 8/15/2020 at 4:58 AM, THEREALDETONATOR said:

Thanks for the info, The volvo bug will be fixed in 1.38?

Hi @THEREALDETONATOR, I have reached out to mwl4 about your question:

"It is not depended on 1.38, it can be fixed before or after or with update supporting 1.38".

This means the Volvo bug can be fixed on 1.37, during the 1.38 multiplayer support update, or after the 1.38 multiplayer support update. It just requires a developer to find a fix and implement it, when they have an opportunity to.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:26 PM, lonewolfnz1 said:

I do have a question.  every now and then I open the MP launcher and there are files to DL. 

Of course I get excited thinking we have a fix.  but no. 

What exactly is being Downloaded ? 

and if its part of the fix why is not done in one bundle when ready ?

The recent updates have been for new features/fixes outside of the 1.38 support development. You can view a list of changes/additions that have been pushed to the launcher in the past month, here:

These updates have not affected the 1.38 support development progress, as these were done by ShawnCZek, who does not work on the 1.38 support update.

1 hour ago, Digital said:

These updates have not affected the 1.38 support development progress, as these were done by ShawnCZek, who does not work on the 1.38 support update.

As good as ShawnCZek is ( hes great ), we need another Mwl4 because hes surely gonna call time given his actual job & without him the mod will just die...I mean he can't be the only one who has the know-how, or are we starting to see the end of updates to the mod? Its gonna happen at some point right...

• Like 2

@ScaniaFan89 - Digital explained it with a response from mwl4 himself:

"It is very hard to find anyone that is able to do such things. Standard C++ programmers often do not have any knowledge in creating such software. Threshold to join project as game developer is really high.

We can sign proper contracts with new developers, it is not problem. Just finding anyone that can do such things is really hard. It is even hard for big companies."

Tl;dr is - It's very hard to find developers having a knowledge to work on the updates, even with C++ experience. 

• Like 1

banner

Good Team, Good Update

Thank you very much for the information, we know the work behind each update, the whole community values and supports the work of the developers, and there is nothing left but to be patient and wait for the best 1.38 version.

the sweet wait...

greetings to all! 

wWw.RullPlay.ro

12 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

As good as ShawnCZek is ( hes great ), we need another Mwl4 because hes surely gonna call time given his actual job & without him the mod will just die...I mean he can't be the only one who has the know-how, or are we starting to see the end of updates to the mod? Its gonna happen at some point right...

@ScaniaFan89 He's not just going to up & leave like chris said above its not easy to find the same dev's as him who ports over the game updates TMP as a whole has come way too far for that even if he was thinking about it there would be either someone to replace him or continue his work with the project to say that it would just up & die isn't really a fair statement - people just need to be patient & let them do their work & will have the new update soon to play I think some people think its easy click & then done when its not there's a lot of work that has go into the updates especially with the new features in the updates that get added things like F mod & SSAO that require a lot more work than normal 

But thankyou TMP for letting us know of the progress its such a wonderful community when there is always a great flow of communication between everyone :)

3 hours ago, -Elvis- said:

@ScaniaFan89 He's not just going to up & leave like chris said above its not easy to find the same dev's as him who ports over the game updates TMP as a whole has come way too far for that even if he was thinking about it there would be either someone to replace him or continue his work with the project to say that it would just up & die isn't really a fair statement - people just need to be patient & let them do their work & will have the new update soon to play I think some people think its easy click & then done when its not there's a lot of work that has go into the updates especially with the new features in the updates that get added things like F mod & SSAO that require a lot more work than normal 

But thankyou TMP for letting us know of the progress its such a wonderful community when there is always a great flow of communication between everyone :)

Well without someone like him it would grind to a halt, problem is the game has got so complex from when it was new....I know its not easy having seen videos on it ( not that i have a clue whats going on as i don't understand C++ ). It may be the new norm that the mod will always be 1 patch behind due to how complex they are getting, i swear scs are on about going to dx12 ( dx11 was the milestone they had to cross to get to it ). I have been playing this virtually since it came out way back so i have seen how the updates have slowed down due to whats in them & getting it supported! I also wonder when scs will stop updating ( maybe 2.00 because 1.50 is too close ) most games don't release that many patches, gtav is on 1.0.2060 /1.51 or " patchday23 "...10 years or less is a long life cycle for a game! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, erikj said:

This is very disappointing to hear, but thank you for your reply & honesty. Keep up the good work.

Not really, its so " other " communities don't steal the code & also because if they did release it public, SCS would have them for breakfast ( there's an agreement & tolerance between TMP & SCS which Pavel Sebor mentioned himself on video when Paul aka Squirrel visited their offices ). There are some things you just NEVER do & releasing a games code that you reverse engineered is right up there on the list...That is unless you want the FBI kicking your door down at 4am?? 

On 8/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, Digital said:

Hi @THEREALDETONATOR, I have reached out to mwl4 about your question:

"It is not depended on 1.38, it can be fixed before or after or with update supporting 1.38".

This means the Volvo bug can be fixed on 1.37, during the 1.38 multiplayer support update, or after the 1.38 multiplayer support update. It just requires a developer to find a fix and implement it, when they have an opportunity to.

First of all thanks for the answers,

I have done some research myself on the TuckersMp files and I want to help you because I believe that I found what's causing this bug.

In the TruckersMp file the is one file called "data2.mp"

Capturar.thumb.PNG.c7228d310f181adb82751ad1875d18fd.PNG

and that is just a zip file so I extracted and found a folder that is for the volvo fh16 2012 the one that has the bug

Capturar2.thumb.PNG.fff7389c171bfc8ad73868d8cff2cf07.PNG

then I got in the Uk hand folder and found that there is 2 file for the sleeper cabin that is the one that has the bug

spacer.png

so on the Uk hand there is no bug and there is files for it and in the "normal" hand there is a bug and no files so I tried to use the uk hand files reamed on the "normal" hand

spacer.png

and it did work but because the files are from the uk hand the cb radio was in the wrong position a bit up and to the right

and because i just want to help and not get banned I didn't want to bypass the kick system so I got kicked since the launcher detected the files are been modified

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So if I know what software is used to create/modify this files probably I was able to make the cb radio go in the right position.

I hope this help fix this bug and if the developers want me to help with that just tell me whats the software to modify this files.

Thanks for the efforts to make the mod and the community better everyday

• Woah! 1

21 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

ShawnCZek has been a massive help in developing fixes/features for the mod, indeed. As for mwl4, I don't think there is a need to worry about the future of TruckersMP right now. mwl4 has been doing this for over six years and doesn't intend to stop any time soon. Yes, it's unfortunate he cannot commit more time to it to get updates out faster, but that doesn't mean he's quitting. It's a case of prioritising real life commitments on top of the project, which everyone in the team is entitled and encouraged to do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1