1.38 Development Update

Digital

Hello there,
please take your time. It's better when everything goes well afterwards, than when you have to fix everything.
I like to wait and am very grateful that there is a possibility to drive ETS and ATS in multiplayer mode.
You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Totally understand! As a dev as well (not for TMP, for other products), I can relate to the task of updating a plugin or mod after code has changed or added some stuff.

Keep of the great work, mwl4, and the rest of the team supporting the progress and the TMP mod itself! 

• Like 1

Thank you digital for the post..
Question: Why is mwl4 still the only person porting? Why doesnt he get some in to the team that can help him? maybe another friend of his he can trust with the code (as i understand that the security of the code is one of his high priority so nobody forks tmp).. And on that question.. what will he and the team do if scs puts more and more stuff ingame thats slows it so much down that he cant possible finish before the next patch comes?? Did he think about that yet? is there a plan? or do we than just have to always play on downgraded version??

i would appreciate an answer to that, and pls dont get me as hostile, im just very very curios about that and worry about tmp a little.
btw. if you need to you may contact me if for any reason you have a question about my questions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

sysp-73354.png

23 minutes ago, sgpch1983 said:

Thank you digital for the post..
Question: Why is mwl4 still the only person porting? Why doesnt he get some in to the team that can help him? maybe another friend of his he can trust with the code (as i understand that the security of the code is one of his high priority so nobody forks tmp).. And on that question.. what will he and the team do if scs puts more and more stuff ingame thats slows it so much down that he cant possible finish before the next patch comes?? Did he think about that yet? is there a plan? or do we than just have to always play on downgraded version??

i would appreciate an answer to that, and pls dont get me as hostile, im just very very curios about that and worry about tmp a little.
btw. if you need to you may contact me if for any reason you have a question about my questions.

It probably comes down to an answer as simple as.... nobody else on the team is willing to learn/do that kind of work for free. And I highly doubt enough people donate to TMP to spread any kind of wealth what so ever. I don't know much about the inner workings of TMP but in my experience with any kind of modding..... even small updates can require dozens of man hours and larger updates will require hundreds, and occasionally thousands of man hours. So I am assuming the updates are being done by the one guy who does this simply because he enjoys this type of work.... while the rest probably would not be motivated enough without money. 

• Confused 2

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Have you considered making the TruckersMP source code available as a collaborative project on GitHub? It would allow more devs to contribute to the project and allow users to enjoy new updates and features faster. I'm sure it would also allow mwl4 to get some of his personal life back ;)

What's the TMP team's opinion on this?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Digital said:

Right now, only the lead developer 'mwl4' has the knowledge, skills, and tools to prepare the port from 1.37 to 1.38.

Surely he can't be the only person who knows what they are doing, someone somewhere in this community must know how it works ( theres a whole area on the forum people talk about coding ). Besides he can't be our saviour forever, like rootkiller aka eryk hes gonna call it at some point ( people move on ).

Thank you very much for the information, we know the work behind each update, the whole community values and supports the work of the developers, and there is nothing left but to be patient and wait for the best 1.38 version.

the sweet wait...

greetings to all! ?

• Like 1

LEITO-FORO.png

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛᴇ ᴅᴇ ᴊᴜɢᴀᴅᴏʀᴇꜱ: https://truckersmp.com/reports

ᴀᴘᴇʟᴀᴄɪóɴ ᴅᴇ ʙᴀɴꜱ : https://truckersmp.com/appeals

ʀᴇɢʟᴀꜱ ᴅᴇʟ ᴊᴜᴇɢᴏ: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/82688-truckersmp-rules-spanish-reglas-de-truckersmp-español-05082020/