Red Lights | What do you do?

Hyperfinity

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there, 

Since this seems to be an interesting topic, I might just add my opinion as well.

I do actually love realism, meaning I would stop in cities like Dusseldorf, Dortmund or any other city that is usually more crowded.
However, if I am driving in cities like Manchester in the United Kingdom where there is literally no one in your tab list, I might just run the red light as well, depending on my mood I guess. ?

Whenever I drive in-game, I always stop at red lights in ETS2 irrespective of location in order to get the most out of the simulation experience in the game, the same goes for ATS, however, I may occasionally do a right turn on red in ATS after stopping behind the line and checking for others, as right turns on red are permitted at most intersections in the United States.  

Besides the right turn on red exception, I only run red lights during convoys, as it's relatively harmless due to the fact that there's only one direction you can go in those events and you have to keep up with the other participants at all times. 

What I'd like to know is why some people get so offended if you do stop in this situation? As I said, out of habit I always stop at red lights. The only real exception is at the fake intersections (blocked off by artificial barriers).

But people will honk their daylights out at me if they pull up behind me and I'm stopped. They'll even give me a little nudge from behind or just speed by me swearing at me in all different languages.

I'm literally just following the driving laws that have been hammered into my head for 20 years lol

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

I make it a goal to stop at every red light, even if both sides are the "X" borders. I'm never in that much of a rush, so why not let the simulation have it's part. But I also understand why some would run those types! ?

Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.

On 8/22/2020 at 6:59 PM, Nobody Knows said:

If there is no other truck around that I can damage, I continue. Why should I stop and waste time?If there is no other truck around that I can damage, I continue. Why should I stop and waste time?:LUL:

I've had a few encounters with staff members, who were not showing up on the nav map or in the TAB list, or both, therefore, when I see red light, stop or yield signs, I stop or slow down and look both ways with my own eyes.

Only red lights I ignore, are those roadside construction sites where one lane is blocked, since these are red/green at the same time on both ends, still I don't go full speed thru, but slow down and make sure nobody is coming opposite way.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, Granite said:

I've had a few encounters with staff members, who were not showing up on the nav map or in the TAB list, or both, therefore, when I see red light, stop or yield signs, I stop or slow down and look both ways with my own eyes.

Only red lights I ignore, are those roadside construction sites where one lane is blocked, since these are red/green at the same time on both ends, still I don't go full speed thru, but slow down and make sure nobody is coming opposite way.

Staffs can be seen on the map even if admin login is open. This prevents accidents in the way you give an example. The reason you have such an accident may be due to insufficient computer or internet.

However, if you experience such situations frequently, it will be more advantageous to slow down and control it with your own eyes. If your system features allow you to record screens, I recommend you to record. You can easily prove such misunderstandings, if you get a ban you have a chance to remove it. ?

You just think you know. Much more than meets the eye!  

Hello there!

I like to keep the signal.
Whether the game moderator is watching or not, I will keep the signal.

I hope you liked this answer!

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

run, run, run run run

Unless I'm in Duisburg

Where I stop at both red and green because I can't move what so ever lol

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Archived