Red Lights | What do you do?

Hyperfinity

So, your driving to your destination, to deliver your cargo. And your making good speed. On the way however, you go through a city. The city is completely empty of players. Yet, a red light is ahead. What do you do? Run the light to continue to make good time and speed, and since there's no on there, it does not matter? Or, are you morally inclined to stop? Perhaps a moderator is watching?

What do you do? 

spacer.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pillow said:

Run the light as everyone is allowed to, as long as there is no one around. Regardless of a Moderator watching you, you're allowed to run lights if there's no one around. ;) 

Thank You for the information. I was just wondering if there was anyone that was morally inclined to stop. :)

spacer.png

Some traffic lights are completely pointless in the multiplayer aspect of the game, especially the ones where both of the other roads are just floating XXX barriers. In singleplayer, AI will come out of those intersections but they'll always be empty online. Of course, when you run a red light, you are doing so at your own risk, but it's only going to get you in trouble if someone else was put in danger or damaged.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

5 hours ago, BrunoPelogia said:

IF the intersection is at the "corner" of said city,(meaning that part of it is blocked with XXXX) i would go trough.

These can be tricky though, if it's a 2-lane street, when only way through the intersection is left turn/right turn. While it is almost always perfectly possible for 2 trucks to pass each other, many people will not pay attention and cut the corner, or end up in the opposite direction and block or hit the other player, of course whover was running red light will be held responsible.

There are also some tricky signaled intersections in ATS, where it's easy to mess up, and end up running red light or in the wrong direction, when you haven't seen them before, namely single-point urban interchanges and divergent diamond interchanges, which can be found in the last 4 dlc states.

In my opinion because I like playing it like real life respecting all traffic rules and obeying them it makes the experience a lot nicer for me(moving the camera to see if the road is clear etc..) 

last year I would completely run red lights no matter if there were any player near by and just go full speed but now that I am learning to drive In real life i'm taking it slow and steady :wub:

But yeah everybody is different and do different things.

I normally stop at red traffic lights, as well STOP signs, even tho the city is empty, but sometimes I don't. As Aragon said,

On 8/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, Aragon said:

Some traffic lights are completely pointless in the multiplayer aspect of the game, especially the ones where both of the other roads are just floating XXX barriers. 

there are traffic lights that don't have any use. So I drive, even tho it is red, but sometimes I just want to keep the Simulation effect and stop.

I only run red light if the intersection has only one way to go. There's at least one such intersection in Calais and London. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

When am entering city's that have red lights and no one or very little  (around 2 or 3 players that are parked and not moving) about I tend to go through them, but before continuing on through a red light I tend to slow down a bit and make some quick checks in case someone ever comes racing out of no where or if theres a staff member driving about but has their group displayed, so they are not viable on tab.

By doing these checks allows me to take evasive action if required. Or to come to a complete stop just before I cross the 1st set of traffic lights. However, I normally tend to oblige by traffic rules when people are around.

TBH, what others said, that when the lgihts are useless, and the road is basically just bent why would I stop? I always take the turns carefully, and never crashed into someone, neither someone into me. Even in Duisburg. I don't even use turn signals in these areas, becouse I just take it as a regulat curve in the road. However, if I just go in an empty city it depends on my mood.

Archived