More Players

frost2921

So I was playing ETS2MP for over 6 months now and since I started playing I have never seen the servers to be full(Always like 2000 players to 3000 players daily).It kinda feels lonely to ride along the europe and meet player once in 5 minutes or so, sometimes even rarely(not counting the C-D and surroundings. So I was lately wondering how could we bring more players to the multiplayer how could the servers be filled up daily and maybe have even servers with bigger capacity of like 10k people so that you wouldn't be so lonely while driving solo. Sadly I didn't come up with anything good or useful so I am asking here in the forums for other's opinion on this topic, this thing about amount of players. How could we bring more players? And is your point of view same or different as mine?

Hey,

I can see your side of this however I do disagree. I often see quite a decent number of drivers on my journeys but that could all fall into what timezone you're in too as the community in that area may not possibly be as large as you thought. I highly recommend joining the TMP Discord by either clicking HERE or the "Discord" button at the top of this page.

There are different servers that have different busy areas such as the Calais - Duisburg road on Simulation 1.

Check out the map to see where are hotspot areas so you can plan your routes via them - https://ets2map.com/

Hey,

Unfortunately there can't be many players in every city. 
And your idea about having a server with a capacity of 10k slots wouldn't be really helpful either. I don't often see more than 7k people playing TruckersMP (including ATS and Sim2, as well as other servers) at a friday or saturday evening.
ETS2 is unfortunately not as popular and therefore not possible to see people everywhere like you would in the Singleplayer. 
Though there are areas with many people. For example cities around Duisburg and Calais. 
If you want to see people on your journey, I would suggest driving within that area. 
Driving trough (for example) areas in "Scandinavia" or "Road to the Black Sea" will most likely lower your chance of seeing many other people.

Hey,

I do not fully agree with the things you said.
First of all, it very much depends on what server you are playing on, there are servers that regularly have a low number of players and there are servers where the number of players is high and is on a fixed average of a few thousand for a few hours.

I personally play server #1 and meet dozens of players on the roads, even when places are far away. In the middle of the night and early in the morning there are usually not many players, because people go to work or sleep - towards noon there are a lot of people.

I think the community is growing and evolving every day. There are always things to improve but the bottom line is that the community and the people who are in it and take part in the team are very high quality and in such a situation the community will continue to grow every day and in time we will see more people playing on all servers :) 

It highly depends on the time of day and where you are driving.

As long as you stay in the more attractive parts of the map like western and northern Europe you'll see pretty much constant players from late morning to early evening IRL time. But the eastern/southeastern parts of Europe are generally more unpopulated at all times. People don't seem to be attracted to those regions as much and therefor not many own those DLCs. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Archived