Tuning pack lights and other players

TonyFycus

Hello,

This month I bought the Mighty Griffin tuning pack and the FH tuning pack also the heavy cargo DLC. These DLCs come with extra lights, for instance new taillights, headlights and beacon lights. I noticed that people without the DLC will not see the content and that seems normal, you can't force people to buy a DLC (eg. trailers with generic texture are displayed if for instance Schwartzmuller dlc missing).

What happens with lights if the dlc is missing? I have the heavy cargo beacon mounted on my Volvo FH16 and also the DLC headlights and taillights. The grill is not displayed to other players who don't have the tuning pack, but how are lights like the led lights on the grill, the strobe LEDs, the dlc headlights and taillights rendered?

Lights are a very important part of signaling and visibility in traffic. How does TMP deal with players who don't have the dlc in order to display lights? Do they render non-DLC lights as a replacement for those players?

I can't say for sure how it works now, casue I own every dlc, but it used to and probably still works like you say for the most parts.

What I have seen in some videos included missing front grilles and other cabin parts with exposed holes in the model, but also completely missing tail lights on truck and also dlc trailers - which were actually replaced by some hideous low detail model with no lights and weird textures.

For the beacons and strobe lights that come with heavy cargo dlc, I guess those are just invisible, non-dlc parts, like small lights, horns and beacons installed on dlc roofbars or bullbars will probably appear floating in air?

Now that FH tunning pack also comes with headlights, which are only dlc headlights customization at the moment, if those are installed then the truck appear without any headlights? I would be interested to know how this si handled too.

I gotta join granite there, I cannot say it either since I own everything (including flag paintjobs) for both games.

The best way to find out is by grabbing a friend who does not posess these DLCs and asking him if he can see can at least see lights floating in the air.

My question is if people do not see it if it still will be allowed to use them

I usually play with my friend who doesn't own any DLCs. 

Players without the specific DLC(s) will not be able to see the tuning parts, I have an entire grille setup for my Scania that's from the Mighty Griffin DLC and to him my grille is just a literal black hole. And yes the lights will be floating - something similar to the tailights on the Krone DLC trailers.

Besides, it wouldn't be a good idea to remove lights included in DLC packs because then it would be unreasonable & dangerous, you get what I mean?

Hello @TonyFycus,

how my previous speaker said, only peole with the same dlc can see your lights.

If you don't have this dlc, you can only see the most necessaey bulbs, such as brake lights or turn signals.

Have a nice evening and drive safe! :)

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would agree with removing the dlc lights if you are in the stock areas of the map, however in Promods and DLC areas, I feel confident that those around me either have the required DLC or are serious enough about the game to not rely on the presence of strobe lights. 

Regards, 

Quality_Productions 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

Archived