Switching between SP and MP?

DIESELJC

Question

New member and am getting the MP set up. Everything went fine but trying to go back to SP via Steam it now wants to download an additional 1GB each time I switch between 1.37 and 1.38. Is there a work around for this or do I just have to stick with one or the other? Any help would be appreciated!

DieselJC

8 answers to this question

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in contact with us via the forum! My name is Stubborn and I'll try to get your problem solved :)

So, currently TruckersMP only supports 1.37 and not 1.38, so you can only use TruckersMP on the 1.37 game version. There is no work around for this as this is the only version of the game(s) we support, hopefully we will give support for the new game version soon, however, there is no ETA for this, so please remain patient. 

For the meantime, if you want to keep playing between SP and MP, I recommend you keep separate profiles so you don't have to roll back x amount of saves/auto-saves each time you go back to MP. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't be afraid to ask, we are all here to help! ❤️ 

Best Wishes,

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support

• Like 1

Yeah it kept downloading 1GB of "updates" each time I swapped from MP to SP. I've had the game just a week and been using the keyboard in SP and didn't want to go into MP until my wheel came in and I was proficient with it as I've done alot of Sim Racing in years past and know whats its like to have someone trying to drive with a keyboard. Hopefully the wheel will be in this week and I will have my "buttonbox/dashbox" built by then. Until then I'll stick with SP until I'm more comfortable. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

JC

• Like 1

Hello there, @DIESELJC

Have you received the answer you were looking for, given by our fellow Support member Stubborn__? 

The confirmation of the status of your issue helps us always keep our forum organized! 

I await your return. 

Sincerely,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

8 hours ago, SarahMaddy said:

Hello there, @DIESELJC

Have you received the answer you were looking for, given by our fellow Support member Stubborn__? 

The confirmation of the status of your issue helps us always keep our forum organized! 

I await your return. 

Sincerely,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Support

Yes was answered above at this time no work around for switching between MP and SP...Thanks!

I've been doing the following to play both multiplayer & single player of different versions for several years: (works for both ETS2 and ATS)

Step 1: Make sure you have enough hard drive space (5-10GB) on a disk drive.

Step 2: Downgrade ATS / ETS2 to version 1.37 (the currently supported version in TMP).
   Step 2A: To do this, open Steam, right click ATS / ETS2, go to "Properties", click on the "Betas" tab, select the 1.37 version. Steam will begin downloading & installing the files.

Step 3: Once ATS / ETS2 has been downgraded to the current supported TMP version, navigate to the Steam library folder (looks something like this: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common and copy the ATS / ETS2 folder. Then paste it somewhere you can easily find (I placed my copy in the root folder (D:)

Step 4: Download the TMP mod and when it asks you where ATS / ETS2 is located point it to the folder you pasted in Step 3. NOT the Steam library folder.

Step 5: You can now upgrade your ATS / ETS2 Steam version back to the current version, in this case 1.38
   Step 5A: To do this, open Steam, right click ATS / ETS2, go to "Properties", click on the "Betas" tab, select: "Opt out of all betas". Steam will begin downloading and installing files.

I recommend just starting a new profile for your TMP sessions, starting over fresh. Once TMP updates to 1.38, repeat this process from Step 3. In this way you can play multiplayer AND single player, at your choosing.

21 hours ago, KublaKhan said:

I've been doing the following to play both multiplayer & single player of different versions for several years: (works for both ETS2 and ATS)

Step 1: Make sure you have enough hard drive space (5-10GB) on a disk drive.

Step 2: Downgrade ATS / ETS2 to version 1.37 (the currently supported version in TMP).
   Step 2A: To do this, open Steam, right click ATS / ETS2, go to "Properties", click on the "Betas" tab, select the 1.37 version. Steam will begin downloading & installing the files.

Step 3: Once ATS / ETS2 has been downgraded to the current supported TMP version, navigate to the Steam library folder (looks something like this: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common and copy the ATS / ETS2 folder. Then paste it somewhere you can easily find (I placed my copy in the root folder (D:)

Step 4: Download the TMP mod and when it asks you where ATS / ETS2 is located point it to the folder you pasted in Step 3. NOT the Steam library folder.

Step 5: You can now upgrade your ATS / ETS2 Steam version back to the current version, in this case 1.38
   Step 5A: To do this, open Steam, right click ATS / ETS2, go to "Properties", click on the "Betas" tab, select: "Opt out of all betas". Steam will begin downloading and installing files.

I recommend just starting a new profile for your TMP sessions, starting over fresh. Once TMP updates to 1.38, repeat this process from Step 3. In this way you can play multiplayer AND single player, at your choosing.

I'll give that a shot thanks very much!

JC

Hello there, :) 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hello there, :) 

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

Beenz.

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️