PM Blocking by ID

Suggestion Name: Block Private Messages by ID

Suggestion Description: As some encountered (also I) that players wont stop PMing you you have to block pms with /blockpm, unfortunately, it also blocks MSGs from friends you are driving with. I'd suggest for this like /blockpm [ID], so you can decide if you want to block all players or just the given one. (As soon as the player leaves, the ID will be deleted, the player not).

Any example images: n/a

Why should it be added?: It should be added so you can block PMs playerwise and can continue chatting with the friend you are running with and don't have the annoying messages from another player (as example because you reported him)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

• 5 months later...
  • Game Producer

We have discussed this internally in 2020. It is very hard to do this and would require a lot of time from our Developers. Though, it is something which could be beneficial. 

Question is, how would this work? If you /blockpm 123, how long should ID 123 be blocked? Forever, or until the player leaves the server? If the player returns with a different ID, then he won't be blocked anymore. 

Well, I'd thought about doing this, if I block 123 and his TMPID is 456, the Server/Client would check, if the player rejoins with a different ID, the TMPID is still the same (456) - so the player can't DM me, even if he rejoins.
The Blocking Duration should be as long as I am ingame and will be "cleared" after the MP Session.

• Like 1

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, Smoky said:

We have discussed this internally in 2020. It is very hard to do this and would require a lot of time from our Developers. Though, it is something which could be beneficial. 

Question is, how would this work? If you /blockpm 123, how long should ID 123 be blocked? Forever, or until the player leaves the server? If the player returns with a different ID, then he won't be blocked anymore. 

In my opinion, it should be for a undefined amount of time. it would remain blocked until you "unbanned" that specific person. The blocked person would be blocked by their TruckersMP Id, and not the temporary server Id. This way, the ban wouldn't be temporary. It would also be cool to be able to inactive your PM system for some amount of time. Some of the options could be: Until my next session, for 30 min, etc.

Also, I think this post should be moved from Patron discussion to the open for suggestion in-game suggestions sub forum, It would make more sense.

Kind regards,

Azuly

PS: I'm not sure if this Quote will ping you or not. If it does, I am sorry. I understand you are really busy.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

• 2 months later...
  • Game Producer

Accepted.

We will have:

/blockpm (you can not receive private messages from other players)

/blockpm 1 h (this will block all other players from sending you a private messages for 1 hour)

/blockpm 1234 (this will block the player with in-game ID 1234 from sending private messages to you, ever)

/blockpm 1234 1 h (this will block the player with in-game ID 1234 from sending private messages to you for 1 hour)

• Like 1