Get speed limit 150km

Kuzey Tek1noğlu

I got bored of being unable to do one single job in MP without heavy damage because of others, so I stopped playing MP and sent a suggestion

while at the time there was a europe 1 server limited to 110 with simulation people. why go to the europe 2 server limited to 150 when you just had to go to the simulation server and now you're rejecting us by telling us to go to an arcade server that doesn't suit us?

everyone was happy, we chose our degree of simulation by entering the different server with 110 if we wanted to play simulation type and 150 to have a little fun in our game. ets2 remains a simulation GAME the goal of a game is to have fun so why deprive us of it by regressing in server
in short you all broke THANKS A LOT

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, guilhem said:

while at the time there was a europe 1 server limited to 110 with simulation people. why go to the europe 2 server limited to 150 when you just had to go to the simulation server and now you're rejecting us by telling us to go to an arcade server that doesn't suit us?

everyone was happy, we chose our degree of simulation by entering the different server with 110 if we wanted to play simulation type and 150 to have a little fun in our game. ets2 remains a simulation GAME the goal of a game is to have fun so why deprive us of it by regressing in server

I quite do not understand why you refuse to use the arcade server, as according to your preferences and opinion it would perfectly suit you:

# you want to drive faster than the actual speed limit, which is met by the increased speed limit of 150 km/h, and

# you regard both simulators as games, which is met by the decreased realism aspect of non-collision.

What is it that you and your kind keeps you away from the arcade server?

2 hours ago, guilhem said:

At the time, we had 3 options: Be alone, be rammed in every single job or don't play MP. Each player chose what they thought was best.

Now we have 3 options: Speed limit, no speed limit or don't play MP. Each player chooses what they think is best.

I know that what you would like is "Simulation 1, no speed limits and collisions". Well, that's not an option. You still have 3 others to choose from.

On 7/30/2020 at 2:33 AM, THE ROCK - PT said:

Its not about luck , its about the limit of the truck and your limit , most of my jobs are with htc for example , plus just because others cant drive well at certains speeds doesnt mean me and the rest have to be stick to a certain speed , its very simple , you cant drive fast you dont drive fast , dont limit others because of the lack of skills of others.

Than use the arcade server.  Why do the sim players need to be punished with reckless speeding drivers?

It's been said many times by many different people but the issue here isn't actually speed, it's collisions.  You players don't want to speed and drive recklessly if you can't have big, glitchy accidents; otherwise that arcade server would be filled and the sim server would be like EU1 was.

Sure,

ETS and ATS are simulator games of driving trucks.

In reality, the trucks don't drive that fast either.

We all know the times, when it was still possiblle to drive at 190 km/h via the server, but that has nothing to do with realism.

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, in my case I agree with the majotity of opinions here. Increase the speed limit will make the game more preoblematic, specially for those (like me) who travel between 90 and 110 km/h and enjoy the ride with an empty trailer or a light cargo with friends. But what I see here is a little misunderstanding in what the creator of this thread (sorry but your name is a little difficult) wants to say. He wants to, at least, increase the speed limit on less populated areas (out of the "zone" of: Calais, Duisburg, Rotterdam, Brussel, Lille, Amsterdam). What I'm seeing here is that lot of people understand that the idea is increase the speed limit of all TMP (this is what I understood). Anyways I've a neutral opinion. I think that 110 km/h it's OK for populated roads. but, I agree that in some cases, it's a little boring in large, straight and empty roads. But I can say that because I can control such speeds. Obviously the truth is that there're a some players that can't control their braking and make lives impossible for those players that do the things well. So in conclussion, I say that the game needs to stay like now.

2 hours ago, Juαn.Cruz Σ #00 said:

He wants to, at least, increase the speed limit on less populated areas (out of the "zone" of: Calais, Duisburg, Rotterdam, Brussel, Lille, Amsterdam). What I'm seeing here is that lot of people understand that the idea is increase the speed limit of all TMP (this is what I understood). Anyways I've a neutral opinion. I think that 110 km/h it's OK for populated roads. but, I agree that in some cases, it's a little boring in large, straight and empty roads.

(I can't seem to find your name with the @ method)

I don't think that would really solve any issue though.  While C-D road is the popular hotspot it's not been the only one, Bergen to Oslo comes to mind. If we allowed higher speed limits on other areas of the maps most drivers would probably just migrate to one set road where they can speed and drive recklessly.

If TMP could find a way to tie the speed limiter in with the nearby players list that could possibly work, than any area that has more than a couple trucks wouldn't become a death zone, but I'm assuming that's far to difficult to code or program in.

12 hours ago, TheCanadianTrucker said:

(I can't seem to find your name with the @ method)

I don't think that would really solve any issue though.  While C-D road is the popular hotspot it's not been the only one, Bergen to Oslo comes to mind. If we allowed higher speed limits on other areas of the maps most drivers would probably just migrate to one set road where they can speed and drive recklessly.

If TMP could find a way to tie the speed limiter in with the nearby players list that could possibly work, than any area that has more than a couple trucks wouldn't become a death zone, but I'm assuming that's far to difficult to code or program in.

You're right. I mean, any road can have eventually a lot of people, so if that zone it's not affected by the speed limiter, it could be dangerous for the people who drive well and want to have a good time. So it would need a more complex system that puts the speed limiter at zones where the amount of players is higher than X (a desired number of players).

But well, I see this like an unnecesary effort. 

The problem of speed and racing that some players take to the issue is something that has been coming for a long time, and especially before creating SIM 1 or Arcade; because when they were EU1 and EU 2 some players were flying as was NFS or LeMans in their trucks and Skodas; so one could make 3 decisions before entering the MP: play in EU2 knowing that death was a risk and something secured in the C-D; play in THE 1st but feel lonely and + alone or rightly not enter the MP. 

I arrived in the last of when the limit was the 150s and it was total chaos, with the C-D made a race track the admins did not give bastos in vacation times, and the only option was that of the current system, but neither ah was the best as everyone knows here, since since the use of up to 110 km/hr began, some players were shown that they could not control their trucks let alone their Skodas, so if they exist evidence that it is bad to have a limit of 150...these exist; but it is true that sometimes when one must make burdens to faraway places one is alone and going to 110 km/hr usually becomes uncomfortable, but it is a matter of safety of a majority, since in crowded areas increase the limits is to play with fire; and if you sums the theme that some give as an option to "raise the boundaries" in uncrowded areas... those same areas over time will be full as many "players" will want to make their own version of F1 with trucks or in areas that are DLC that are more than perfect to run will become popular for the same reason.

It is not a good idea according to me to do a zone ranking by player turnout as those rankings should be very periodic their review to maintain a relevant order and to prevent the usual problems from forming; what I can think of so I can make some have their "speed plus" is to do some classification by Prohibitions or kicks of TMP servers, which would consist of how many times the same player has been kicked or banned from the servers, and thus make a ranking from the most problematic that would be with a maximum equal to the WOT jobs, while the best players do not have a limit or if they have to be the maximum of 150 km/hr; so that respect for the rules and good coexistence with others can be strengthened.

On 7/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You forgot one type of players
- The persons who will go as fast as they can with no skills or interest to handle those speeds safely and will destroy many other players game time.

This is the reason why speed limits can't be raised. If they were, they would be for everyone, the people who can handle the speed and the ones who can't. Sadly, there are too many of the latter. Some can't even drive safely at 110 Km/h and this doesn't stop them from going pedal to the metal all of the time, they'd do exactly the same at 150 Km/h, only they'd be way more dangerous to others than now.

I disagree that we should be forced to have the speed limit so low just because of these troublemakers.

Best solution would be to raise speed limit, and increase punishment to the bad drivers.

Even better.... force slower speed limits on drivers with bans, instead of on everybody.

I will agree that 110 is way too slow for 2/3rds of the community. But IMO if you can't handle yourself on a wide highway at 150 then you should be perma banned anyway. At 110 I can have my eyes closed for a full minute without hitting anything. That's excessively limited. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Why do you guys wanna drive 150 with a truck? Its a simulation game not a race game.

If you wanna race with your friends play Crew 2 or need for speed.

And still if you wanna race with your truck you can always go to the Arcade server.

And if it is boring to you just quit the game lol...

---------------United Cargo Logistics--------------

Feel free and apply at:

https://www.unitedcargovtc.com/

Or join our Discord

Rules  Feedback - Help - Bug Report

WorldOfTrucks

Proud TruckersMP Member

--

13 hours ago, MadCowTransport said:

I will agree that 110 is way too slow for 2/3rds of the community.

Where did you get that number? That's  jumping to conclusion based on several non-representative forum topics? Just browsing this topic, it seems that's just a wild guess.

13 hours ago, MadCowTransport said:

At 110 I can have my eyes closed for a full minute without hitting anything. That's excessively limited.

I bet you can't, that's just boasting, which you can never prove. And at 150km/h, split second decisions scenarios, prone to end up in failure, are even more common. I tried driving a route at +150km/h, yeah it is managable, but you know the drill - cutting bends on motorways, locking up brakes, driving on two wheels around corners, that's just the part of it, but it's one of those Murphy's laws, that you will meet oncomming or slow traffic always in turns, bends and junctions. Most people just fail even with 110km/h limit, I see that non-stop.

Excessively limited? I would say, it's still pretty generous, 

11 hours ago, WaRLoeK [NL] said:

Neden bir kamyonla 150 araba sürmek istiyorsun? Bu bir simülasyon oyunu değil bir yarış oyunu.

Arkadaşlarınızla yarışmak istiyorsanız Mürettebat 2'yi oynayın veya hıza ihtiyacınız var.

Ve yine de kamyonunuzla yarışmak istiyorsanız her zaman Arcade sunucusuna gidebilirsiniz.

Ve eğer sıkıcı ise lol oyundan çıkın ...

I want you to do the same thing, just like I respect everyone's opinions and their opinions. If something I want bothers you, you can only tell your opinion, but you can't tell me what to do.

Besides, I have no intention of competing. The Duisburg-Calais road can remain at a fixed speed limit of 110km. What I want is to increase the speed limit of other empty roads. If you still don't understand, you don't have to write anything.

I'm playing this mod since it's first minutes,and i honestly got tired of getting rammmed into oblivion by people doing the speeds that you are asking for.You have no idea the amout of chaos that i dealth with since i logged the first time.Devs of this mod tried several times to remove and add speed limits on the road(it was limited to 90KM/H at some point) with various results,and now we  have the options of logging in the  arcade servers and drive at 900KM/H or go into the simulation servers and do you know...realistic simulated things. 

What is impeding you to go on the arcade servers anyway? 

and a side note: i THINK i know why you made this topic at first place;) 

19 hours ago, Karavul said:

I want you to do the same thing, just like I respect everyone's opinions and their opinions. If something I want bothers you, you can only tell your opinion, but you can't tell me what to do.

Yet that's something you speeding drivers have been doing to the sim players for years.  Any time a post was made in the past complaining about a speeding user the response from you kids was "Well go play Single Player" or "Go to EU1".  Well guess what, now the situation is reversed.  Want to speed?  Go play single player or the arcade server.

19 hours ago, Karavul said:

Besides, I have no intention of competing. The Duisburg-Calais road can remain at a fixed speed limit of 110km. What I want is to increase the speed limit of other empty roads. If you still don't understand, you don't have to write anything.

We understand plenty, you seem to be missing the point.  It doesn't matter if you increase the limit elsewhere, it will just cause the C-D players to migrate and we'll be back where we started with speeding kids crashing everywhere.  Just because you (think you can) drive well doesn't mean you actually can or that everyone can.  Not to mention the various tech/hardware issues that make higher speeds unreliable:  more work for the server to track and properly update player positions, players using reduced draw distance settings would have less reaction time for a speeding vehicle, etc.  

Fact of the matter is intentional rammers need to get reported and banned.... and IMO the ban policy is a bit too lenient. THAT is the problem.

The problem is NOT going "too fast." If they're not TRYING to ram you then you can usually always at least pull to the shoulder and give extra space if you see them being sheisty in your mirror/on the map. If they still hit you even when you take precautions it is usually always intentionally, regardless of the speeds

I know usually I'm with the sim-side of the community but when it comes to this I think the limit could stand to be a LITTLE higher at least. Sorry guys, not trying to disappoint ya ;) This is really the one area I think could stand to be a little more "gamey"

But really, if allowing somewhat faster speeds will bring in another few hundred to a thousand active players, which I believe it would... then it's definitely worth it. And frankly changes such as lower speed limits combined with us having to rely completely on the web site reporting system, never being able to rely on the in-game system.... just kind of paints the picture of admins not wanting to spend as much time enforcing anti-ramming rules. I'm not saying that is the case, but a lot of people do have that opinion because of all of this. (Personally I highly respect them)

I would be willing to support a gesture that perhaps the speed limit is too "blanketed" and could be increased just for long stretches of easy road/highway. Does that mean a responsible driver like myself is going to blast through everywhere I can at max speeds? Probably not. But it irks me that we USED to have a perfect speed limit that was somewhat more flexible and now what we have is an annoyance to more than just a tiny minority of players.

Punish and restrict the violators and reward the good drivers. Don't take the high school route of "one kid was bad, so you all get detention"

Now excuse me while I dodge the fire and brimstone that may be coming my way :P Don't worry, I'm still primarily a sim guy ❤️ 

On 8/4/2020 at 7:57 AM, Granite said:

I bet you can't, that's just boasting, which you can never prove. And at 150km/h, split second decisions scenarios, prone to end up in failure, are even more common. I tried driving a route at +150km/h, yeah it is managable, but you know the drill - cutting bends on motorways, locking up brakes, driving on two wheels around corners, that's just the part of it, but it's one of those Murphy's laws, that you will meet oncomming or slow traffic always in turns, bends and junctions. Most people just fail even with 110km/h limit, I see that non-stop.

Excessively limited? I would say, it's still pretty generous, 

It would truly be a fun challenge to test this out with me sometime. New community event perhaps? Who can drive blind the longest without wrecking? ;)

Don't take it personal man. Just the way I see it. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Some people can't even properly drive their trucks at 110km/h, setting a 150 speed limit will just make things horribly worse.:kappa:(And I'm not even talking about crazy trolls :ph34r:)

Road may sometimes be boring without AI, but we gotta deal with it (or play SP). If you really want to drive fast, choose the arcade server. Or do some simracing, just like me ;) 

On 8/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, Beenz. said:

I'll disagree, this is indeed a simulation game therefor the speeds should be lowered to actual road speeds that are posted not increased. 

I usually drive at 80kph, my leg controlling the wheel while I'm watching YT or listening to the radio. I can only agree with you, 110kph isn't realistic at all :kappa:

2 hours ago, Lowry said:

i think it should be raised for 150 kmh for all roads, if theyre really that desperate for "simulation" then make it so you cant physically exceed 90 kmh like with external contracts, people dont play arcade because you will never see a living soul on other servers

Don't speak for everyone that fast :ph34r:I personnally never go on Arcade server simply because I always drive realistically. Why should I play on a server without a speed limit, if I never exceed 80-90kph ? Doesn't make any sense to me. :kappa:

On 8/5/2020 at 9:05 PM, TheCanadianTrucker said:

Yine de bu, sürücülerin yıllardır sim oyuncularına yaptığı bir şey. Geçmişte hız yapan bir kullanıcı hakkında şikayette bulunan bir gönderi yapıldığında, siz çocuklardan gelen yanıt "Pekala, Tek Oyunculu oyna" veya "EU1'e Git" şeklindeydi. Bil bakalım ne oldu, şimdi durum tersine döndü. Hızlanmak mı istiyorsunuz? Tek oyunculu veya atari sunucusunu oynayın.

Çok anlıyoruz, asıl noktayı kaçırıyorsun. Sınırı başka bir yerde artırmanızın bir önemi yok, bu sadece CD çalarların taşınmasına neden olacak ve her yerde hızla çarpan çocukları hızlandırarak başladığımız yere geri döneceğiz. İyi sürebileceğinizi düşünmeniz (yapabileceğinizi düşünmeniz), gerçekten yapabileceğiniz veya herkesin yapabileceği anlamına gelmez. Daha yüksek hızları güvenilmez kılan çeşitli teknoloji / donanım sorunlarından bahsetmiyorum bile: sunucunun oyuncu konumlarını izlemesi ve doğru şekilde güncellemesi için daha fazla iş, azaltılmış çekme mesafesi ayarlarını kullanan oyuncuların hızlanan bir araç için daha az tepki süresi olacaktır, vb.  

Are you trying to tell me there were no accidents in the game?

I'm on D-C Road every day, and accidents happen, and everyone hits each other, so you can't finish accidents by lowering the speed limit, you can't finish the trolls in the game.

22 hours ago, Karavul said:

Are you trying to tell me there were no accidents in the game?

I'm on D-C Road every day, and accidents happen, and everyone hits each other, so you can't finish accidents by lowering the speed limit, you can't finish the trolls in the game.

It seems to be a misconception to believe that accidents just happen.
As a matter of fact, accidents (as well as everything else) always have a cause, be it something, somebody, and/ or combinations of them.

Archived