Get speed limit 150km

Kuzey Tek1noğlu

Why other roads, external to the Duisburg-Calais road, aren't drawn to the 150km speed limit. The long road is getting boring with 110km of speed. This game may be a simulation game, but not if you put the game in the same category as real life. Excessive speed in real life can get you out of your life. But there is no such thing in the game. Therefore, the speed limit of other roads, except the D-C Road, should be increased.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right, you want to go fast because there is no one on other roads.I agree with you too.There should also be a speed limit for Kirkenes. :D 
I think the speed limit can be lifted directly in other places.But sometimes I think:Why am I not playing NFS if I want to go fast?

Since this is a bit of a simulation game, it is not necessary.I still respect your opinion. :) 

Regards,
TruckersMP  POW&R

Why limit yourself, when you can already travel at 9000 km/h or any speed you like on servers that are designated for that, both vanilla and promods map. 

If you don't like simulation and are not enjoying yourself, why are you joining servers with "simulation" in their name. You need to play on "arcade" servers, where simulation is absolutely non-existent.

we don't want to go at 9000km / h but just a little more than the authorized speed like 150km / h
Since on the majority of the map there is no player and no AI this adds a feeling of extreme loneliness
When before the "road to simalation" project I drove at 150km / h to pass areas with few players and then 110 see 90 km: h in populated areas
there are several types of players
_the person who plays entirely simulation
_people who play like a racing game at 900km / h
_ players like me who like simulation but with a fun side by going a little faster so as not to spend the afternoon on the same jobs, but also respecting the traffic lanes, the priority and the main signs. category of players has been abandoned by truckersmp, we are forced to change our game mode and choose to reduce our speed to 110km / h by going to the simu server OR to maintain our speed habit or see it increase but in going to the player empty and collisionless arcade server.
Personally I got used to the speed of 110 / km / h but at times I miss the era of 150 km / h terribly ?

You forgot one type of players
- The persons who will go as fast as they can with no skills or interest to handle those speeds safely and will destroy many other players game time.

This is the reason why speed limits can't be raised. If they were, they would be for everyone, the people who can handle the speed and the ones who can't. Sadly, there are too many of the latter. Some can't even drive safely at 110 Km/h and this doesn't stop them from going pedal to the metal all of the time, they'd do exactly the same at 150 Km/h, only they'd be way more dangerous to others than now.

How many more of these pointless threads need to be opened before people will get the hint that TruckersMP do not want to raise the speed limit?

There is already a discussion going on right now about the speed limit:

You may not be bored when you drive 110km on the empty road. that's none of my business. We can't question it because everyone has different tastes. But going 110km on the empty road is really boring. I wanted to tell you what I think, whether you agree with me or not. The D-C Road can remain steady at 110km. But the speed limit for other roads should be 150km.If you still don't want to know what I'm saying, You don't have to write it. I would also like to say that the servers were more full in this game when there was no speed limit.

That's your opinion, if you don't want to hear reasons, that's your choice, in my opinion, at 150/kmh trucks become unguided missiles, no matter your driving skills or conrol method, and by the way, truck's and trailers are way less stable than back when there was no speed limit or 150km/h speed limit, due to physics changes  made by SCS.

I would like to see a video of you driving 150km/h, not in straigth line, route like C-D road or some winding motorway, and something like 20 ton load at least.

You can also check ETRC trucks - these are heavily modified racing semi trucks (they don't even have headlights) with 1200hp engines, and guess what, 160kmh speed limiter, because it's about maximum speed they remain somewhat managable.

trucks are easily controllable below 170 km / h
I drove so much at this speed before the limit that I know what I'm talking about
trailers lean in bends when the speed is too high, it is enough to brake
we don't want to go 150km / h without thinking
we want to go at 150km / h in a straight line or a slight turn
the new roads with the reconstruction of Germany with soft bends allow this driving

I would like to see a video of you driving 150km/h, not in straigth line, route like C-D road or some winding motorway, and something like 20 ton load at least.

so heavily
without truck modification or cheating this speed is almost unattainable

the subject is not
we want to go 100 miles an hour without braking.
but
we want to go at 150km/h when there is a possibility and when a wide road allows it

4 hours ago, คzzยгค said:

the subject is not
we want to go 100 miles an hour without braking.
but
we want to go at 150km/h when there is a possibility and when a wide road allows it

The subject is "Get Speed limit 150 Km/h". YOU want to go at 150 Km/h on THOSE conditions. OTHERS would go at 150 Km/h on ALL conditions. Do you really not see that? You can brake all you want when a sharp bend is nearby, but you will still be destroyed by some NFS kid who didn't even try to slow down. That is the problem. Too many NFS fans in MP that can not be allowed to do as they please. And the only way, so far, is by setting restrictive speed limits. For everyone, since they can't be set individually.

Speeding safely is an oxymoron in Simulation servers. That's why Arcade servers exist, players can speed all they want or can, but at least they are not a danger to others.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:18 PM, Karavul said:

Why other roads, external to the Duisburg-Calais road, aren't drawn to the 150km speed limit. The long road is getting boring with 110km of speed. This game may be a simulation game, but not if you put the game in the same category as real life. Excessive speed in real life can get you out of your life. But there is no such thing in the game. Therefore, the speed limit of other roads, except the D-C Road, should be increased.

Boring or not, the TruckersMP team stated several times that they will not increase the speed limit.

One of the reason of the reduced speed limit is that the TruckersMP team wants to emphasize the simulation aspect in their mod. Another reason is to reduce the number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

As driving skills vary a lot between players, not everyone is able to control his/ her vehicle at excessive speeds which consequently bears a higher risk of causing accidents with other players.

I suggest you give realistic truck speed limits a try and consider real driving time and rest periods during your journey.
It will likely change your experience for the better.

5 hours ago, คzzยгค said:

trucks are easily controllable below 170 km / h
I drove so much at this speed before the limit that I know what I'm talking about

I suggest lowering your stability settings and than we'll see if you still think this. 

5 hours ago, คzzยгค said:

trailers lean in bends when the speed is too high, it is enough to brake

If you're in the turn and your trailer's leaning too far over, you've already messed up.

It would be a funny experiment, for a week or so. Make a Simulation server without speed limits. But with all stabilities, suspensions and brake intensity locked at 0.0, no save-edits allowed (so trailers would have real weight instead of 1 ton locomotives) and an autokick for whoever spends more than X minutes without a trailer, cars completely forbidden, /fix command disabled. The amount of people who'd spend more time tipped over and having to F7 than actually driving would be epic. Then we would see how "safe" it is to drive trucks at high speeds.

I think it is very nice to prevent accidents and 110 is a very enjoyable ride. If you want a fast delivery, you can enter a server with 150 speed limit. XLondeR

On 7/23/2020 at 2:16 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It would be a funny experiment, for a week or so. Make a Simulation server without speed limits. But with all stabilities, suspensions and brake intensity locked at 0.0, no save-edits allowed (so trailers would have real weight instead of 1 ton locomotives) and an autokick for whoever spends more than X minutes without a trailer, cars completely forbidden, /fix command disabled. The amount of people who'd spend more time tipped over and having to F7 than actually driving would be epic. Then we would see how "safe" it is to drive trucks at high speeds.

I'd go even further and find a way to make it external contracts only.  I could only picture the amount of rage from these speeding drivers as they can't complete a single delivery.

Though I've got to say I'd disagree with the brake intensity being set to 0.  I can't really speak for the European trucks but the American style trucks I've driven have all been capable of stopping at a decent pace. Even with a heavy load on my truck I can stop within the body & trailer length of my vehicle at 60 kph (less than 100 feet), and if I'm doing 100 kph the legal requirement is to be able to stop within 250 feet when loaded. So I'd say keeping the braking intensity around the 35-50% range would be appropriate.

With the current 110km/h speed limit on CD, accidents are already occurring ever so often. Increasing the limit will only create more unnecessary & unwanted accidents and disruptions. Also the team has mentioned before that they have zero plans on changing the speed limit/speed cap.

Besides, there's always the arcade server which allows you to drive above 110km/h.

2 minutes ago, Syln said:

With the current 110km/h speed limit on CD, accidents are already occurring ever so often. Increasing the limit will only create more unnecessary & unwanted accidents and disruptions. Also the team has mentioned before that they have zero plans on changing the speed limit/speed cap.

Besides, there's always the arcade server which allows you to drive above 110km/h.

Accidents are happening but all the accidents can't be related to speed.They are players in cd road who drive slow.I also drive at max speed in cd Road but when there's much traffic on road I slow down.Then why don't you drive like a turtle at around 20.Will your slow speed prevent you from getting into an accident?TMP guys 110kmph spped is very slow and this is no way  a simulation.You want realism in simulation server then why don't you up the speed limit to 150.All the accidents arent related to speed.

1 hour ago, Angelforgamers said:

but when there's much traffic on road I slow down.

This refers to you as an individual, I've seen countless people rear-ending other players because of the speed they were travelling at and were unable to stop in time.

Accidents are happening but all the accidents can't be related to speed.

I agree, not all accidents are caused by speed, but some of them certainly are - with that said, it would make sense that if the speed limit were to be increased, the numbers of accidents CAUSED by speed will increase accordingly, and we wouldn't want that, you get what I mean?

You want realism in simulation server then why don't you up the speed limit to 150.

I'm pretty sure trucks IRL don't travel at 150 on a two-lane road with reasonable amount of bends.

hello was withdrawn to 110 because there were too many accidents at the past speed limit, if it returns to the 150 speed limit, the accidents will come back 110 good 

Best regards

XLondeR

TruckersMP Driver 

Increasing the speed limit to 150 kilometres per hour is not going to solve anything other than resulting in more disaster, the TruckersMP team have no plans of increasing the speed limit on the simulation server, it has been strictly stated that 110kmph will not be changed at all and will probably not be in the next few years.

If no one has noticed, have you heard the amount of web reports are being made by players that the game moderators are having to deal with?, they are overwhelmed with reports that are coming from the CD road that is not even related to speeding and that's just it, current accidents and crashes are getting players punished already by there mistakes are already happening even without a higher speed limit, imagine if they did have plans to increase the speed limit?, let's say you do get your 150kmph benefit, alright what will happen to all the serious players who like driving on the simulation server that take it a bit like real life?

Basically if the speed limit was placed back to it's previous setting then everyone will be affected, crashes will be more frequent and dangerous, more reports will have to be handled, more players will complain about the community about how they drive so fast around a bend and it ruins someone else's driving experience, then after that eventually the staff will again decide to make another 'Road to Simulation' update that will either make more strict rules, harsher punishments or most likely will lower the speed limit back again to 110kmph, because the current speed limit is I would say 9/10 perfect, if I was a manager of the game I would raise it to 120kmph instead and that would be final.

The reason why so many threads, discussions, topics are denied from talking, suggestion, discussing the speed limit to be raised, these suggestions are made by players who do not take the game seriously, they just want there fun to drive on a 'simulation game' like in 'Grand Theft Auto V' and probably want a similar purpose to ruin the realism.

I'm not even surprised if the TruckersMP team creates another 'Road to Simulation' update that would decrease the speed limit again to either 90 or 100kmph, this may happen one day in the future if players continue to violate the road rules in the simulation server.

Archived