What Are Your Opinions On People Saying Rec On Chat?

TheUrbanEnglishDictionary

Personally I think its fairly annoying I think we shouldn't say rec. As it gives less purity I think if we are all silent the admins will be able to disclose and kick the person if they are recklessly driving as they may drive cautious for a bit if we say recording yet if we don't say anything they will most likely be quiet.

46 minutes ago, TheUrbanEnglishDictionary said:

Personally I think its fairly annoying I think we shouldn't say rec. As it gives less purity I think if we are all silent the admins will be able to disclose and kick the person if they are recklessly driving as they may drive cautious for a bit if we say recording yet if we don't say anything they will most likely be quiet.

Your not alone, it drives me mad....

Best thing you can do is just ignore it; ultimately, no player who shouts "rec ban" can actually legitimately say that because it's not up to them to determine if any punishment for whatever perceived offence will happen.

I don't care at all when someone says REC in the chat, I know that it's not about me and if it is, I know that they are wasting their time or simply trying to make me go faster or move away from their way (which is not going to happen, no matter how many times they say REC, BAN, REPORTED or any other stupidity). Myself, I don't say anything. If I decide to record someone for a report, I find it funnier to think of the face that they will make when some days later they try to join MP only to see "You are banned".

Have to plead guilty to the whole "Rec" thing. Not that I say it often, but whenever I'm involved in an incident where I wasn't the perpetrator, SOMETIMES I'm just mind-boggled/confused enough to not know what to say - and "rec" happens to be sorta a natural thing since everyone else say it. 

Of course I don't go to the extent where I say things like "BAN" or use any vulgarities, I love the community the way it is and disrespecting other players is something I'll never do! We're all humans after all, and humans make mistakes!

Obviously I can always choose to keep quiet about it and not say anything but that's just me, I don't find "rec" annoying however if you've never done anything wrong and others choose to use it to harass you, that's when they've crossed the line.

5 minutes ago, Syln said:

Have to plead guilty to the whole "Rec" thing. Not that I say it often, but whenever I'm involved in an incident where I wasn't the perpetrator, SOMETIMES I'm just mind-boggled/confused enough to not know what to say - and "rec" happens to be sorta a natural thing since everyone else say it. 

Of course I don't go to the extent where I say things like "BAN" or use any vulgarities, I love the community the way it is and disrespecting other players is something I'll never do! We're all humans after all, and humans make mistakes!

Obviously I can always choose to keep quiet about it and not say anything but that's just me, I don't find "rec" annoying however if you've never done anything wrong and others choose to use it to harass you, that's when they've crossed the line.

its makes me remember the time i got kicked because someone kept trying to push me into a wall so i said 'i hate you with every fibre in my body'

9 hours ago, [WT] Nomine [GER] said:

Actually it’s very common to install radar without warning signs in several countries, but I got the point. 

I can understand people writing “REC” in the chat, it’s sometimes just am expression of “frustration” :)

I find it a bit stupid as its a way to find frustration because it literally stands for 'recording'.

Hello, @TheUrbanEnglishDictionary
Actually you are right.There are a lot of * rec * words in the chat section.But there is something like this;We are very angry with the people who hit us or put us at risk.But all we can do against them is to report them and * rec *. :D 
In other words, we scare them by typing * rec * in chat.So we like it with the thought that maybe he/she was scared.This is a little psychological.If you are uncomfortable, you can turn off the chat.
These are my thoughts. :) 

Regards,
TruckersMP  POW&R

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @TheUrbanEnglishDictionary,

I would like to inform you that your topic has been inactive for 14 days, I close it and move it to the Archive to keep topics active by the community.

If you have any questions or you want to restore the topic, please contact me.

// Locked and moved to Archive

gyhpuYu.png

Archived