Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Data Restore After 1.38 Update

[name unlisted]

Good Evening,

I would like to ask a few questions after wondering what would happen if after the 1.38 update that TruckersMP will release soon, regarding my data.

The first of these questions would be:

• What happens to all of my data from the 1.37 beta that i used to play TruckersMP since at the time of writing this would only support
  • Can all of my data be restored or is it all just part of the data

And most of all

• What happens if i can't? Do i have to do all of those delivery's again and recover all of that exp again to level up again? And also wait to get back most of my trucks accessories?

Hopefully this can be something that can be fixed to save my data from loosing it.

Thanks,

[name unlisted]

First, you don't really play in beta version on TMP servers, they never support beta versions.

In case you are reffering to ATS, which has been updated to 1.38 , but TMP only supports 1.37, you basically downgrade to previous game version, or disable  auto updates, so you are running older game version - 1.37 in this case,  so it's not beta version, but rregular stable version, prior to the last major game update.

When TMP updates to support 1.38, you will need to update the game, to be able to keep playing online, but nothing much will happen to your savegames, other than economy reset, that will just cancel any active jobs and teleport you to your home garage, updating to newer version never brings any compatibility issues with savegames.  However, if you update to 1.38 to try it out, and then downgrade back to 1.37, you profile may become incompatible, so you need to backup before updating  - this is usually true for major updates.

3 minutes ago, Granite said:

First, you don't really play in beta version on TMP servers, they never support beta versions.

In case you are reffering to ATS, which has been updated to 1.38 , but TMP only supports 1.37, you basically downgrade to previous game version, or disable  auto updates, so you are running older game version - 1.37 in this case,  so it's not beta version, but rregular stable version, prior to the last major game update.

When TMP updates to support 1.38, you will need to update the game, to be able to keep playing online, but nothing much will happen to your savegames, other than economy reset, that will just cancel any active jobs and teleport you to your home garage, updating to newer version never brings any compatibility issues with savegames.  However, if you update to 1.38 to try it out, and then downgrade back to 1.37, you profile may become incompatible, so you need to backup before updating  - this is usually true for major updates.

Awesome! Is there a method on how to create a backup for my online profile before the update releases? And the same way to my offline/modded profile, since after looking at it, i only have save files from 1.38. And when should i do the backup?

Game automatically create backup of your profiles folder after each update, even smaller ones. This folder contains all of your profiles, you can manually backup whole folder, or only sub folders, which are individual game profiles, but these have cryptic names - look at date/time created to pick correct sub folder.

Look in the "\Documents\American Truck Simulator" folder where you "profiles" folder is located, there should be couple of other profile folders below, with game version in parentheses followed by ".bak" 

I am not sure how they work really, but I guess they are on game version that is in the name, but you can use these too, just need to rename them and move/backup you original "profiles" folder.

This is for local saves, in case you have cloud enabled, I believe it moves them elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Granite said:

Game automatically create backup of your profiles folder after each update, even smaller ones. This folder contains all of your profiles, you can manually backup whole folder, or only sub folders, which are individual game profiles, but these have cryptic names - look at date/time created to pick correct sub folder.

Look in the "\Documents\American Truck Simulator" folder where you "profiles" folder is located, there should be couple of other profile folders below, with game version in parentheses followed by ".bak" 

I am not sure how they work really, but I guess they are on game version that is in the name, but you can use these too, just need to rename them and move/backup you original "profiles" folder.

This is for local saves, in case you have cloud enabled, I believe it moves them elsewhere.

So just to be sure, i have to drag one of these files from one of these folders, and upload it to my original "profiles" folder once the update comes out? And which one of the folders is it that contains my save files from TruckersMP?

Annotation 2020-07-18 223631.png

Annotation 2020-07-18 223654.png

No, I think you misunderstand, you don't need to do anything with your files, if you are on temporary 1.37 and playing on TMP servers, when TMP updates for 1.38, you will just disable temporary 1.37 and update the game. Everything will remain as before, except when you load your game, it will display message about detecting changes, so it will cancel job, if you had one active, and transport you back to your home garage.

Backups are only handy, if you encounter problems with mods, which often need to be updated to be compatible with new game version, but since you can't use mods online, you are safe.

6 hours ago, Granite said:

No, I think you misunderstand, you don't need to do anything with your files, if you are on temporary 1.37 and playing on TMP servers, when TMP updates for 1.38, you will just disable temporary 1.37 and update the game. Everything will remain as before, except when you load your game, it will display message about detecting changes, so it will cancel job, if you had one active, and transport you back to your home garage.

Backups are only handy, if you encounter problems with mods, which often need to be updated to be compatible with new game version, but since you can't use mods online, you are safe.

ohh alright, thanks so much for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived