G29 Steering Wheel not working in TruckersMP

ExoticManiac

Question

This one's pretty weird and annoying, Truckers MP doesn't recognize my wheel at all, meanwhile it works like a charm in singleplayer, I had this same problem about an year ago and stopped playing because i couldn't fix it.

I've tried all the obvious things, re-installing drivers, re-installing the game, restarting my PC (obviously) replugging the wheel in, re-installing the logitech gaming software, looking into firewall to see if Truckers MP doesn't have access to something, it does.

I'm out of options honestly, this doesn't make any sense either why it wouldn't work in multiplayer.

8 answers to this question

• Translation Manager

Dear @ExoticManiac,

In order to fix this issue, please follow these steps:

1- Launch Steam as administrator,

2- Click "view" and then select "Big Picture Mode",

1.png

3-Then, when you reach "Big Picture Mode", click on settings button,

2.png

4-After that, find the "Controller Settings" and click on it.

3.png

5- In this page, you will see "Genetic Gamepad Configuration Support", untick the box next to it.

4.png

-After that, close Big Picture Mode and Steam.

-Then launch Steam as administrator.
-Launch TruckersMP as administrator.

Please let me know that the issue has been solved or not.

Kind Regards,
Next7
TruckersMP - Support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey there,

Having a G29 myself, is your Logitech Gaming Software open in the background whilst you are playing?

If you just have it installed and not running, the game can't recognise it. I need to launch Logitech Gaming Software every time I play TruckersMP.

I hope this helps,

Best Wishes

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Trial Support

45 minutes ago, Stubborn__ said:

Hey there,

Having a G29 myself, is your Logitech Gaming Software open in the background whilst you are playing?

If you just have it installed and not running, the game can't recognise it. I need to launch Logitech Gaming Software every time I play TruckersMP.

I hope this helps,

Best Wishes

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Trial Support

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've always had it running in the background while playing, otherwise the wheel wouldn't work at all for me (not even in single player)

Hello :)

In most cases, the problem is not TruckersMP but the software of gamers. Just changed ingoing/outgoing traffic (defender) and allowed truckersMP en ETS2 for 100% for ingoing/outgoing traffic and everything works fine.

Also try these: 

• Turn off the steering vibration in single player. If it is still the same, uninstall the steering wheel software.
  • Try launching TruckersMP as administrator and see if it's fixed.
  • Try with a different profile.
  • Try plugging the wheel to a different USB port of your PC.
  • Make sure the device is plugged in and detected by the system, check your Device Manager to see if it's not detected.

36 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Hello :)

In most cases, the problem is not TruckersMP but the software of gamers. Just changed ingoing/outgoing traffic (defender) and allowed truckersMP en ETS2 for 100% for ingoing/outgoing traffic and everything works fine.

Also try these: 

• Turn off the steering vibration in single player. If it is still the same, uninstall the steering wheel software.
  • Try launching TruckersMP as administrator and see if it's fixed.
  • Try with a different profile.
  • Try plugging the wheel to a different USB port of your PC.
  • Make sure the device is plugged in and detected by the system, check your Device Manager to see if it's not detected.

I actually saw your post somewhere else and already tried all the things you mentioned, no luck.

Hello there! :) 

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hello there! 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation.

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there, :) 

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

Beenz.

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️