Kirkenes- overtaking in locked traffic

theblitz707

Sorry i just cant hold this in, everyone who played promods must know about the kirkenes mountain traffic. I find traffic fun but some people drive me nuts. I am at the bridge just near the mine and i stopped at the blue sign to give road to any possible truck who might come, and there is a truck at the little steep road after the bridge towards the mine so i just wait. But traffic doesnt go for a very long time, so 2 trucks with trailer and a truck just overtake me and wait ahead, also blocking the road for any truck which might come oncoming. I understand people might wanna pass afk but i am not, im leaving space and there is no problem back of me, the traffic goes like 300-400 meters and everyone is keeping spaces at curves like me. People abusing the space i leave really triggers me. What they end up doing is waiting 15 meters ahead. And other trucks who sees the trucks overtaking me follow them and also overtake me.( another truck tried to overtake me, i cut front of him but backed away quickly to not be guilty when im not) This pointless overtaking is the same as tailgating irl and im super annoyed. ? This happening after waiting in traffic for an hour is another level of annoyment. And the guy who overtook me last says "itd be fine if you just went a little bit" which just doesnt make sense, all they want to do is move 5 meter and they will be very happy... Sorry for the very negative comment. Im just looking for someone who feels the same way or had it happened to them :l

12 minutes ago, Penguin said:

We have an event tomorrow that goes to Kirkenes Quarry if you wish to come :D 

We're going from Stockholm Scania trace track @ 7PM BST to Kirkenes Quarry :)

https://plasmagc.com/event/promods-journey-to-kirkenes-quarry

looks exciting i love long convoys. its about 1500km right? ill be there if i dont forget

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, 

Overtaking long queues of traffic like you described is not only against TMP rules (inappropriate overtaking) but it also is extremely dangerous as head on collisions are the most damaging. 

You are definitely doing the polite thing in waiting, as some of those turns can be very tricky (even with a single trailer) so the additional room that you create is appreciated by all. If players attempt to overtake you, I would suggest you write a friendly message in chat to explain that you're waiting and then they should stop overtaking. 

Thank you for driving considerately, 

Regards, 

Quality_Productions 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

7 hours ago, loktoidi said:

Why people are cathered at Kirkenes area? I mean if there are around 800ppl playing pro mods, over 100 are constantly just around kirkenes. Whole Europe has just empty roads to drive and ppl are at Kirkenes. Must have more truckers than local habitants. 

haha that was funny :D, if youd wanna drive in europe youd play sim2, what makes promods especially special is the challenging kirkenes mountain, and i suppose when everyone took on the challange, it created traffic and people were even more drawn to it

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived