Idaho, yes or no?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy Idaho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet
    • Maybe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/18/20 at 08:00 PM

Idaho release is just around the corner, will you buy it? Are you hyped? Anything special that you are looking forward too?

Let me start, i'm not sure yet, i like ATS but i don't really like the latest expansion which is Utah. At the same time I love Washington and Oregon, and I see how Idaho fits into that picture, also, Idaho connects Utah and Oregon and Colorado will connect New Mexico and Utah. Also there are two states which are already a must buy for me, Montana and Texas and Idaho connects Montana and Washington, so...  It's kinda hard to not buy map expansions for ATS, but this time i think i'll wait for a bit.

Edit: ended up buying it...

I'd have bought it already if SCS would let me pre-purchase instead of sitting here refreshing the store page.

2 hours ago, antrax737 said:

Let me start, i'm not sure yet, i like ATS but i don't really like the latest expansion which is Utah.

Unfrotunately there are quite a few states in America that are essentially going to be boring backwaters to drive through.

2 hours ago, antrax737 said:

@TheCanadianTrucker Not boring, road layout doesnt make sense, some very sharp turns which i'd bet my ass in real life look and drive differently. Visually Utah is an eye candy other ways.

@usafirepix TMP support will come soon, it's map expansion they know how to patch that, a week at most, maybe 2 days, dont worry about that ;)

My concern is that their may be a conflict with the fact Idaho appears to require 1.38 to work...and that may be a longer patch process ?

@TheCanadianTrucker True, but i hate doing 30 where the limit is 60 and constant braking and accelerating... or having to slow down to 40 on the middle of motorway... it has to be the scale indeed. I dont mind driving bellow the speed limit, just some roads in Utah would make no sense at all in real life. :)

@usafirepixOh yea you are right about that, i forgot... usually updates arent so quick one after the other so it is kinda weird to me, lets hope eh? :D

I bought it and went on some exploration and achievement hunting, starting in Yakima, WA, heading to Kennewick, Lewiston, Boise, Twin Falls and Pocatello and I think, if you like Oregon and Washington, you will like Idaho too, cause it has very similar look and feel.

However, looking at the road network, you will notice there is lack of interstates anywhere but in the south, because it would require Montana for the interstates network, and also state roads network, to make sense

For example going from Spokane or Sandpoint to Salmon or Idaho Falls is a detour now, even from Grangeville to Salmon, you would probably be better off going through Montana.

Viewpoint cutscenes are nice little touch, you will locate them by the new icons on the map, they are activated by parking on top of the marker and shutting off the engine, definitely interesting sights, when you stumble upon some in the wilderness at inappropriate time of the day and then stare at the pitch black darkness of the night.

@antrax737  @TheCanadianTrucker Regarding those sharp turns, I think scaling is mostly factor, when it comes to frequency, so turns that require you to slow down comes way more frequently, than in reality. I don't have any problems with this in newer states - New Mexico and later. What you need to look out for are those yellow speed signs before turns, those are advisory speed signs which are practically guaranteed safe. Speed limit may stay high, but i doesn't mean you can maintain it at all times (cloverleaf ramps), afterall, you are driving huge, top heavy vehicle, and if you have heavy, very long, articulated, or multiple trailers, you may need to slow down even below advisory speed. My stability is set very low and steering completely linear, makes for slow turning, but I can keep my lane at speed limit or advisory speed in my 389, unlike majority of people I see, who don't want to slow down at all costs and can't even turn properly without cutting corners.

Other problem is, you can find some utterly impossible bends without any warning on interstates, in the older states, hopefully these will get adressed and fixed.

For me, a map DLC is always a YES.

The first thing to do when you get your copy of the game is to get as many map DLCs as you can. SCS has put a lot of efforts to improve their map DLC, one better than the other. And at some point you will realize how small the map is if you have none of the map DLC. To make you feel like you are really going a long trip, expanding your map is the only way to do.

Also, if you are planning to join a VTC, you might be required to attend some convoys. Usually they will stick to the vanilla map but occasionally they will travel outside of it. If you don't have the map DLC, you will hit the invisible wall or the XXXXXXX bar while the other players can go through there easily but you will be the one leaving there can't penetrate through.

SCS did an incredible job, the map is wonderful, excellent landscapes, several points to photograph, the roads with their sharp curves, and not to mention the daily challenges.
I bought it because I like to do the steam conquests, and I also play in World Of Trucks, and the Wot event comes down to Idaho.
The only problem I see is, for those who like to drive a lot and do Km and accelerate, there is not very recommended, due to the curves and the roads, who is used to leave Bellingham towards Hobbs taking Highway 5 and passing through highway 10, it will be a little agonized.
I recommend Idaho is a feeling of simulation quite different from what we are used to at ATS.

Bought it the moment it got released.

The best way to buy it is over the pacific northwest bundle if you already have all 5 other DLCs,

I already completed my personal goal for the Cruising Idaho WoT event and it was lovely!

Many people report bugs but I did not spot any

The best part are by far the scenic tourism spots cutscenes

Greetings from Idaho!

spacer.png

Brand new to ATS and playing on TruckersMP. I have so far liked these areas I have been driving through but as for realism and accuracy in area details I guess I would be the worst to detail that because I have never in real life been to these areas. I feel alot of the areas are quite beautiful, least to me but I think part of that is in the eye of the beholder. What I find appeasing vs what others find to their liking. As for Idaho I already have it. Anxious for the update to come and hope they get it done sooner than later as there is a sound glitch of the engine starting over and over when my truck has no damage that I am getting rather tired of hearing. Safe travels everyone and see you out on the road :). 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived