0.2.2.7.1 Released

ShawnCZek

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

One of the sticking points with mute buttons is that sometimes it's against the grain of moderation to have such a function readily available, primarily because it means those committing misconduct over voice get away with it, with most players opting to mute the player rather than report the misconduct. With the option to mute the CB, or change channel to something your friends or convoy can use, the need to mute has become redundant. This is doubly so with the majority of players making use of 3rd party VOIP instead (discord, teamspeak etc).

I would therefor steer clear of mute options, as they simply make people less likely to report people for rule breaches, especially given that those who are looking to avoid it already have the above options.

I don't just use the mute button to not hear a player. Whether (s)he's abusing the CB radio or not. I mostly use the mute button to keep distance of conversations I don't understand.

One of the best use cases of the mute button is when you're driving at the Kirkenes quarry route. There's a 99% chance you'll be around the same people until you're at the quarry/your destination.
Most of these people use the CB radio to communicate to each other.

I've heard (Turkish) people use the CB radio to guide me (in Turkish/English/Dutch). For example, to tell me whether the road is clear for me to make a turn or not.

I also hear a lot of East Asian people use the CB radio to communicate to each other. I don't understand their language, so I would rather mute them while still having the channel set on 19 to see if someone uses it to give me instructions/to communicate to me.

You might be still wondering why I keep it at channel 19. Well that's simple, it's the default channel and people tend to use this channel whenever they try to communicate with (random) people.

Note: I don't complain anything about this route, I actually enjoy driving this route every once in a while as I sort of see it as a unique experience in TMP.

Just getting rid of this great feature out of nowhere wasn't something I was pleased with. The least thing you could do is, be close to the community and tell them why it's (temporarily) removed or move the feature to a different place. As I said in my previous message, just introduce a new command if the tab window has too much buttons already.

If a new command is too much to ask, combine the mute feature with the /blockpm command and rename the command to /block. The blockpm command has almost got the same goal as the mute feature. Yet, both of these features weren't located at the same place before the mute button disappeared.

There's almost no chance of someone wanting to hear a player whenever the player is getting blocked from sending private messages. Neither is there almost a chance of someone wanting to receive a private message from a muted player. I see an opportunity to make the /blockpm (or /block) command even more useful.

It's a weird situation, if you ask me. However, you'll definitely make me a lot happier by introducing a command to mute a player. As that's a lot faster than trying to find a player in a huge list of nearby players just to mute the player. x)
Each player's ID already appears on the screen whenever someone talks, so don't worry about not knowing who to mute without looking at the tab window.

• Upvote 1

I am a patreon actually but I dont have the patreon account connected to the truckersmp one yet but 1.37 no thanks. Since this is a convoy for people like me that help you by paying money on patreon, doing this on 1.37 is a lack of respect from you to your patreons YOU SHOULD DELAY THIS UNTIL 1.38 IS SUPPORTED, SINCE 1.37 YOU ARE NOT CARING ABOUT UPDATES ANYMORE A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THIS IS THE BUG ON THE VOLVO TRUCKS THAT IS EASY TO FIX SINCE THAT JUST A MODEL FOR THE CB RADIO AND MONTHS PASS AND IS STILL NOT FIZED! THATS A SHAME AO FAR DOWN TRUCKERS MP IS GOING BECAUSE OF NOT HEARING WHAT PLAYERS WANT AND JUST DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT. I HOPE THIS CHANGES IN THE FUTURE OR I WILL HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE FOR THE TRUCKERSMP FOR A LONG TIME UNFURTONATELLY!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

^ Being extremely salty on TruckersMP developers won't speed things up. 1.38 brought additional features, such as SSAO, along with changes on the map itself. Making sure that everything will work perfectly is not an easy task. 

• True Story 4

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

4 hours ago, Titanic4 said:

^ Being extremely salty on TruckersMP developers won't speed things up. 1.38 brought additional features, such as SSAO, along with changes on the map itself. Making sure that everything will work perfectly is not an easy task. 

No comment.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:40 AM, THEREALDETONATOR said:

I am a patreon actually but I dont have the patreon account connected to the truckersmp one yet but 1.37 no thanks. Since this is a convoy for people like me that help you by paying money on patreon, doing this on 1.37 is a lack of respect from you to your patreons YOU SHOULD DELAY THIS UNTIL 1.38 IS SUPPORTED, SINCE 1.37 YOU ARE NOT CARING ABOUT UPDATES ANYMORE A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THIS IS THE BUG ON THE VOLVO TRUCKS THAT IS EASY TO FIX SINCE THAT JUST A MODEL FOR THE CB RADIO AND MONTHS PASS AND IS STILL NOT FIZED! THATS A SHAME AO FAR DOWN TRUCKERS MP IS GOING BECAUSE OF NOT HEARING WHAT PLAYERS WANT AND JUST DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT. I HOPE THIS CHANGES IN THE FUTURE OR I WILL HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE FOR THE TRUCKERSMP FOR A LONG TIME UNFURTONATELLY!!

So, you're saying that we should forget about those who downgraded to 1.37 to actually play MP in favor of those few who are still on 1.38? That's mean. 
Why should we delay stuff that is not related to TruckersMP Development? Event Team doesn't do any development, they do events. 

Remember that we are volunteers and we're spending our spare time to make TruckersMP better. Unfortunately, that doesn't cancel out real lives, when you need to work to pay for rent, food, care, etc.

• Upvote 6
  • True Story 4

50 minutes ago, CJMAXiK said:

So, you're saying that we should forget about those who downgraded to 1.37 to actually play MP in favor of those few who are still on 1.38? That's mean. 
Why should we delay stuff that is not related to TruckersMP Development? Event Team doesn't do any development, they do events. 

Remember that we are volunteers and we're spending our spare time to make TruckersMP better. Unfortunately, that doesn't cancel out real lives, when you need to work to pay for rent, food, care, etc.

At least if that is a event for patreons fix the volvo so people who support you can use the truck on the event

And what happens with truckersmp if scs start removing the old versions of the game in the future from steam

I understand that you have lives and this is a hobby, but all of us can see by the volvo bug example that is a simple model problem that what's happening is that the moddeling team doesn't have time for fixing the game why you don't accept help of people that want to help you and yave the skills for it, if you need help please start recruting people to help you and make the mod great and playable again.

53 minutes ago, THEREALDETONATOR said:

At least if that is a event for patreons fix the volvo so people who support you can use the truck on the event

And what happens with truckersmp if scs start removing the old versions of the game in the future from steam

I understand that you have lives and this is a hobby, but all of us can see by the volvo bug example that is a simple model problem that what's happening is that the moddeling team doesn't have time for fixing the game why you don't accept help of people that want to help you and yave the skills for it, if you need help please start recruting people to help you and make the mod great and playable again.

Or you can just use another truck. It’s quite unfair to blame the team for their work they do in their free time. It’s maybe just an little thing to solve but it has in general not the highest priority. If possible they will update it soon. The mod is by the way great and perfectly playable. 

That’s my opinion 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, THEREALDETONATOR said:

They won't do that, because we are not the only one who relies on previous versions. A good portion of mods will require you to downgrade when major update hits.

volvo bug example that is a simple model problem that what's happening is that the moddeling team doesn't have time for fixing the game

Unfortunately, this is not the only thing that needs to be done, other manipulations are on main developer to do. Sadly, none of us have skills and toolset to do that properly.

why you don't accept help of people that want to help you and yave the skills for it, if you need help please start recruting people to help you and make the mod great and playable again.

If we don't have a public recruitment campaign for Development team, it doesn't mean we don't hire! If you have a required skillset, experience in MMO development, good resume/CV and huge load of spare time for free, we welcome you! Just drop a Feedback ticket!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 6:31 AM, THEREALDETONATOR said:

If you dont like the way things are going dont play n TMP its not hard at all its very very easy. JUST DONT PLAY! or donate to TMP and relax and enjoy being able to play on TMP with your friends. Be more thankful for there hard work dont bash them.

Hello Guys,

the TruckersMP development team does a great job. I think it's done when it's done. Always remember that TruckersMP is not a right but a privilege. ;)

i hope you are relaxed and can wait for it :)

• Like 1

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

11 minutes ago, ShawnCZek said:

List of changes from 6th August 2020:

• Forbidden cancelling the job contract while driving.
  • Added feedback on whether sending the files for the crash report was successful.
  • Addressed issues with the authentication.

It's a nice Update.
Many Thanks four your great job!

• Like 1

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

5 hours ago, ShawnCZek said:

List of changes from 6th August 2020:

• Forbidden cancelling the job contract while driving.
  • Added feedback on whether sending the files for the crash report was successful.
  • Addressed issues with the authentication.

Thanks, that helps a lot :)

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator