Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Music Lovers: What Do You Think Is The Most Iconic Collaboration On A Single Song?

davidd.

Hi all,

I hope this finds you in good health. So, recently, I started a list of the most iconic collaborations in music to date, and the list may be a bit biased, so I want to know your opinion on the topic! What do you think is the most iconic collaboration on a single song? It can be from any era, but I want to know what song stands out most in your mind.

Personally, I think it has to be Lady Gaga's Telephone, which featured the one and only, Queen Bey. I have vivid memories of flipping through the music channels on TV as a child, and hoping I'll find Telephone on one of the them. This is the first music video I remember absolutely loving. Gaga and Bey created a masterpiece with Telephone, and I can't stop playing it to this day. 

Leave your responses below! I'd love to see what you think.

ioJopO8.jpg

Probably "Bridge Over Troubled Water by artists for Greenfell"

The song was initially from Simon & Garfunkel and was sampled as a charity act for those who lost their lives in the Greenfell tower fire.

(TruckersMP even hosted a Greenfell Charity convoy)

Led by Simon Cowell, the song is a collaboration of 50 Artists

These 50 artists are:

Spoiler

Angel, 5 After Midnight, Deno, Craig David, Anne-Marie, Donae’o, London Community Gospel Choir, Carl Barat, Brian May, Bastille, Jessie Ware, Dua Lipa, Jessie Ware, Jessie J, Ella Eyre, James Blunt, Ella Henderson, James Arthur, Liam Payne, Labrinth, Jon McClure, Kelly Jones, Ray BLK, Rita Ora, Louis Tomlinson, Louisa Johnson, Jorja Smith, EmeliSande, Fleur East, Gregory Porter, Matt Goss, Stormzy, The Who ( Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey), Tokio Myers, Tom Grennan, Tulisa, Tony Hadley, WSTRN, Nathan Sykes, Omar, Geri Hallowell, Matt Terry, Mr. Eazi, Gareth Malone &The Choir for Grenfell, Paloma Faith, John Newman, Pixie Lott, RAYE, Robbie Williams, Shakka, Shane Filan, and Leona Lewis.

35 minutes ago, AspergerKid said:

Probably "Bridge Over Troubled Water by artists for Greenfell"

The song was initially from Simon & Garfunkel and was sampled as a charity act for those who lost their lives in the Greenfell tower fire.

(TruckersMP even hosted a Greenfell Charity convoy)

Led by Simon Cowell, the song is a collaboration of 50 Artists

These 50 artists are:

Reveal hidden contents

Angel, 5 After Midnight, Deno, Craig David, Anne-Marie, Donae’o, London Community Gospel Choir, Carl Barat, Brian May, Bastille, Jessie Ware, Dua Lipa, Jessie Ware, Jessie J, Ella Eyre, James Blunt, Ella Henderson, James Arthur, Liam Payne, Labrinth, Jon McClure, Kelly Jones, Ray BLK, Rita Ora, Louis Tomlinson, Louisa Johnson, Jorja Smith, EmeliSande, Fleur East, Gregory Porter, Matt Goss, Stormzy, The Who ( Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey), Tokio Myers, Tom Grennan, Tulisa, Tony Hadley, WSTRN, Nathan Sykes, Omar, Geri Hallowell, Matt Terry, Mr. Eazi, Gareth Malone &The Choir for Grenfell, Paloma Faith, John Newman, Pixie Lott, RAYE, Robbie Williams, Shakka, Shane Filan, and Leona Lewis.

@AspergerKid:

I remember hearing that on the radio when it first came out, and I loved the idea behind it. Songs with multiple artists involved for charity, such as that one, always remind me of Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?— which is a Christmas anthem. I always saw music as something everyone can unite in. It brings everyone together, especially during tough times. And, by doing these types of songs, it only strengthens that idea. I love the sentiment, and I definitely agree with you!

ioJopO8.jpg

There are many iconic collaborations. 

I would probably have to go with Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It’s Christmas?. This song was another version of the iconic Band Aid back in the 1980's. 18 different artists/bands collaborated to raise money for charities fighting Ebola. 

It is also a great Christmas song, with a great meaning! ❤️ 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:04 AM, Vexus. said:

There are many iconic collaborations. 

I would probably have to go with Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It’s Christmas?. This song was another version of the iconic Band Aid back in the 1980's. 18 different artists/bands collaborated to raise money for charities fighting Ebola. 

It is also a great Christmas song, with a great meaning! ❤️ 

@Vexus.:

Completely agree with you on that! I mentioned the original Do They Know It's Christmas? in a response above, but I love when loads of artists get together for different causes. It creates a sense of unity in music.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:35 PM, CiaranOg78 said:

While there are many iconic collaborations a personal favourite of mine would be Linkin Park & Jay-Z with Numb/Encore, two talents from different genres coming together that made it naturally work

@CiaranOg78:

Listening to that track now, and completely forgot it existed! Definitely one to put down on the list. I agree, it weirdly works...

ioJopO8.jpg

Quite lost when it comes to current music (I'm still "anchored" to the 80's in that regard) so the 2 collaborations that I can remember as iconic would be "USA for Africa - We are the world", with Michael Jackson and lots of other artists, and as a more face-to-face one, "Walk this way", with Run DMC and Aerosmith.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

As this thread has been inactive for over 14 days, I'm going to lock it and move it to archives, to keep our forum organised. 

If you want your topic to be brought back, please contact any forum moderator or me via DMs. 

Kind regards, 

.Christopher

TruckersMP Community Moderator Leader 

// Locked & Moved to archives. 

banner

Archived