Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

AI TRAFFIC SERVER

[VTCSL] G I H Λ  И

Driving in AI traffic in MP would be lovely - it's the only reason why I still bother with the SP version. But there are always a lot of factors to consider before making such a huge move, such as trollers/drivers who doesn't take the game seriously may attempt to block traffic with AI vehicles, etc. I'd love to see it eventually get implemented, but it'll seriously be tough.

Not for me it would be carnage

As somebody already said to many trolls out there who would spoil it. Until there is a easy way to get rid of them it's a no for me.

I recall watching the TruckersMP Q&A with @Μatt and @IethaI a while back, and they were talking about the idea of them looking to eventually make this kind of thing become a reality. I personally would like it, but as both of them said, this is a long way away, and there's a lot more features to come before then.

There's also a few problems I am nervous about, such as AI causing traffic jams that are never ending, the syncronized spawning of AI causing collisions (especially on the likes of Calais-Duisberg) and various other concerns of a similar nature. Adding AI could cause major problems and disruptions to players, so it can't be added in as an afterthought one day.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

There are not many people on the roads other than Duısburg-Calaıs, but there are really great places. I was tired of traveling there alone and the artificial intelligence to MP would be amazing. But it can be a little difficult to adjust it really well. Consider the police cars on the Duısburg-Calaıs road except admin: D. Hi Bot Admin

As far as i heard its on standby for the moment. The problem is that SCS does changes to the AI with every little update. So as long as they keep doing that its not worth it to put out a server where a few people can drive with AI, simply cause it would be way too much work having to update it all the time just cause they do changes to the AI. So until SCS has settled on how they want AI to work the driving with AI in MP is on standby as far as i know.

I would very appreciate this mode and probably also would have lots of fun with it when it finally releases one day.

However this could take some time because of multiple reasons.

There's also a good Blog Post about it from Prime.

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/105

With that being said i'm really looking forward to this mode,

but i hope they take their time with it so in the end, we have a finished and polished 'product' :)

Best Regards

Zysto

Have a nice day!

This is a fantastic idea in theory!

I say in theory because, as you can imagine, there are so many factors that contribute to this idea being logical. As much as I would absolutely love to be driving around with AI traffic, I'm sure there would be many challenges the developers would face in even attempting to offer support for it. I'm sure if there comes a time that this idea does come to fruition, it will need to be adapted for multiplayer use and all of the trolls that come with that.

I also remember seeing a teaser video from TruckersMP about adding private servers for players and their friends to drive with AI traffic, as opposed to implementing this feature with as many players as swarm the ETS2 Simulation 1 server on a weekend. :lol:

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

Here is some ideas that IMO would help dramatically reduce the possible trolling with AI traffic :

- Don't let AI vehicles become disabled. After a few seconds they should attempt to drive again. This would prevent intentional traffic jams using the AI traffic
- Have AI traffic go into no collision mode 5 seconds after initial contact, until they have achieved their originally plotted speeds again
- Write a script on the server that will automatically reduce AI traffic in areas with many players and increase it in areas with few players
- Add a "Collisions" statistic to our accounts so that it is easier to profile players to watch pro-actively (but not interferingly unless blatant wrongdoing is seen.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Would pay a subscription fee to have access to private server where only my friends etc could play and WITH AI. 

if it's "many players around AI" that's the problem, this could be one option. 

Lack of AI cars is IMHO the biggest problem with MP. Not enough challenge when driving due to no other traffic, and easily becomes boring when so long between meeting other players. 

So if I had to pick, I'd take a paid server with friends-only and AI enabled traffic. 

Good Morning,

iI think that's a good idea.

The other side is that it requires a higher performance of the PC.

If you take Kirkenes example on ProMods or D-C Road now, it could be very problematic with AI traffic.

Have a nice Day :D

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Archived