Traffic Lights

Anybody else have this problem.

I drive through they are green but turning to amber as I'm driving through, I carry on naturally as you would and get a fine for red light jumping. Really? I'm meant to stop half way through the system?

It's come to the point now where I stop even if they are green and wait for them to change to red then green again to avoid a fine.

I have never really had that problem if I remember correctly. 
However, I have also disabled the fine feature in my game settings. By disabling it, you won't receive any kind of fine anymore for example when you jump a red light or when you're going too fast.
I would recommend you doing the same, as waiting for a green light in order for it to change into red and then green again just to not receive a fine, would be no option for me.

3 minutes ago, LetiFreshi said:

I have never really had that problem if I remember correctly. 
However, I have also disabled the fine feature in my game settings. By disabling it, you won't receive any kind of fine anymore for example when you jump a red light or when you're going too fast.
I would recommend you doing the same, as waiting for a green light in order for it to change into red and then green again just to not receive a fine, would be no option for me.

It may come to that, I'm trying to keep the realism up as much as I can and I get the fine isn't massive but it's annoying that by the laws of the road I'm actually not breaking them.

May have to take it to the courts and appeal ?

The fines for red lights are a bit weird, sometimes you cross the light while it being yellow 

and you still get a fine, while at other times you clearly cross a red light and don't get a fine.

I understand using it for more realism but it's just not that well made, that's why i have fines disabled :)

Best Regards

Zysto

Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have switched off the fines, as they can be distracting whilst driving.

On TruckersMP, you are allowed to go through a red light as long as there are no other players in the vicinity, however I usually wait for them to turn green for realism and added safety.

Regards,

Quality_Productions

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

ive never had this problem, however i have noticed that some  traffic lights don't change properly in places like Amsterdam, they go from red to amber to green but they only go from red to green.

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow doesn't mean "carry on" it means "slow down and prepare to stop." If the light turns red while you are still underneath it, it still counts as running a red light. It's like that in real life too. It is only legal to pass under a yellow light if you have enough time to completely pass it before it turns red. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @Durham

I would like to inform you that your topic has been inactive for more than 14 days, so I am closing it and moving it to the Archive so that the topics are active by the community.

If you have any questions or want to restore the topic, please contact me.

// Locked and moved to Archive

gyhpuYu.png

Archived