Booted up ETS2 and my profile was gone. I had it backed up to the steam cloud.

Dumbsville

Question

I booted up the game today and found my profile was missing. I had it backed up to the steam cloud. I see the file in my Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, "steam_profiles(1.37.2.0s).bak" and I assume this is the profiles backup. How can I reinstate this into the game? If this is not the file I need, where can I grab it?

Edit: I found out how, however the file it had backed up was an OLD account which has been long gone. I had made a new profile on June 23rd, and put that one to steam backup and it is not there. The only account that is backed up is the only account I wanted to get rid of smh.

Edit 2: Basically I want to get the new account that I made on the 23rd WHICH WAS BACKED UP TO THE STEAM CLOUD back, but the only backup I am seeing is the old account from 2019, even on the "1.37.2.0s" file.

Edited by DumbsviIIe
Edit 1: Updated info | Edit 2: Additional Comments

11 answers to this question

Hello Dumbsville

Step 1: First open your Steam if you haven't already did so and log in to your account which you have your Euro Truck Simulator 2 game.

Step 2: Press on Library in your steam after you successfully log in to your account and find your Euro Truck Simulator 2 game once found right click on the game and press on Properties.

Step 3: After you press on Properties you should be greeted with a small pop-up like the one show in ATTACHMENTS after you have done that navigate to Updates like shown below :

Step 4: You should then see an option on the bottom of the pop-up menu something called " Steam Cloud "  press on the tick and dezactivate your steam cloud after you have done that press on Close.

Step 5: Now boot up the game and see if your missing profile appeared 

If this steps we're helpful please let me know, if not TAG me or message me in Private on the forums.

Best Regards,

MightyPower

2020-07-06 05_13_51-Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Properties.png

2020-07-06 05_14_53-Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Properties.png

9 hours ago, DumbsviIIe said:

I booted up the game today and found my profile was missing. I had it backed up to the steam cloud. I see the file in my Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, "steam_profiles(1.37.2.0s).bak" and I assume this is the profiles backup. How can I reinstate this into the game? If this is not the file I need, where can I grab it?

Edit: I found out how, however the file it had backed up was an OLD account which has been long gone. I had made a new profile on June 23rd, and put that one to steam backup and it is not there. The only account that is backed up is the only account I wanted to get rid of smh.

Edit 2: Basically I want to get the new account that I made on the 23rd WHICH WAS BACKED UP TO THE STEAM CLOUD back, but the only backup I am seeing is the old account from 2019, even on the "1.37.2.0s" file.

You should probably make a new one

I am afraid this did not work. My profile is gone. I remember the stats I had and maybe I could turn on the dev console in the config file and give back what I had? I won't have the trucks and the KM driven, but I will at least have the money and the XP. Is this a feasible option or is this breaking a rule of some sort?

*To clarify, haven't done it before, just saw an online tutorial*

Hello there @DumbsviIIe

You say you boot up your game, and your profile is gone.

Please try the following:

1. Start up Euro Truck via the TruckersMP launcher

2. When at the login screen, listen for the music. If its loud, compared with what you've set it to, close the game (If you can't remember what you set it to, just close the game, and continue to step 3)

3. Now, launch the game again

4. When at the login screen, listen for the music again. If its the volume you've set it to, your settings + profile should now be loaded :) (If you can't remember the volume, try step 5 anyway :))

5. Login, and see if your profile has loaded :) 

I hope this helps you :) 

I await your return!

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello!

I have tried all methods and it appears the profile is gone for good, unfortunately. 

Please refer to my current question, which was posted yesterday at 7:23 AM EST, which states:

"I remember the stats I had and maybe I could turn on the dev console in the config file and give back what I had? I won't have the trucks and the KM driven, but I will at least have the money and the XP. Is this a feasible option or is this breaking a rule of some sort?"

*Disclaimer: I have not done this method yet, I know of it through a tutorial on YT*

Hello,

If you know how to do it with the dev console, you can do that, its not breaking any rules ?

If you don't know how to do it with the dev console, you can also use profile editing software ?

Like this one: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=266092

I hope it helps ?

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there!  :) 

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Kind Regards,
Beenz.
TruckersMP Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️