New speed limit for cars?

maltemax211

There shouldn't be any new "Speed limit" only for Skodas. 
Actually we should be happy that TruckersMP has implemented a car for a Trucking Game in the first place. 

C-D road for example is a mess already. Imagine cars now driving faster than they even can as of now. There would be too many crashes etc. which is just annoying. 

1 hour ago, คzzยгค said:

I am for speed increases up to 130 km / h for cars
It is so unrealistic that cars drive at the same speed as trucks in the game.

If you're on about realism, it wouldn't actually make sense that trucks can drive 110 km/h in the first place either.
Due to the reasons mentioned above, I think a new speed limiter wouldn't be a good idea and I highly doubt that TruckersMP will implement such thing only for Skodas.

The problem in here is, players who drive skodas tend to troll or drive more reckless than the players who drive trucks. But yeah, cars can drive at 120km/h maybe 130km/h max. it makes no sense when cars cant overtake trucks. Truck limit should be 90km/h (make it 100-110 since it is a game) and make car limit 120km/h 130km/h. i have seen so many car drivers forced to push out of the road by trucks. (failing to yield). cars should have a little bit more max speed limit than what trucks have, come on people we are playing a simulation and cars cant overtake trucks? lol

p.s. i dont drive cars at all but it is annoying for both truck and car drivers.

some of the accidents happen on roads in eu server 1 is cars cant overtake trucks since they go at the same speed ( and some advanced players save edit their trucks and motors, for example DAF transmission + volvo engine makes the truck accelerate faster than a car.) cars should be definetely faster even if it is 10km/h faster.

and car drivers should take responsibility like save editing players, if they cause something they are responsible. 

also come on, dont base everything on C-D road, we are talking in general. cars should definitely have faster speeds than trucks, trucks should have less speeds than cars. this is how reality works and this is the way "simulation" should work.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:13 PM, LetiFreshi said:

There shouldn't be any new "Speed limit" only for Skodas. 
Actually we should be happy that TruckersMP has implemented a car for a Trucking Game in the first place. 

C-D road for example is a mess already. Imagine cars now driving faster than they even can as of now. There would be too many crashes etc. which is just annoying. 

If you're on about realism, it wouldn't actually make sense that trucks can drive 110 km/h in the first place either.
Due to the reasons mentioned above, I think a new speed limiter wouldn't be a good idea and I highly doubt that TruckersMP will implement such thing only for Skodas.

In that aspect, I agree with you.
But wouldn't it be possible to set a higher speed limit for cars on motorways?
Because on motorways there is usually less traffic and there is often more space available, so players could keep enough space between each other. 

3 hours ago, Vodila Iz Ada said:

@[ÖZ BOLU] Serhat Make car limit 130 km/h that them was more convenient troll? 

you can NOT stop trolling no matter what you do and why limit others enjoying their time just because of some trollers? the perspective of your opinion is just twisted with no acceptance of opposite. get outta here (._. )

On 7/7/2020 at 7:46 AM, [ÖZ BOLU] Serhat said:

The problem in here is, players who drive skodas tend to troll or drive more reckless than the players who drive trucks. But yeah, cars can drive at 120km/h maybe 130km/h max. it makes no sense when cars cant overtake trucks. Truck limit should be 90km/h (make it 100-110 since it is a game) and make car limit 120km/h 130km/h. i have seen so many car drivers forced to push out of the road by trucks. (failing to yield). cars should have a little bit more max speed limit than what trucks have, come on people we are playing a simulation and cars cant overtake trucks? lol

Skoda's troll more so they need a higher speed limit, that's your logic.  You can claim realism if ou want but if we want to be realistic we should get rid of the cars entirely since this is a Truck Simulator using a mod called TruckersMP, no SkodasMP.  Not to mention if a car can't properly overtake another vehicle, that's their own problem, nothing's stopping trucks limited to the same speed from overtaking.  Either you do because it's safe and you're capable of completing the manuever without risk to anyone, or you DON'T.  End of story.

some of the accidents happen on roads in eu server 1 is cars cant overtake trucks since they go at the same speed ( and some advanced players save edit their trucks and motors, for example DAF transmission + volvo engine makes the truck accelerate faster than a car.) cars should be definetely faster even if it is 10km/h faster.

and car drivers should take responsibility like save editing players, if they cause something they are responsible. 

That's not an issue related to cars or speed limits, that's an issue related to bad drivers. And they do take responsibility, they receive bans and punishments for their crappy driving.

also come on, dont base everything on C-D road, we are talking in general. cars should definitely have faster speeds than trucks, trucks should have less speeds than cars. this is how reality works and this is the way "simulation" should work.

You want to talk reality and simulation, do the speed limit and stop speeding.  Even if you'e overtaking a vehicle on the highway a cop can still give you a ticket for going above te speed limit. There's a reason most places don't go driving as fast as they can like it's a race track. TMP should put the speed limiter at whatever the highway truck speed limits are set at. 

13 hours ago, [ÖZ BOLU] Serhat said:

you can NOT stop trolling no matter what you do and why limit others enjoying their time just because of some trollers? the perspective of your opinion is just twisted with no acceptance of opposite. get outta here (._. )

Simple. Because the only way to limit those "trollers" (is this even a word?), to limit accidents due to reckless/careless driving or simply players with no driving skills or poor control methods, is by limiting THE MOD, since it can't be done for some specific users. Raise the speed limits because some people want to go faster with their cars, you raise them for everyone. Those who can handle the speeds and those who can't and will turn MP into a wrecking chaos. And don't forget the "trollers", they'd be so happy knowing that no trucks can run away from their "Skodas" anymore...

I personally don't think this is a good idea. Generally trolls are known to drive Skodas and without the speed limiter, it would give them an unfair advantage towards the people who actually drive realistic in the game. I actually personally drive the Skoda slower than trucks in this game, as I feel as though I don't have as much control in the car than the truck.

Since the the 68mph/110kmh speed limiter. I have definitely seen a very big improvement in the way people drive in this game, and more people are taking this game more seriously. I personally think it should stay how it currently is.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

23 hours ago, [ÖZ BOLU] Serhat said:

It will become even worse. Do you understand that?

I believe that this will increase the number of trolls, especially when there is a promotion on steam, we noticed this recently in July.
The amount of reports is large, the moderators are overwhelmed with the amount of notifications, the world situation due to the pandemic everyone already knows.
Increasing the speed limit would cause a number of factors, players affected by trolls will become demotivated, the team will become overwhelmed, and the fun and simulation will cease to exist due to these reasons and others that will emerge in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @maltemax211!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you feel that you'll want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived