New speed limit for cars?

maltemax211

Hey guys,

I would love to hear your thoughts about a new speed limit for cars.

Since the 1.37 appeared the handling of cars is much better, than before and you can drive higher speed's without any problems. 

If I'm driving with my friends in some trucks, I like to drive realistic truck speeds, cause the game focuses on realism.

But if I try to get fast to my destination, with a car, on the Autobahn, it's pretty annoying, to drive with just 110 km/h,which is a pretty unrealistic speed on the Autobahn.

So I would love to see a new speed limit for cars, that would allow us to drive speeds like 180-200 km/h...

Drive safe guys!?

speed limit 5.png

Hey there and welcome to the forums :).

I halfly agree with you on this, while 110 km/h being the current limit is kinda slow (for cars atleast)

i wouldn't take it as high as up to 200 km/h in the beginning. Maybe start with smaller steps (e.g 130 km/h)

and analyze how it impacts the game. Also, if you want you can make a suggestion about it here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/285-suggestions/

It will be looked at by a staff member and then they will decide if they accept the suggestion, decline it or open it up for public discussion

which involves us, the community.

PS: You drive safe too ✌️

Best Regards

Zysto

Have a nice day!

• Project Manager

From a simulation point of view, a higher speed limit for cars would be better because cars have different speed limits in real life as well.

However, the physics of the car ingame is way different from cars in real life.

We did our best to improve the physics and steering behavior.

ETS2 and ATS are truck simulators and there are some things we can't change. The game does not have a way to determine whether you are driving a car or a truck (for the game, the car is a truck). We can't just change steering behavior etc.

As you might know, you easily loose control over the car when breaking or driving very fast. In real life, this effect is not that intense. This fact makes it impossible for us to raise or remove the speed limit for cars. We don't want any more accidents.

I hope this is understandable.

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

30 minutes ago, chipmunk197 said:

i think the speed limit should be lower at least set to the road speed limit would reduce so many more crashes 

Except this is TMP so it wouldn't, it would cause more as people will try to overtake still! 

49 minutes ago, Lasse said:

From a simulation point of view, a higher speed limit for cars would be better because cars have different speed limits in real life as well.

However, the physics of the car ingame is way different from cars in real life.

We did our best to improve the physics and steering behavior.

ETS2 and ATS are truck simulators and there are some things we can't change. The game does not have a way to determine whether you are driving a car or a truck (for the game, the car is a truck). We can't just change steering behavior etc.

As you might know, you easily loose control over the car when breaking or driving very fast. In real life, this effect is not that intense. This fact makes it impossible for us to raise or remove the speed limit for cars. We don't want any more accidents.

I hope this is understandable.

Exactly, also the sound stops at 125 MPH ( you just hear the wheels ) unless FMOD changed that? But yea driving the car at speed is a death wish, i will openly admit i have lost it at 68 MPH while slowing for bends due to the car wanting to rip itself a new one & on ATS its like forcing two magnets to repel each other, you simply open a black hole & all hell breaks loose...

tenor.gif?itemid=9879886

2 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Exactly, also the sound stops at 125 MPH ( you just hear the wheels ) unless FMOD changed that? But yea driving the car at speed is a death wish, i will openly admit i have lost it at 68 MPH while slowing for bends due to the car wanting to rip itself a new one & on ATS its like forcing two magnets to repel each other, you simply open a black hole & all hell breaks loose...

Oh boy, I've just about lost count of how many times I've lost grip joining the highway on a steep downhill corner, indeed a huge pain. You also have to consider the "hit box" of your car while overtaking a truck - cut them off accidentally and it'll send them flying.

Yeah I had the same problems in the past, but after the 1.37 Update the cars are much more stable and I drove long distances in the singleplayer, with an average speed of over 150 km/h with my logitech g29...

The car was stable the whole time and I never lost control. That's why I thought about a higher  speed limit... But I haye no experience with a keyboard, is it still undrivable at higher speeds??

1 hour ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Really, i wondered why that happens when cars overtake you....How much longer or wider is it than the car? 

I usually try to maximize the distance with other drivers before joining back the lane, I've had few occasions where I joined back too early and sent them to mars - quite literally, and I felt terrible. I figured leaving at least 3/4 another car's worth of distance is safe, anything lesser/nearer than that and you'll be putting them at risk.

The tale of the Autobahn where everybody is allowed to drive as fast as they can is simply spoken a myth.

The few areas without a speed limit are not even worth accelerating because there are so many road constructions on the Autobahn that will limit you to 80 km/h or even 60 km/h for countless kilometers.

Driving at 180 to 200 km/h is therefore far off realism and dangerous.

I dont think we need to set the speed limit
up...
110 km/h is a fine speed for online

Komo02 | Master Trucker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danish

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMP Profile
Twitch

5 hours ago, Syln said:

I usually try to maximize the distance with other drivers before joining back the lane, I've had few occasions where I joined back too early and sent them to mars - quite literally, and I felt terrible. I figured leaving at least 3/4 another car's worth of distance is safe, anything lesser/nearer than that and you'll be putting them at risk.

So basically like irl then, because if you pulled in as close as people do in game you would end up like Jack Joy from Car Throttle in his Golf 

7 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

So basically like irl then, because if you pulled in as close as people do in game you would end up like Jack Joy from Car Throttle in his Golf 

LOL yes! It's always better to leave a safe distance - sadly quite an amount of players don't understand this.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, Syln said:

I figured leaving at least 3/4 another car's worth of distance is safe, anything lesser/nearer than that and you'll be putting them at risk.

Even with a full car length that'd be considered cutting off the vehicle and is illegal, or at least it is where I'm from.  Even if you're not hitting the other vehicle though, just cutting in like that is still a dick move, especially since you've removed any safe stopping distance that truck had if something suddenly happens.

Cars in TruckersMP have been the preferred weapon for trolls since the moment they were released. Allowing them to have a higher speed is only giving the trolls a more powerful weapon. Some players can use the car properly, sure, but that should never be a reason to justify enhancing the trolls arsenal. So no, thank you, there are lots of games out there where players are supposed to drive cars as fast as possible, TruckersMP is not one of them. If you need to reach a destination, you can always find jobs that will lead you there, so you can use a truck, get a profit and more importantly, you will be doing what's supposed to be done in this game/mod.

@Lasse

A method of detecting the cars would be for the game to detect the car's wheels which are unique to cars only and then adjust the speed limit accordingly. This detection feature is already implemented for police lights so that admeeens can use sirens (which are all server side), so theoretically it would be possible to have a different speed limit for cars as the server can detect that they are different from trucks. 

Practically though, the speed limit for cars should not exceed 80 mph as that is the speed limit in atsmp for all vehicles and that hasn't led to disastrous consequences. The handling of the Skoda (and any future cars) will always be a limitation. 

Regards, 

Quality_Productions 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

Archived