Best DLC to buy?

Strad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been enjoying Italy as of late. Very nice scenery. I wish more people get it so there would be more traffic to interact with. They also have 3 lane highways instead of two.

This may be a bit late however I do feel personally the Scandinavia DLC is the best DLC for first time add-on buyers to delve into. For its age it still has beautiful coastal roads that you could drive over for days on end and still be amazed by the attention to detail by SCS. The twisty mountainous roads offer an extra challenge to even the most talented players, it is also, from what I have seen a typical representation of what Scandinavian road structures are like. However, if you want pure mileage I do feel that the Scandinavian DLC is not for you.

Beyond the Baltic Sea is also a truly astounding DLC as it does bring a unique experience to the standard ETS2 world with the landscapes of the Baltic countries. The added attention of the border check protocol carried out in the Russian area along with the small villages and towns outside of the major locations. The HTC trailer involved in Finland is also an extra challenge for players to take on and makes the experience more entertaining.

If I had to pick my first DLC I would pick one of these due to the sheer attention to detail and beauty of them both. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, you can't really go wrong with any of them. I will say though that I tend to spend the most time in the included sections of the map, despite owning all but one of the map expansion DLCs. I really should be exploring more of the DLC expansion areas!

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

For some of the DLCs, you would need other DLCs to reach the start of another. Keeping this in mind, my recommendations will be in order of which ones you should get first and then you can expand out, while also having the best experience with the game.

My recommendations are:

1. Scandinavia (really nice scenery, especially with all of the bridges across this DLC).

2. France.

3. Italia (Italy).

4. Going East.

5. Black Sea.

6. Baltic Sea.

Archived