Hot topic #27: 1.38 Open Beta

Matt

Hey Truckers!

Welcome to the 27th edition of the Hot Topic series here on our forums!

In the last few weeks, SCS Software have released the 1.38 Open Beta for both ATS and ETS2.

Have you played on the new update? Are you looking forward to the new update?

Feel free to share your opinion about the update below!

Discuss this all below in this edition of Hot Topic...

• Like 5

yo

I think 1.38 is a massive update in terms of efficiency for VTC's and TMP event staff for being able to totally tighten up their livery colours. Gone will be the days of having to laboriously go through singleplayer mods to get things to work correctly in MP.

Massively looking forward to it. :)

• Like 2

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Guest Cowie

Let me explore 1.37 first, please. :kappa:

I always like seeing what SCS will bring in their next game version, so I look forward to 1.38!

I was really surprised that the betas came out so soon, I'm still waiting for the 1.37 to be more stabilized in TMP, like that engine failure, or the horns and stuff.

I know that the developers in a short time will be able to give a good update of the 1.37. in the 1.38 I haven't explored it yet, I just saw a video, I'm one of those waiting for TMP to test the new versions. But I hope we have a very good 1.38 ?

• HaulieLove 1

LEITO-FORO.png

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛᴇ ᴅᴇ ᴊᴜɢᴀᴅᴏʀᴇꜱ: https://truckersmp.com/reports

ᴀᴘᴇʟᴀᴄɪóɴ ᴅᴇ ʙᴀɴꜱ : https://truckersmp.com/appeals

ʀᴇɢʟᴀꜱ ᴅᴇʟ ᴊᴜᴇɢᴏ: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/82688-truckersmp-rules-spanish-reglas-de-truckersmp-español-05082020/

I played it, I think it's a nice update.

Roads are Fine, Petrol offices etc. things that I can not count have been added.

I'm looking forward to 1.38 Update. ^_^ :tmp:

16 hours ago, User_868691 said:

I think 1.38 is a massive update in terms of efficiency for VTC's and TMP event staff for being able to totally tighten up their livery colours. Gone will be the days of having to laboriously go through singleplayer mods to get things to work correctly in MP.

Massively looking forward to it. :)

OMG U see this??? ur number 86 86 9, u have 86 reaction and 66 post! Amazing

I am still discovering 1.38. I liked the new access to Lille, for now ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mineiro Uai said:

OMG U see this??? ur number 86 86 9, u have 86 reaction and 66 post! Amazing

And now I've ruined it. :P

@ScaniaFan89 raises a good point about the horns being returned to their original "pre-FMOD" state. I think most people welcome this change moving forward. From twitch streams, to forum posts, to discord messages, the message overall was clear; people do not want all their horns to sound the same. I don't even believe that SCS meant this in the first place, so perhaps it's part of the reason why the original horns are returning.

• Haha 1

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

1 hour ago, User_868691 said:

And now I've ruined it. :P

@ScaniaFan89 raises a good point about the horns being returned to their original "pre-FMOD" state. I think most people welcome this change moving forward. From twitch streams, to forum posts, to discord messages, the message overall was clear; people do not want all their horns to sound the same. I don't even believe that SCS meant this in the first place, so perhaps it's part of the reason why the original horns are returning.

While that's true for some of them i.e Scania R & Streamline V8 horn,Renault Magnum / Premium horn & the Iveco HiWay horn its not for the rest, SCS need to record or add the real horns for those trucks ( what annoys me is people find unused files with better recordings that SCS did but never added ). Theres a good example with the DAF Paccar engine recording, someone found unused filed deep in the game code which actually contain cleaner samples ( you can hear the engine clatter & other sounds )...These are what you used to hear in their Recording Session videos but not in the end product in game! While its true most euro trucks have the same air horn the " Fiamm Jericho ", they don't all have the same tone due to variations in air pressure ( some are high pitched while others are lower )

• Like 1

I have not yet updated to the beta, as I usually wait until TruckersMP supports each update, so I can try it out with friends! I am, however, delighted to see the addition of the hex colour picker when customising paint jobs. It's a feature that's long overdue for those of us in VTCs. 

I am also so excited to see all the unique truck dealerships. I feel this will definitely make the game feel much more realistic, and makes each city a bit more unique than before! I really hope they continue to do this for other buildings, such as the hotels and recruitment agencies, or maybe even the different companies!

ioJopO8.jpg

I've updated to the beta for ATS and visited the truck stops in Las Vegas, they look so realistic to the Truck Stops IRL and I can't wait until SCS adds the Truck Stop throughout the rest of the map.

I haven't updated to the ETS2 beta yet, however I have seen screenshots of the truck dealers and they look so much better compared to the truck dealerships in 1.37.

The new SSAO graphic feature in both ATS and ETS2 will definitely make both games look even better for people who have more powerful computers. Also the new color picker will be amazing to VTCs.

I usually don't update ETS2 since I play TMP most times but the screenshots from SCS make the update look amazing. The reskin of Lille looks great and the new unique truck dealers are out of this world.

I like updating my ATS to see the new features myself. Las Vegas actually looks like it is in real life. The new truck stops are simply perfect. I am hoping Idaho comes along with this update or at least a few weeks after.

newbrothetigertitlesmall.png.52f4f397cd2abfb84be8b5a205e15502.png

AHL Event Team

I haven't played the new update either
i will stick to online

Komo02 | Master Trucker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danish

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMP Profile
Twitch