Dekotora Trucks

Lime.

Hey all. I have recently found a new style of trucking known as "dekotora". Dekotora trucks are commonly found across Japan and are covered in accessories ranging from chromed parts to flashy neon lights. Many people say that these trucks are "hideous" however it is actually seen as a hobby for many people and are actually known to be a work of art. Dekotora trucks feature hand painted pictures usually illustrating the driver's culture and origin. Believe it or not these trucks are actually road legal (with the lights switched off) and are typically seen at festivals where other drivers meetup to show their work of art. So, What do you guys think about dekotora trucks? Let me know ?

spacer.pngspacer.png

dekotora.png

10 hours ago, LimeLime05 said:

Many people say that these trucks are "hideous" however it is actually seen as a hobby for many people and are actually known to be a work of art. 

The many people are right.  One man can polish a turd and claim it's beautiful but to the rest of the world it is still just a turd. ?

Honestly the more I look at this the more I just feel sorry for what was probably a once beautiful truck. To each their own, I'm not trying to give anyone crap for their preferences, but it looks like something a 5 year old would draw as a "space truck".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

As this thread has been inactive for over 14 days, I'm going to lock it and move it to archives, to keep our forum organised. 

If you want your topic to be brought back, please contact any forum moderator or me via DMs. 

Kind regards, 

.Christopher

TruckersMP Community Moderator Leader 

// Locked & Moved to archives. 

banner

Archived