Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Moderator Hiring for ATS

Twitch.tv/Ktigris2

I just found out that in order for me to make sure a person who has committed an infraction gets punished and that a report gets to a moderator I now gotta submit a web report. Why aren't there a lot of moderators in ATS like there used to be? Bad enough I got a small window of opportunity to report them the old way now I either gotta get a clip from a live stream or screen shot with the persons name committing the offense? There isn't enough time when this happens and get off the road to prevent blocking. Why not just hire more ATS players to do it? I offer to do so if its what its gonna take to ensure the riff raff get a vacation from causing problems.

Well what I do before lodging a report is I like to hit record before every journey and when an incident happens, I take a screenshot of the timing on my phone so I can use it later on. Nobody said you have to report instantly, but don't take too long either.

I believe you can also report another player in-game on the spot by pressing tab and navigating over to the player's name on the name list and report them respectively.

Short answer is it's not as easy as one might think. Think of these steps as below;

• Human Resources open Public Game Moderator applications.
  • HR Team has to sort thru hundreds possibly thousands finding the right candidate.
  • Then (if) you become part of the Game Moderator team you'll join as a Trainee. During this time you'll be paired with a Game Moderator Trainer (GMT) who teaches you everything you need to know.
  • It's only after you (or the individual) becomes a full fledged Report Moderator/Game Moderator. 

I have a little over two years experience and I'll be the first to say I've seen some people join or apply for the wrong reasons. I originally joined the community back in 2016 and the ATS side of the community was worse than it is today.My opinion anyway. However during my time as a Game Moderator/Game Moderator Leader I enjoyed my time doing reports on the ATS side of things. Yes majority of the community is more focused on ETS2, so that is why more GM's usually moderate ETS2 for the simple fact there is much more to do there compared to ATS. During my time as a Player I saw what the ATS community was turning into and that's why I applied to become staff. If you have plenty of time, and willing to put the work into becoming a Report/Game Moderator then I would suggest you apply the next time they open applications. As a side note - the TruckersMP team lives worldwide. While they have responsibilities to uphold within the community, they also live everyday jobs like you or myself. So just because you don't see one in-game doesn't mean they aren't out there. While it does happen, the worst case scenario is your in-game report gets timed out/expired. In this case you would need to submit a web report. While submitting a web report does take a bit longer to fill out - it ensures the incident will be reviewed by a Report/Game Moderator. I'll leave links below. 

Ranks of the TruckersMP Community

How to use the Report System

How to record in-game & upload evidence

18 hours ago, Syln said:

Well what I do before lodging a report is I like to hit record before every journey and when an incident happens, I take a screenshot of the timing on my phone so I can use it later on. Nobody said you have to report instantly, but don't take too long either.

I believe you can also report another player in-game on the spot by pressing tab and navigating over to the player's name on the name list and report them respectively.

I did that already Syln and unfortunately never heard if action was taken cause it probably timed out. My HD space is limited and recording every trip would take up said space as I do 9-10 trips a day some going 2000+ miles.

17 hours ago, K0rnholio said:

Short answer is it's not as easy as one might think. Think of these steps as below;

• Human Resources open Public Game Moderator applications.
  • HR Team has to sort thru hundreds possibly thousands finding the right candidate.
  • Then (if) you become part of the Game Moderator team you'll join as a Trainee. During this time you'll be paired with a Game Moderator Trainer (GMT) who teaches you everything you need to know.
  • It's only after you (or the individual) becomes a full fledged Report Moderator/Game Moderator. 

I have a little over two years experience and I'll be the first to say I've seen some people join or apply for the wrong reasons. I originally joined the community back in 2016 and the ATS side of the community was worse than it is today.My opinion anyway. However during my time as a Game Moderator/Game Moderator Leader I enjoyed my time doing reports on the ATS side of things. Yes majority of the community is more focused on ETS2, so that is why more GM's usually moderate ETS2 for the simple fact there is much more to do there compared to ATS. During my time as a Player I saw what the ATS community was turning into and that's why I applied to become staff. If you have plenty of time, and willing to put the work into becoming a Report/Game Moderator then I would suggest you apply the next time they open applications. As a side note - the TruckersMP team lives worldwide. While they have responsibilities to uphold within the community, they also live everyday jobs like you or myself. So just because you don't see one in-game doesn't mean they aren't out there. While it does happen, the worst case scenario is your in-game report gets timed out/expired. In this case you would need to submit a web report. While submitting a web report does take a bit longer to fill out - it ensures the incident will be reviewed by a Report/Game Moderator. I'll leave links below. 

Ranks of the TruckersMP Community

How to use the Report System

How to record in-game & upload evidence

I find it a coincidence that two totally different players with Twitch Tv in their names got harassed in a 24 hour period. My Twitch Friend who was streaming was able to do the web reporting thing but due to me not streaming I was not able to get video footage of two drivers of hispanic nationality blocking me and another driver, causing unnecessary accidents and damaging loads. Then because they were doing this they were laughing and joking about it on the CB. Getting tired of it when traveling to California and Arizona during the evening. Plus they didn't do it once it was done 3 times before I was able to safely get around them and leave.

18 minutes ago, Twitch.tv/Ktigris2 said:

I find it a coincidence that two totally different players with Twitch Tv in their names got harassed in a 24 hour period. My Twitch Friend who was streaming was able to do the web reporting thing but due to me not streaming I was not able to get video footage of two drivers of hispanic nationality blocking me and another driver, causing unnecessary accidents and damaging loads.

Doesn't matter if you (or anyone) has twitch.tv/<username> or not. No matter what game you play ATS or ETS2 you will always find trolls who want to do nothing but ruin the fun for other people. As for the part that you weren't able to do anything - all I can say is this is the reason why you always have recording software running. I'd personally recommend Medal or Shadowplay as they both have options to record the last X amount of time. It's a pain, but Moderators can't be everywhere at once and at the same time it's not easy to just "hire more moderators" there is an extensive process as I mentioned because TMP needs to make sure they are selecting the right person for the job. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello @Twitch.tv/Ktigris2!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you'll feel that you want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived