Slow traffic in overcrowded areas?

BlizzardCrow

Hello dear community,

I am a driver who always tries to follow the traffic rules, including the speed limits.  But yesterday I had a case that bothered me and I would like to know what you think about it:

Yesterday I drove a 1500 km tour from Poland to Calais, and for more fun I also used the C-D route.  About 250 km long a truck which had a locomotive loaded and a very weak truck was driving in front of me.  The player always drove the route with only 30 to 40 km/h which caused many people to overtake and endangered the traffic.  I myself drove behind and was a bit annoyed because this way of driving is quite provocative and blocking.  In some countries it is also forbidden to prevent traffic.

According to the rules it is, as far as I know, allowed to slow down traffic like that. 

What do you say to that?  Is it allowed?  And shouldn't it be forbidden to drive so slowly in busy areas?

Greetings

Well indeed someone driving slow on a crowded road can create some dangerous situations and will also probably get annoying quickly if there are no ways to overtake safely.

But we also have to consider some people are new and can't afford a truck (or are too low lvl) which can pull heavy cargos at higher speeds.

I had a case like this today, but the player was driving around 60 which is totally fine since this is the speed commonly used in real life.

If i were to be in that players position i would either avoid going to crowded places with too heavy trailers,

avoid taking such heavy loads or atleast make room real quick so people can pass safely.

Best Regards

Zysto

Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Nomine [GER] said:

The player always drove the route with only 30 to 40 km/h which caused many people to overtake and endangered the traffic.  I myself drove behind and was a bit annoyed because this way of driving is quite provocative and blocking.  In some countries it is also forbidden to prevent traffic.

According to the rules it is, as far as I know, allowed to slow down traffic like that. 

What do you say to that?  Is it allowed?  And shouldn't it be forbidden to drive so slowly in busy areas?

If he was purposely speeding up and slowing down to prevent people from overtaking, I'd count it as blocking, otherwise a slow truck struggling up a hill isn't exactly a crime, especially since the truck limit for most of C-D road is 60 kph - to my knowledge, I don't have ETS2.  

While it would be polite for the slower vehicle to pull off and allow traffic to pass; such as at a gas station, rest stop, or large shoulder, I don't think being slow really breaks any rules or laws.  I don't really think it's his fault that players can't overtake safely on a busy, winding, single lane road.

Can he get up to road speed limit or trailer speed limit on straight flat sections? If the load is heavy, 60km/h is acceptable, but so is abiding any road speed limits that are lower than that.

If he needs to slow down to 50/40/30km/h for a corner, becasue his stability is low, that si fine.

If he crawls up an incline, because the load is heavy, that is fine.

If he brakes while driving down the hill, maybe he don't want to gain too much extra speed with heavy load, and crash.

Failing at this, it can be troll, but it can be new player, who picked unsuitable job for his truck, it would be hard to prove, unless he would turn around at the end of the road and drive back.

All of these 110km/h locomotive trailers are save edited anyway, they don't have matching weight, it's just a visual appearance of the actual load, so you can't really say, if the trailer is heavy, and you can't see other player truck's power output either, 

it would be cool, if we had the ability to inspect certain stats of player's vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course he has the right to drive there, there is not much left for him.

He also has to reach his destination somehow and therefore he has to take the appropriate route.

Of course he could have used a less frequented road, but that's up to him.

Besides, you could overtake him without exceeding a maximum speed of 80 km/h, if he actually only drove 30 to 40 km/h. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @[WT] BlizzardCrow [GER]!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you feel that you'll want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived