Why Don’t People Go To Their Last Autosave Instead of Teleporting to Garage In The Event of a Rollover?

garsenault

So keep in mind - When someone spawns (save or autosave) they are granted a short amount of time of "Ghost Mode." Now let me ask you this; 

If you were minding your own business traveling down a road, driving the speed limit, enjoying some tunes, but then someone spawned right in front of you and you weren't paying attention and their Ghost Mode expired causing a collision. Wouldn't you be upset that the user chose to use an autosave rather than doing the more logical thing than using F7 to teleport to the nearest service station? Using F7 to teleport to a service station is best for everyone. Yes it's more "realistic" but more importantly it keeps the road safer so other individuals don't have to worry about a user spawning right in front of them. Yes the Ghost Mode feature should prevent things like this - but doesn't mean it always will. You have to think about it on a larger or busier road as well. Imagine you were driving the C-D road during peak hours. Traffic coming towards you the opposite way and let's say you're on the bridge or part of the road with a barrier on your side of the road. Someone uses an autosave in front of you - you can't swerve to the left as traffic is coming and you can't swerve to the right as the barrier is there. Do you chance it and run thru the person? Or do you slow down possibly causing a chain reaction of small fender benders behind you? Whatever you choose the other individual (loading the autosave) is putting everyone in danger. If they wanted to drive on the C-D road they should have used the service station and then from there relocate the C-D road and drive again. 

So it's not always about being "realistic" but more respecting other individuals on the road and not spawn in the middle of the road.    

Hmmmm... that is a great point

Certainly in singleplayer, going to the last autosave is great, but in mp your point is true i never rlly thought of that

But If you do go to the last autosave, and you move your vehicle off the roadway right away (if you are for sure that the road you will spawn on will have room to pull off the road) the ghost mode should allow enough time for that (But the initial spawn of the vehicle could cause a reaction from someone behind, so it depends i guess)

but great point again

In the game I use both options depending on the situation.  If I have an accident in the middle of the drive, I usually use F7.  But if after 2500km I am only a few (less than 200km) away from the destination, I like to load the Autosave to save time and to repair the freight damage. (Virtual Spedition)

While I understand this may be a fast solution— and probably one of the best ones, if you're in singleplayer— this may not be the case for multiplayer. Loading an autosave will put your truck in the position on the road you were in, when that save was made. Therefore, if you were in a populated area at that time, you could cause quite an amount of danger if you choose to load the autosave.

Yes, you might say ghost mode is a feature— and a very useful one at that; however, ghost mode only lasts for twenty seconds after loading in. This means that if the save does not load in at most fifteen seconds, you are causing an immense amount of danger to others around you. You might fail to get moving in time, or another truck might not notice you're in ghost mode, and swerve around you— not to mention what incidents could occur if you take more than twenty seconds to load in to the area.

With all this being said; teleporting to services; quick travelling to a garage; or loading a save, in which you know your truck is parked in a safe place; are the safest options in this situation, as they have a significantly lower chance of anything catastrophic happening.

ioJopO8.jpg

I think the main points have already been raised here, but overall the decision not to use an autosave is as a courtesy to other players. On the likes of C-D route, Ghost Mode offers very limited protection to players (as there is nowhere for a player to go due to the limited space and traffic).

There are exceptions to this of course; such as making use of the hard shoulder before quitting the game, thus being well out of harms way when you enact the save in question.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Actually a very good question - I've never thought of loading up an autosave whenever I'm involved in a collision that kills my truck. I like to just F7 and teleport to the nearest workshop ASAP. Like what @K0rnholio said, I've ran into countless of people who suddenly spawns in front of me after their ghost mode expires - especially at night when their lights aren't turned on. Everybody made a good point ^^

You don't do a lot of World of Trucks jobs I guess. There's no loading autosaves to recover from damage or a roll-over when you're doing them, the only thing you get is to wait for some seconds only to spawn in ghost mode in the exact same position and with the exact same damage. So for people like me, doing only WoT external contracts, loading autosaves is simply not an option. And for the reasons mentioned above (and having been a victim of ghost-riders myself) I'd never use autosaves even if I could. There's no such thing as "Return to the future" trucks, if your vehicle is totaled, the only reasonable thing to do is call a tow service (this, of course, is just personal opinion and preference)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived