Help me shape the future of ETS2 with 5 minutes of your time.

FawnPrince

Hello kind stranger,

It might seem weird to you because yes, this post is about promoting another post, but it's for the common good, so hear me out.

Basically, I've submitted a suggestion on the official SCS forum. It is about implementing TIR plates, ADR plates on trucks and much more such as 'Exceptional convoy' banners and signs as customization. I need your help because these kinds of suggestions need a lot of support from the community in order to be considered by SCS. In order to do that you can provide support by voting in the poll and commenting in the post that will be linked. If you don't have much time, just click the link, look at the big writing and pictures and cast your vote.

Now, you might ask yourself: Why should I help your suggestion in particular? This is fully understandable, so I have compiled a list of reasons so you can make up your mind.

1. It is a very easy implementation to the game. Most of what I ask in the thread already exists in ETS2 or ATS but are not available as proper customization. Moreover, these small additions can add a gigantic amount of detail and realism to your trucks.

2. Unlike most posts in the same section of the SCS forum, I have spent the last couple of days documenting and working on the subject so you can envision most of my thoughts.

3. Your votes actually have their importance. Indeed, some popular suggestions have, in the past, made it into the game thanks to community suggestions.

Link to the forum thread: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=286748

Note that I am not asking for a positive opinion, but only your honest opinion. The poll and comments are here to determine what the ETS2 community thinks of the suggestion, so we can provide a useful addition to the rest of the community.

Thanks for your time, happy trucking!

Note to the mods: I have read the rules 3 times, and I am almost certain this post doesn't break any rules. If I do, I'm terribly sorry and will live the rest of my life in utter shame.

Pretty sure SCS are well aware of many similar small quality of life improvements, that's been demanded by community for many years, but unfortunatelly, these never made it too far up the wishlist.

Cab mounted airhorns in ETS2 - imagine that, that was suggested 5 years ago, still not implemented.

Regarding the plates on trucks, I would suggest, if corresponding plates were added automatically, when taking a job, just like it works with trailers now (even owned trailers), ADR plates appear on the back of trailers, when taking ADR jobs.

In case of stickers, like emmission class stickers, only those that your truck actually approves for, could be placed. Problem solved - no inappropriate usage.

Indeed, that was my main concern, players misusing banners, beacons and plates do ruin the fun with realism.

While the idea of the banners, or plates appearing on your truck when you take a trailer or cargo is a good one, it is unclear whether SCS will use this system or the one talked about in my post. Main reason being that both exist in ATS or ETS2.

For example, in ATS, you can put an 'oversize load' banner on you truck while hauling regular cargo. But if your own a trailer and haul hazardous cargo, an ADR plate will appear.

Perhaps a hybrid could be implemented where the player can choose where the ADR plate / banner should be placed when hauling hazardous or oversize cargo, or give the player the ability to put a folded ADR/TIR plate on its truck.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived