Kick: Unreliable Connection

Leon Bongartz

Question

Hey TruckersMP Community,

I am trying to help a friend out.

He gets kicked from the MP-Server a few seconds after connecting with the error message "Ureliable connection".

We already tried the following:

- Restarting the router and the computer

- Changing the DNS settings to Google DNS

- Resetting the winsock catalog

- Flushing the DNS-Chache

- Checking the AV / Firewall rules

- Running the launcher as administrator

His ping to the gameserver is about 30ms.

Thank you in advance,

Leon

20200628133246_1.jpg

9 answers to this question

Hello,

have your friend tried to troubleshoot his/her internet connection? Follow the steps below;

- Go to your PC settings
- Click on the search bar and type "troubleshoot settings"
- Click "additional troubleshooters
- Click "internet connections"
- Click "run the troubleshooter"

Hopefully this solution helps your friend. 

• Thanks 1

Stay happy and safe

Hello there!

First of all, this is not a bug or an issue with the mod. This is a user side problem which has to do with the internet connection issues such as packet loss, packet corruption or bad network bandwidth.

This is a feature that was added to avoid collision crashes due to internet connection lag and avoid people getting banned as it looked like they had NCZ hack but in fact they had bad connection with the server.

Possible Solutions:

There isn't any specific fix which will fix the problem instantly, but there are couple common fixes which could help avoid getting kicked.

Avoid spawning in a city with lots of players (Duisburg / Calais / Brussels ...), spawn in a city where

there are few players.

Avoid using Wi-Fi. LAN cables are always better.

Avoid uploading or downloading and playing MP at the same time.

Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.

Avoid having too many users or devices at the same time into your network.

Avoid using streaming services at the same time.

Check your firewall settings into your router/switch.

Prefer using servers nearest to your location.

Try to talk with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can come up with a solution. Ask your ISP if they support internet profiles such as Fast path or Interleave and ask for Interleave. Interleave will raise your ping but it will do more packet checks by your ISP.

Kind Regards
Sabbi [GER] 
TruckersMP Support

Hello there! :) 

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hey Beenz,

unfortunally the problem has not been solvet yet.

So far we additionally tried:

- Checking the network capacity

- Connection test to the EU SIM 1 Server (Ping, Jitter)

- Checking the Windows Defender Firewall / AV and Router Firewall for blocked packages

All network test showed no problems and a stable connection with no packatloss to the gameserver.

Kind Regards,

Leon

Hello,

I had the same issue with your friend in the past. I couldnt even enter the server because everytime I logged in, always got kicked with unreliable connection reason. So from my experience if your friend's network is good enough and the computer can really run the game well, I'd suggest you to make sure whether the drivers are fine or not. Since I had this issues twice caused by the drivers. My first case was caused by a processor driver when I checked the Device Manager there was a warning sign. I remembered that I just updated the drivers manually few days before, then I rolled-back it to previous version and my issue solved.

My second  case was about months ago, the same case caused by driver issue, but this time it was caused by my GPU driver (my GPU is AMD radeon). No warning signs in Device Manager, but I knew this happened after I updated the GPU driver with the latest version (it was optional release), I realized that the driver had some bugs so I tried to uninstall it and back to the older version (recommended release (WHQL)), after that I can play on TMP again. I hope this will help you & you friend ☺

Hello there,  

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

I hope you understand. 

Regards,
Rico
Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

sanamaria

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

Kind regards,                                                           

Sana                                    

39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0 f48JosS.png

Feedback | Support | Rules | Knowledge Base |