Highlight in-game id on the chat

LogRol

Suggestion Name: As per the title

Suggestion Description: When somebody writes an in-game id into the chat it would be helpful if the corresponding player could see that id highlighted with a color.

Example:

Player A (1234) wrotes this into the chat: 5678 lagging

Then

Player B (5678) would see this in the chat like this: A (1234): 5678 lagging

Any example images:  N/A

Why should it be added?: Sometimes we are not really sure what our in-game id is and this feature could also make a lot of things easier for admins. For example when they mention somebody by using their in-game id the person could notice the call immediately and could action the admin request quicker.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

There are good and bad things about the suggestion. 

I do like the idea actually as it would be like tagging someone in Discord. The message (or in this case the in game ID) would be highlighted which could indeed improve the communication among each other. 
If you for example would like to remind a certain user in Duisburg of something, there’s a chance of the user not seeing it. 
„Tagging“ the user can be helpful. 

However, we should keep in mind that there are always people abusing such system as they’re will most likely be people spamming the in game ID by a person, which is then always getting highlighted for the certain user. 
I can imagine that being kind of annoying. 

All in all a good suggestion though!

On 7/1/2020 at 2:27 AM, brothetiger said:

I think this idea is great but it can be made better. For example you have to mention the id with @ since people could be saying the speed limit or some other number. I have a feeling this will be abused of course but that could be solved with a toggle in the client settings.

this way is a great ad on to your idea if this was used in the way it would be very helpfull also in event it would be helpfull for cc and other thing like it 

• Upvote 3

• Business Analyst

Sounds like a nice idea, provided that the suggestion from brothetiger is also added. As the suggestion says, it should only stand out when your ID is mentioned. The IDs of other players should remain the default colour. 

I would like to point out that this has been suggested before and recently accepted, though. 

• Thanks 1