Fiber.

59 minutes ago, Owen. said:

I think many cities deserve a remake, particularly the bigger cities (capital cities and highly populated cities) where they shouldn't just be "copies" of one another. I think it's all down to timing. I wouldn't be opposed to any remakes personally :D 

I'm absolutely agree with you. Many cities looks like copy and paste. I would also like to have some cities that are bigger with more streets and  also tiny streets which lead through residential areas. Often it don't feels like driving through a real city.

1 minute ago, Gus. said:

I'm absolutely agree with you. Many cities looks like copy and paste. I would also like to have some cities that are bigger with more streets and  also tiny streets which lead through residential areas. Often it don't feels like driving through a real city.

Yes exactly, it's why I enjoy driving through promods. But in hindsight, you have to respect the SCS work load. I'm sure they'll get around to it soon enough :D 

1 minute ago, Owen. said:

Yes exactly, it's why I enjoy driving through promods. But in hindsight, you have to respect the SCS work load. I'm sure they'll get around to it soon enough :D 

It was not my intention to criticize SCS, they are doing a pretty good job and when I look a few year back, they updated cities which are now looking way better than before.

I was already thinking about playing on the promods map, but I'm afraid of empty streets and cities because so few player playing on promods.

1 minute ago, Gus. said:

It was not my intention to criticize SCS, they are doing a pretty good job and when I look a few year back, they updated cities which are now looking way better than before.

I was already thinking about playing on the promods map, but I'm afraid of empty streets and cities because so few player playing on promods.

It depends where you go honestly. Surprisingly I can be driving in the middle of nowhere and still see the odd truck. It's worth it! :D 

It is good to know that Lille will be reWorked; but I would like calais or some older cities like Amsterdam or Rotterdam and especially what the UK means, because if you look at it in a certain way it's the only place you spend from 1.37 to 1.1.1 because it hasn't been reached yet with very important or significant changes, because if we look at Germany's 1.30 vs the current change too, unlike what happens in the UK that many cities are still very similar and with a not very current touch. 

On the other hand one thing I'd like to see in 1.38 is to add some way are new paint jobs or some new modifiable features of trucks without requiring DLC in addition to new trailers modifiable and of course modifiable as would be bulk cargo or any type of fuel tanker [as in version 1.1.1 with different colors depending on the type of load that was carried] or some kind of silo, but it only remains to be seen that it will do ScS since they have the last word.

I think that the map overhauls is of course a great addition, with some cities being very similar to others (through no fault of SCS, as they have achieved an incredible feat just getting the road networks being realistic).

That said, I feel that a great amount of hype should be directed towards some of the other features, including the route adviser (which will now feature distance to next checkpoint) and the paint scheme updates (which will allow "preset by paintjob").

Have a look here for some of the previews from the Open Beta.

?????????

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

DLC designs to be available for all trucks and shapes of cabin. I can't use the most expensive trucks because the Pink ribbon charity designs aren't compatible with them. 

Judging from the pictures, the Lille reskin looks great. But I think I'm more looking forward to the new Special Transport routes for Road To The Black Sea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived