Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What do you think of the new SoundMod FMOD?

/:\D0NPR0MILL0/:\

It's always nice what SCS has been offering us in content lately. But this FMOD SoundMod is not my case if I should be quite honest. To me, that sounds terrible. All good and nice to have new sounds but especially with the trucks this sounds horrible. I can't make friends with this SoundMod at the moment because I have to say honestly I've heard better. Many people will have a different opinion, but I'm honest about that and I don't like it at all. Just write your opinion as you find it would interest me and many others.

I like the sound mod, SCS software had put loads of effort into this, from the echo in tunnels to different volume levels depending on if the windows are up or down, it is a huge improvement to "flat" noises before. With that being said, TruckersMP isn't perfect with FMOD, and I assume will be trying to implement bug fixes to make the sounds better for TMP.

In general, it is lovely but there are some things that need to be fixed.

For example, the sound effect is the same whether you drive in a long tunnel or just under a tiny bridge. That's not realistic. While going under bridges, there is no need for the echo.

Another thing is, when you are inside the cab, the engine sound volume on right headphone is much higher than on the left headphone. This is the case for the cabs that has wheel on left side. I get that the engine is slightly right of you when you are on driver's seat but that shouldn't have such a big effect.

I hope these issues get a rework soon.

While most complaints are indeed somewhat valid (F-Mod is far from perfect in this state), it's worth noting however that 1.37 is only the first part of F-Mod implementation.

SCS stated loads more updates are coming regarding the sounds in F-Mod.

AND they pushed out a first update yesterday that fixes some of the issues the comunity has brought up.

https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/06/sounds-rebalance-package.html

Rome wasn't build in a day.

I'm gonna say that this FMOD is a huge leap for SCS, therefore there can be tons of issues that needs to be fixed. Personally I'm happy about the FMOD update although there are loads of bugs, but I'm sure those will be fixed in the near future, so I'm not really that bothered by it. I'm actually enjoying some of the new implementations and sound improvements though! Kudos to SCS!

I'm loving the new FMOD sounds make the whole simulation experience better, and with the ability to now open you windows and hear the wind rushing past, today I was driving in the rain with my window slightly open. the rain sounds really good as well.

May just be but I have noticed that when it rains and you move it sprays  up behind you.

status.png

Current Rank

284174119_role_VeteranI.png

Previous Ranks

role_Members.png 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Hey!

I think the new sound engine is quite good. I really like the new turn-signal sounds, except the one from the Volvo FH as they're still the same, but one thing that I liked more in 1.36 are the horns. Now, with FMOD, the horns are pretty much all the same and sound kind of weird. I really preferred the horns from 1.36, but everything else is pretty good in my opinion.

Kind regards, 
- Inklink
(ET + CMT) 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think the inclusion of FMOD is a step in the right direction. Yes, there are problems but as SCS pointed out, they're going to be continuously rolling out updates for it in order to deal with them. I definitely like the ability to open the cab window, and hope that in the future they make the sound effects much better to accommodate it.

In itself it is a big change that comes a little closer to the realistic; but like everything new and just starting out has its details and things to improve; But in itself I quite like that now the sounds in itself are quite attached to what they really are; though my qualms are for the horns that are generally not with very well finished in addition to a little far away in what is a horn, especially according to me the normal horn, since at least the air ones sound good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @/:\ACCE55_D3N13D/:\!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you feel that you'll want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived